Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Spellweaving-Fencer

build dexxer skill spellweaving template

14 replies to this topic

Celedrith

Celedrith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
I had this temp on my head for a long time..I'm RP PvP-er in Europa which limits me with not using AoE spellweaving spells, but I only intend to use the boost spells anyway

120 fencing
100 tactics
100 anatomy
90 healing
80 poisoning

I have 210 points left to spend. I'm thinking of a 110 spellweaving and 100 meditation, but I'm not sure about this, maybe can take 100 Spellweave and spend the rest 110 points on medi+focus. Any suggestions?
Currently in Vesper:

Bedford : Missing
Escaflowne : Missing
Davion : Missing
Cocidius : Retarded

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Template analysis:

Since you appear to be involved in Vesper, and have said that you're involved in rp-pvp, I'm going to assume that you'll be in less-than-adequate gear for the rp-pvp side of things.

In the rp-pvp side of things, I don't see any truly useful spellweaving spells apart from gift of renewal and immolate weapon, which means that 50 spellweaving is enough (but impossible to find a focus).

In the PvM side of things, 110 spellweaving is better than 100 for the word of death success rates, but otherwise it doesn't matter if you have 100 or 120 weaving.

So I'd go with the 110 weaving
Posted Image

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
speaking as an active spellweaver in europa rp community i would say take weave to 110, gift of renewal will heal 15 hp every 2 seconds for a couple of mins and attunement will absorb phy damage... 89 hp worth of phys damage, then you can use 2 summon pixies and that can be an added boost and then you have immor weapon, also on europa there is a group of spellweavers that meet at WBB every 7pm bst gmt for the lvl 6 arcane focus for those that have weave at gm to 120, the thing i see with your template is that nox is relative useless, and the only defence you would have is with weaving, you have no parry and parrying would also help and make the attunement last longer...

thats just me, weave is one of my four fave skills, along with necro, alchemy and mysticism

*Note* you can only get the 15hp every two seconds and the 89 hp attunement if you have a level six arcane focus

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Celedrith

Celedrith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Aye, I have little defence, but with parrying I'll need a shield, unless I train Bushido as well. Which I can't afford to have. I'm betting all my defense on Attunement + Gift of Renewal to be honest, and my 120 fencing, which is at least %50 chance of getting it, considering I'm fighting a dexxer as well as myself.

The poison is just my char's thing, and it's kinda irreplaceable :)

With 55 mana and 100 medi, I believe I'll quickly stock my mana. I'm probably going to go with 110 spellweaving-100 meditation. Not sure about the pixies though, if they are allowed.

Thanks for the insight.
Currently in Vesper:

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
pixies are allowed, i have checked they are one pet control slots, and a normal hit generally kills them, the roe states that you are allowed 2 1 control slot pets

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
OOC: Celedrith's sig made me chuckle...

Pixies are only 1 slot, yes. I think a swift breeze could kill one...

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
but two set on a player in gm armour then also having a mage casting spells on that person it is nicely overwelming

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Belagoth

Belagoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Now for an RP character I wouldn't say that skills are the most important thing to worry about. While that being said I don't know your character's style. But with poisoning as a 'main' skill I would consider going perhaps hiding/stealth or maybe tracking/detect?

As for the spellweaving skill. With lvl6 focus don't you cast 5 pixies at the same time? If you decide to cast pixies in the middle of a battle you'll have difficulties releasing some of them =) But my guess is that gift of renewal and attunement would be priceless in a no-magic item environment. Especially with lvl6 focus

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
just cast the summon spell when you have 15 mana, two pixies come out

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Celedrith

Celedrith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
It's not the really the skills I'm worried about, I just am trying a complete new template, and wanted to have some feedback on how it would work, since there are no Spellweaving-warriors out there, or little I've heard of. The skill change is due to the role change, rather than skill thingie.
Currently in Vesper:

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
i use spellweaving on warriors in eur rp and it works very well

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Celedrith

Celedrith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
yeah, tested with 55 spellweaving with a level 2 arcane focus today ( argh! ) apparently, this skill is also PvP-wise awesome. Especially Attunement.
Currently in Vesper:

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
i know on my mage the only healing i do is a lvl 6 gift of renewal with a greater heal pot, that will see me alright in a one on one against any warrior

for mages in eur rp i have thought up this template and i have tested it and it works well

110 swords or mace
110 bush
110 parry
gm myst
gm focus
gm weave
90 tactics

stats,

100 80 75

pots push this to 120 100 75

healing is gift of renewal, confedance, healing stone, pots, cleansing winds as a last result.

to make up the damage increase i wear an elven quiver +10%, you get a di bonus for strength over 100, then have enchant weapon with hit lightning this will you a 53% chance of it hitting, immolate weapon, which will also stack with enchant,

Defence you have your normal parrying, with 1 handed weapon this is 30%, then attunement with a level 6 focus this is 80 hp of phy damage absorbed, then evasion with this wait untill the second casting of a mage combo then hit it, good chance that it will then evade the whole combo.

*Note* Use one handed weapons...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Celedrith

Celedrith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
True but gift of renewal is gone if used poison, an' it may be hard to cure it after a couple of times. It's long casting time may be a problem too I suppose?
Currently in Vesper:

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
gor only goes away if you use it when poisoned

if it is already on and your poisoned then it heals threw the poison making noxing some one absolutely pointless

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: build, dexxer, skill, spellweaving, template