Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The Ship's Captain

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
SO I'm wondering what's the best way to put together a ships Captain for the new booster. In my own mind the Captain should be able to take care of his boat to a degree and also have perhaps some kind of fighting skill.

So what do all of you have in mind?

A thought:
Fishing 120 (100 now)
Carpentry 100 ( 100 now)
Tailoring ??? (70 now)
Magery or fighting skill
Meditation or Focus
inscription or Anatomy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Ashlarrr

Ashlarrr

Myconid Herder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
I thought it was all about the hat so buying a Dread Pirate Hat is the only preperation I've made for the expansion!

On a more practical note, would Alchemy be useful for using the cannons? or would that be more something employed before leaving port? I also think Archery would probably make the best combat skill.
As for repairing the ships, I thought it was an either or thing. So having both of them wouldn't really give you any benefit in regards to fixing your mizzen and patching up the holes in the aftcastle.
Typesetter and Reporter for the PaxLair Times.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
It's also not clear if damage will be quickly repairable while in battle. So, just for illustration's sake, if your ship has 100 hull points and a cannonball causes 5 pts of damage, and youre getting pounded with a cannonball every few seconds but your repairs only fix 1 pt of damage per minute... repairing in battle won't be much help, so'd be better to focus on more spell/ranged damage or healing.