Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Blaze C U!!??!!

- - - - - blaze

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Has anyone ever seen a blaze C U. A friend of mine said someone was selling one at Luna bank for like 300 mil!!! I just wanted to see to and the person was gone who was selling it? If anyone has info it would be deeply appreciated.

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
They do exist and spawn very rarely. I wouldn't pay 300 mil for one, however. But then I wouldn't pay 300 mil for anything... I don't HAVE 300 mil. hehe.

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
I have seen one on Pacific.... and would not pay 300M for anything! :laugh:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Its alot of gold for a pet, especially when pets have been known to just disappear.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
I would only consider paying 300 mill if it had all the colors of the rainbow, or a jet black one perhaps.

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
I have read 'somewhere' that they only spawn on two shards. Europa and one other I can not think of. So unless you are on one of them shards, the cost of a Cu Sidhe plus a transfer is in the price. 300mio is a high price, but you want to be one of the elite right? If/when I find one that I can tame, I would sell for like 100 mio, but if people wanted to pay more, I think I could be talked into it.

kls7707

kls7707

Here Leezard Leezard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
hrmm. I play on sonoma and I have seen someone riding a blaze cu sidhe. Don't know if that person was a shard hopper or not. I wouldn't pay 300 mil for a dog either, but like others i don't have that much either.
Leapin' Leezard (mage/peace/provoke)
Alexis (Dexxer)
Buddy (Mule)
Skeeter (Tamer/Mage)

Treat others as you would like to be treated! :angel5:

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
I remember people trying to get a Blaze Cu to spawn for the first month post-ML on Cats. Never saw one myself and never talked to anyone who saw one first hand, but I have heard that they exist.

Why anyone would pay 300 million gold for anything is quite beyond me. Course, I guess if you have 300 mil you gotta spend it on something! Just like RL cash, "you cant take it with you."

Posted Image

LadyNico

LadyNico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I have read 'somewhere' that they only spawn on two shards. Europa and one other I can not think of. So unless you are on one of them shards, the cost of a Cu Sidhe plus a transfer is in the price. 300mio is a high price, but you want to be one of the elite right? If/when I find one that I can tame, I would sell for like 100 mio, but if people wanted to pay more, I think I could be talked into it.

Blaze cu sidhes are exceptionally rare spawn, however, they can certainly spawn on any/all shards. Put very simply, the more turnover of cu sidhe spawn, the more likely a blaze cu sidhe will spawn. The higher population shards therefore have a bit of a natural advantage, though I also believe a dedicated tamer community on less populated shards have just as much chance of a blaze cu spawning. It's not called random number generator for nothing!

I spent just over a solid year taming cu sidhes intensively. When I say intensively, I mean roughly 4-6 hours per day everyday though generally spread out over the course of the day/night as I'm a mother, work part-time and am in further education, too.

In that period of one year of hard taming, I was fortunate to tame four blaze cu sidhes. Another two to my knowledge spawned on my shard. The first I gave to a friend, the second I kept for myself, the third and fourth were also given to friends. The first has since been returned to me and I will very soon be selling it for in-game gold, whether by auction on my shard or by word of mouth.

For those who wanted proof they exist, here's a screeny of me and Percy (short for Perserverance!:) )

Posted Image

Welcome, too, to say hello to my tamer, Lady Vix, on Europa and if I'm not riding Percy, I can always pull him out of the stable since Percy's vain enough to enjoy being shown off.

Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
The tamer forum on Stratics is the best place to get news of blaze pups, there is a thread about one being tamed on Chesapeake on page 2 of the threads.

Posted Image

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Welcome Vix!

And tnx for the screenie. Till now I had only seen one on the color chart that some kind soul put together :)

Posted Image

toplessphoenix

toplessphoenix

Holding on to My Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
Congrats on the blaze Cu!!!

LadyNico

LadyNico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Congrats on the blaze Cu!!!

Thank you. Percy was the second of four blaze I've tamed thus far. The first I gave to a friend, the second I kept, while the third and fourth I also gave to friends.

Since then, the first I tamed has been returned to me and I'll be selling that one as who actually needs two blaze cu sidhes?!

Last offer stands at 400m. Insane, isn't it?!

toplessphoenix

toplessphoenix

Holding on to My Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Last offer stands at 400m. Insane, isn't it?!

Wow!! That's alot. Does anyone actually still have 400m anymore? Just curious.

LadyNico

LadyNico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Wow!! That's alot. Does anyone actually still have 400m anymore? Just curious.

Wow is right. I agree it's rather an obscene amount of gold. It could be aruged that in giving away three blaze cu's, I've given away over a billion gold, though in 8yrs, I've certainly never had anything like such an amount. I have some pricey items to be sure, though all have been earned slowly over long periods of time, and today as ever I am effectively still earning my insurance/running costs on a daily basis via hunting.

As far as the recent duper banning rounds, surprisingly, yes, plenty have that much and far more besides. One really needs only to look at the Rares Collector forum on Stratics for an idea of just how much in game gold there is still in the game.

In the last few months, I sat with a friend who was panicking when his vendor went haywire (would not accept payment nor would it pay out) because it had exceeded the 2bil limit. A GM did eventually show up & was able to fix the vendor gone haywire, and my friend was "happy" to have "only" lost a few hundred million (whatever the amount was over & above the 2bil limit). :shocked: An honest trader, this friend (who was relieved to have lost far more than I've ever had over 8yrs) is still very much around and in game.

I appreciate rares, though I am not myself a rares collector or trader. If, by some miracle, I were inexplicably offered any in-game rare, I'd eagerly choose something as simple as "horse dung."

I'm primarily a tamer and spent over a solid year taming & killing off cu sidhes & para cu sidhes in order to win the tamer-lottery. I gave them away. That one has been returned to me really only means I'm able to actualise a quarter of what I earned over that period, or perhaps one-half if you properly consider the one I've kept for myself.

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
LadyNico, every time I see your avatar, I get the llama song stuck in my head...

LadyNico

LadyNico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Why, Adri, you say that like it's a bad thing!! :toothy9:

(If you find it excessively irritating, I will happily change it. In fact, I already have a little something in mind...:evil6:)

toplessphoenix

toplessphoenix

Holding on to My Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
lol i like the avatar =)

Dentrix

Dentrix

Gimp of Pain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
I love llamas!!!!!

And I know someone who spent 180 mill to buy a blaze ku then about another 20 for a transfer to get it to origin then he gave it away to his wife =) Thats about 800$ Us for a cu to give away :).

Posted Image
I'm back. :D

Shawn

Shawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Someone said he would give me a blaze cu on the Test Shard but i would just get mad after the shard goes down

Bet he was pulling my leg.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blaze