Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Bards able to wear their instruments on their back!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Lan

Lan

Criminal Mongbat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
I want to have a lute across my back instead of a cloak!
  • Xune likes this

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
that'd be kewl if there were a new craftable like a lute strap which when attached allows you to wear it
  • Xune likes this

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
That would be cool!

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
I can see the answer now:
"That would require us to create all new artwork for the player mobiles, and that is too much work for such a small change"... :o
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Why on the back? I want to hold it in my hands!

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Hey, Turbine created full 3D models of non-important items for LOTRO! They made us quivers and backpacks and crafting related clothing that are purely cosmetic items, and basically for RP.

Lan

Lan

Criminal Mongbat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Why on the back? Bards cant always walk around with it in their hands (granted I would love to carry it that way), where else are they suppose to put it when fighting with sword and magic? Why on their back of course!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thorynn

Thorynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
I don't have a bard character but I don't see why a bard couldn't carry instruments on their back. Guitars, drums, banjos, etc. All have straps in real life. I can see them having weight reduction properties, or perhaps wrestling bonuses since it could free up the hands.

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Oh yes please, and let them also be held in hand. And let people hold their ale in hand too *Giggles*

Citizen Office of Vesper
Europa Roleplay

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
even if they put it on the back i have a feeling that most won't simply because a quiver of infinity is on the back already, unless you could craft dci on a lute that is :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Hey Yelena, think RPish *chuckles*
A "real bard" might not wear a quiver at all.

Citizen Office of Vesper
Europa Roleplay

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
i am thinking uo mechanics, that 5% dci can make all the differeance when some is using a HLD weapon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
^-^ and me is thinking of people that don't fight at all ;)

Citizen Office of Vesper
Europa Roleplay

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Where is the reality in that? Its unrealistic that the instrument is just in the backpack as it is. I know their are some unrealistic things in UO, but we don't need to add to it.

I vote to keep things realistic.

Clex

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

Why on the back? Bards cant always walk around with it in their hands (granted I would love to carry it that way), where else are they suppose to put it when fighting with sword and magic? Why on their back of course!

Yes please. I would love to see that.

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Decisions, decisions... Should I be a bard in this battle? Should I be a melee fighter? Maybe, I should attack with magery? Decisions, decisions...Just what am I?

Clex