Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

some advise please

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

CravenTrenfor

CravenTrenfor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Im trying to get some role playing started on sonoma my home shard. I have been reading all the info that i can get from all you fine people. I have come up with a char and a guild and even posted some story line on my char. But what I'm hitting a wall on is getting some other people involved. I was hoping to get some advise from some of you more vetrain rplyer's out there..

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
A bit of advice I'd pass along is this. Don't concern yourself with numbers. Even if you just find one or two people to participate, plan a good organized event for them and you'll be surprised how much fun just a few people can have. I often find that the smaller events lead to better fiction writing because things aren't as confused. What's more, when others read about these events, your roleplaying will grow as others join in and side plots develop. So that's what I'd advise.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Or you can do it like I did...

Start RBG.
Bring new blood to rp.
Destroy the shard status quo and start all over again.

In the end you get a bunch of pissed elders and an active rp shard.

Well worth it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Not everyone wants to undertake in massive social engineering. Also the RPers on Pacific are really open to new players...the status quo is actually enjoyable :)

I only left because the time difference was excluding me from events and such :(

CravenTrenfor

CravenTrenfor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the advise all. Now if I could only get a few to join in.

Lan

Lan

Criminal Mongbat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
The easiest way to make it happen, is dont look for it. Roleplay while your at the bank, in a dungeon, etc. People will normally join in, if you give them a subtle invite during your roleplay. If not, people will start to at least recognize you and then perhaps start trying to roleplay with you.

If you do decide to go looking, do some research. Find the Roleplay guilds on the shard and talk to someone in charge about possibly trying to do an event with them, or show up at one of theres (just dont crash it please) and start roleplaying with them. Great places to look are here on UOF and even Google.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Victoria Navarre

Victoria Navarre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for the advise all. Now if I could only get a few to join in.

My advice would be is to not let yourself get discouraged. The RP guild of your dreams will not happen in a week. Just keep on keeping on and you'll get there in time.

Bryelle Vaughn

Bryelle Vaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
I agree with LAN and Sable, small groups work best and do lead to better writing. In addition, I know that no matter what shard I am on (be it Pacific or Atlantic), if I see someone at the tavern or at the mage shop rp'ing, I tend to hop in.

After all, you don't rp unless you want someone else to participate!!! So that is really a wonderful way to get people involved.