Jump to content

Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

 

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

 

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

 

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum


Photo

Shadow Moore Inn

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1
Podolak

Podolak

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
*Podolak approaches the tavern doors, which have been boarded up for months*

"Some things just don't change..."

*he starts removing the boards and one of the doors comes off its hinge.*

"Oie...these doors have been pretty solid since the last time Va'lis blew this place up."

*slipping past he surveys the tavern contents.*

There is a film of dust covering the counter, tables and chairs. Some chairs are tipped but all of the tables seem to be in good order. The remaining food had been removed prior to the tavern's closing so the musky scent was that of a building having been neglected only.

*Podolak moves to the broom closet and commences with the cleanup process.*

"First order of business, getting some hired help."

OOC: I'll start the tavern thread here. When the general RP forum is created I am sure Corvak can move it.

#2
Avalon ^V^

Avalon ^V^

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
*Swooping in on the winds from the West Avalon takes a few laps outside the run down building hoping this is the correct place to find whom she seeks.
She lands softly and her talons dig into the cool earth at her feet. Evidence reveals the one she is meant to seek is indeed still in residence.
Stepping lightly into the doorway, careful to tuck her wings around her, the tall Gargoyle stands a moment allowing the full glory of what had been dance in her imagination.
A deep sweeping bow to the lord of the manor.*

M’lord I am sent by my Charge to see if there is required any assistance.

#3
Podolak

Podolak

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
*chuckling at the sight of Avalon filling the doorway and wondering how she got through without complete devastation to the doors*

Ah, my dear Avalon. How kind of Izznet to send you my way. I fear several of the tasks I need to do would not be suited for someone of your stature. I think more things might break than we would want.

However, I pre-ordered a new ice chest and it will be here shortly, hopefully. You could remove the old ice chests. After that if you could locate the carpenter, Kain. I'll need him to get working on those doors and some of the floor boards.

#4
Avalon ^V^

Avalon ^V^

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
*A blush moved across her cheeks and neck at the observation of her size and potential devastation she could cause in the ruins.*

I am at your service m’ lord when you require me I will attend you. And I am familiar with Kain and will speak to him as soon as he is located.

*Taking a step forward and creaking a loose floorboard she startled a bit stopping dead in her tracks hoping not to fall through all together.*

Ah, I see what you mean.

*Gingerly she picked up her large foot and backed out the door the same way she entered folding her wings in tight around her body.*

#5
Podolak

Podolak

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
*ponders to himself*

If we are going to have Gargoyle guests I really need to re-enforce the foundation, floor, basement, stairs, chairs. Oh my Kain is going to be very busy indeed.

#6
Avalon ^V^

Avalon ^V^

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Taking flight once more a soft smile crept across her lips to think of a thriving place in which to gather. She mused as to what sort of events would take place in this refuge. It was hoped that many would shadow the doors of the establishment and be known by name. It was also hoped that others of her kind would grace the walls with their mighty wings and elegant talons. The walking world needed more elegance in it.

#7
Podolak

Podolak

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
*Podolak continued dusting off the tables and started making a list of things that needed to be replaced*

"Lets see; six chairs, two stools. Oh I think this bar can be saved a little polish ought to do the trick..."

#8
Podolak

Podolak

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
The tavern is spotless. The floors have been swept and all tables, counters and chairs are dust free. There is still broken furniture here and there but the tavern is generally usable. Podolak is found with his face planted on the bar, sleeping. A bottle of polish in his hand but the surface of the bar has not been touched by it yet.

#9
Avalon ^V^

Avalon ^V^

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Moving through the forests quiet as a mist a lone figure steps gingerly into a clearing revealing a building. Soft footfalls without a trace left behind them move slow and deliberate towards the shelter. At the door the figure shifts through as if the breath of a breeze. Pausing a moment to examine the new environment the soft eyes take note of each detail in the room. Falling to the figure at the bar and noticing the bottle the shadow passes from the door to the bar with little more than a chill to announce their presence.
Concentration fully focused on the bottle a slight finger reaches to touch the solid with the un solid. Unable to move the bottle from its resting place the frustrated whisper moves dust on the bar. The discovery is profound, so again a whisper across the dust causing simple little patterns to appear. A weak smile stretches across the face of the intruder as a mischievous thought crosses a tired mind. One more soft whisper across the ear of the sleeping figure and *poof* gone like a shadow in the sun.

#10
Podolak

Podolak

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Podolak stirred as the cool breath feel across his ear. Groggily he awoke to an empty room. He must have been dreaming he thought to himself. However, when he looked down at the patterns in the dust he knew they were not random. A spirit perhaps? Of someone who long ago died in the building. Whatever the case he was frustrated for sleeping and decided to get back to work. Applying polish to the bar he started rubbing hard, working the rag with his finger tips and bringing out a nice luster to the wood.

#11
Avalon ^V^

Avalon ^V^

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Lost in a corner without seeing or being seen the small figure adorned the walls like a faded painting. Releasing a whisper on the breeze and stirring a small spider was the only evidence anyone was present. It was becoming fairly evident that a whisper was the only way to be noticed. Now the question was how to practice this new found ability.
Closing ethereal eyes and laying aside the uneasy feeling a calm intake of air, then release moved the figure from the wall to the floor. Again a calm intake of air and a soft release moved the air allowing for progressing across the room. Once more and the rhythm became easier.
Hovering just above the floor yet still puzzled at the idea of what was amiss the figure discovered the ability to watch and move around the room almost at will. The difference between inside this space and the outside had been the other breezes available. It was as though being carried on the wind was as much a mode of transportation as walking had been.
So much more was meant to be learned.

#12
Podolak

Podolak

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Finished with the work on the counter and the tavern in otherwise good order Podolak begins penning a note.

Kain,

It seems I have lost the last messenger so I shall write you a note directly. Provide the following in your sturdiest wood:

24 dinner chairs
12 Bar stools
2 re-enforced front doors for the tavern.

I presume you will need to to take measurements on the doors. Get them installed as soon as possible. Have the chairs delivered when ready, ensure they can support more substantial weight.


Podolak attached the note to his pigeon and then ventured to the back room to begin the pantry's organization.



#13
Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Pandora, the ancient guardian of those that must be kept, orders her new saddle be prepared for her beloved mare, Ichabod. As she did so, Marius, her maker and lover, was looking over her shoulder reading the scroll she held in her hand.

Pandora with a raised eyebrow said, "Lover, must thou always be at my ear?" To which Marius replied without taking his eyes off the scroll, "Why yes, yes I must." Marius grined as Pandora looks up at him, putting down the scroll. "It seems we have been invited by Lord Podolak to a new tavern he has been building. Shall I confirm our joint attendance?" She then turns to face him with a smile. "No, dear, I care not for socialization. Besides I must oversee the construction of the new RBG Outpost for Umbra. It seems Amroth's ran into a glitch with the jail configurations. Speaking of the RBG, any news on our friend Kalmar?" Marius quickly changed the subject. Pandora nods a single, sharp "no".

"None, sire. 'Tis a worry for our friends in Umbra, but alas Terence is dutifully in charge of Kalmar's care. The Captain's beloved, Kayla has travelled from Minoc to be at his side. I am afraid while his wounds are healing, he is still unconcious." Marius said with a hopeful smile, "Ahhh, pray that the Bloodletters of Umbra are skilled enough to return their brave Captain to their city. Until then, we shall add more patrols to the area from our own coven." Pandora head turned, now focused on Ichabod. "Well, guess I will stop by Podolak's tavern, see what help, if any, I could be."

The stablehand came into view as Ichabod, dressed in full cover, is walked over to his master. The stallion knows her well and lets out a neigh as she takes his reigns. "Has he been well fed?" Pandora asked of Neil, the stablehand that cared for all of the covens great beasts. "Aye, m'lady, he's had his fill of his favorite blood." Neil patted the beast on his nose. Pandora, as if lifted by the wind, was straddled on her mount within seconds. No side saddle for her, she preferred the more traditional front-seated saddles that men rode.
Pandora had come to love riding on Ichabod versus using her flight gift. Marius however prided on the fact that his flight gift was so well trained. As she and Ichabod galloped away, she heard the all-to-familiar swoosh sound that Marius made when he took flight. She figured he would be on his way to the construction site where the Outpost will occupy.

The ride was long, but pleasureable as the sun had set for the eve's moon. When she arrived, Podolak met her at the front stables of the tavern. She jumped off her saddle, and reigned her mount up.

"Good eve', Podolak. How are thou this fine evening? Have ye any fresh blood for my Ichabod? He always thirsts after a long ride."

(OOC: Ichabod is a rare stallion that was turned into a vampire nearly 300 years ago. Ash, Cherry Spy's mare, is also afflicted with the same disease but he's about 80 years younger. It is how they are spellcasters, with their red eyes and jet black complexions.)

pandora_signature.jpg
Websites: www.childrenofdarkness.com :: www.royalbritannianguard.com :: www.ordervschaos.org
ICQ. 608083009 | Email. pandora@childrenofdarkness.com
Pandora de Romanus | Marius de Romanus | Cherry Spy | Jade Spy | Amroth | Kalmar Erikkson | Edwin (Shared)


#14
Podolak

Podolak

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
*nodding to Pandora as she approached, assisting her from her beloved mare*

Ahh, always good to see Ichabod, he is a fine steed indeed. You truly have a loyal companion m'lady.

*Podolak scratches around Ichabods ears. Most would fear for themselves to be that close to such dangerous but magnificant beast. However, Podolak has a fondness for dangerous things*

Please beg my pardon though m'lady. I haven't stocked the stores yet, I am still busily getting the infrastructure in place. As you can see I haven't been to this building in many years and it has been rather neglected.

How do you fare and what brings you by?

#15
Avalon ^V^

Avalon ^V^

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
A whisper of the magic words and the soft sparkle of being transported from one place to another washed over her lean body. Appearing before the new Inn Izznet smiled at the sight of Podolak. She greeted him with a lingering embrace her forehead pressed to his, she whispered to him her pleasure of seeing him.
Around her shoulder was a satchel containing liquid refreshment newly procured from a renegade band of brigands. The aroma of freshness wafted in the air causing a stir. A large stallion with red eyes glaring into the darkness brought a smile to Izznet’s lips.
“We have company! It is a good thing I brought extras. Good evening, Pandora, and well met.”
She passed the bag to Podolak to divvy between them leaving the left overs for the horse.

#16
Podolak

Podolak

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
*a slight smile creeps across Podolak's lips as the Lady Izznet appears*

A my dear Izznet, how good of you to stop by. Though I would have preferred to have things more in order before your arrival.

*returns her embrace, savoring her soft touch and feminine scent*

It has been too long since I've been able to see you.

*notices the satchel and the aroma from it*

Actually, your timing is impeccable, we have a very thirsty steed visiting us.

*glances over to the magnificent mare broadening his smile*

#17
Avalon ^V^

Avalon ^V^

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Practice of the new found skill was becoming a bit more fun. A light breeze that sifted through the broken door was helpful in moving about the space without need of such deep concentration. The figure twirled and flittered about the space as if in a grand ball room leaving in the wake circles and shifting patterns in the bits of dust left from the man walking about cleaning.
The hollow sound of voices broke through the inner music the shadow figure had playing in their mind. As if in a glass jar trying to hear things outside, the voices were a muffled distant garbling without form or coherent words. A light vibration through the air spoke of a large beast with powerful energy.
Frightened slightly the concentration was broken and the movement stopped. The figure was “stuck” in the middle of the space like a fly in a web.

#18
Avalon ^V^

Avalon ^V^

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
**Izznet**

“It has indeed been far too long, sir. Your absence is felt, so I thought to take matters upon myself, and see if you required assistance.
If you require more… sustenance please allow me to provide for you.” she said with a sultry smile.
Nodding towards the Inn she gave the steed a soft pat to its shoulder.
“Have you yet been inside?” she queried to Pandora.
“Would it be appropriate to enter now, sir?” she said as she laid a soft hand on Podolak’s arm.

#19
Podolak

Podolak

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
*taking the ladies by his arms and leading them inside*

It would be most appropriated though it is far from ready. Kain is due in later to replace the doors and deliver some furniture.

*smiling Podolak continues his escort*

How about a quick tour ladies?

*Podolak begins pointing out historical significance to some of the things in the tavern when a distant explosion is heard. Some of the glasses behind the bar rattle but nothing breaks.*

*Podolak, chuckling to himself.* Oh my, sounds like Va'lis found a new stock of blackrock. I hope no one was hurt.

#20
Avalon ^V^

Avalon ^V^

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Soaring in erratic circles almost like a “limp in flight” the large Gargoyle made the approach to the Inn far too fast and at a completely wrong angle. She twisted mid air so as to miss the people on the ground, but in so doing lost her aerodynamic stability and flew into a wall crumpling under her own impact and falling dazed to the ground.
Letting out a loud groan the Mountain sobbed at the loss holding out the sword before her knowing either her Charge or Podolak would know what to do! The charred remains of flesh clung to her robe and the smell of a fresh death was heavy on her skin. The bits of earth and blood that stained her talons spoke loudly of a horrible incident.
All Avalon could do was to close her eyes and allow the image of the explosion filter to Izznet’s mind, words were far beyond her ability to explain. The soft mutterings in her gargish between the sobs mourned the death of a stranger.