Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Stealth & Leather Armor

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Celedrith

Celedrith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Apparently in the game I think that after a certain skill level, you never fail the stealth skill while wearing only leather armor. Since to get stealth to higher levels you need to wear more heavy stuff. Does anyone know that certain level, where I will %100 with only leather parts?

Playing in Europa, if it does matter.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
As far as I know, you can stealth as well in leather and mage armor as you can if you were naked. I don't know what the success rates are at the different skill levels, however.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I *think* it is 80.0 Stealth, but I'm not really an experienced stealther myself.

Maybe you can deduct something from here:
Stealth - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
once stealthed with 80 stealth as long as you don't run you stay stealthed forever, unless you walk thru something in fel, someone uses reveal or detect hidden, or you get hit with an area effect damage spell or item, i never take stealth above 80 cause there is no point to having it higher and it saves on skill points to go somewhere else, the same with hiding, i never take hiding above 90 it seems to be enough for my fel archer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Celedrith

Celedrith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
would that fel archer be wearing a barbed leather suit, which basically is my suit, the RP gear?

if it is I can leave 40 medi, along my 120 weapon skill to do a number of moves.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
the fel archer has a mixture of mage armour metal and leather... spined, horned or barbed it will make no differeance.

also what toon is your chara? human or elf? cause if elf you will only have 4 mr with the 40 med but if human you will have 5 mr with 40 med and jack of all trades focus, and 5 mr is what 100 focus gives you

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Celedrith

Celedrith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Elf.

35 INT - 55 mana
120 weapon skill lowers the costs.
40 medi for - 5 MR actually, a little bit help from the INT also.

I think that would be enough for me.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
if you have over 300 points in combat classes this includes all the weapon skills, parry, nox, bush, ninja your speicals will cost 10 mana less, also i don't see how you have 5 mr if you only have 40 med on an elf, jack of all trades is a human racial ability, it is why i only play human characters

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Uriel

Uriel

Sanity is for the Weak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

if you have over 300 points in combat classes this includes all the weapon skills, parry, nox, bush, ninja your speicals will cost 10 mana less, also i don't see how you have 5 mr if you only have 40 med on an elf, jack of all trades is a human racial ability, it is why i only play human characters

Last I checked it was 300 combat skill lowered mana cost for specials by 5 only and yeah med would only give you 4 MR and I was pretty sure weapons and shield disrupted that. Also yes elves don't get JoAT so I have no idea where you're getting 5 MR and even if passive med isn't disturbed by weapons and shieldsyou are going to be stam sapped without focus in RP gear.

Also restealth chance dependent of hiding is what I've been told by a long time stealther, who recommended to me 100 hiding as you'd never fail restealth and 80 stealth as that really is all you need.
Posted Image

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
i always use 90 hiding cause it gets me by enough for my needs and the 10 points goes to somewhere that its needed in

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
I am never stam sapped in rp since i have total refresh pots which makes it reduntant to have focus and with only 40 points in focus, sure you will get 4 stam regen but only 2 mr

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reiver

Reiver

Preceptor of Silver Dawn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
Simple really Humans get 1 HR elves get a 1 MR as there racial abilities... You can check with SA it tells you that... atleast thats what i beleive (currently away for the nest 3 month so i can't check) other thing elves i beleive get 20 bonus int which means more stats for elsewhere
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
humans get 2 hpr, elves as far as i am aware don't get any regen at all... imo joat is alot better then 20 extra mana... i have always believed that human toons are better then elves and elves are better then gargs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Celedrith

Celedrith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
I checked the Mana Regen thingie in uoguide.
Btw I found that 90 hiding & 75 stealth is enough to provide %100 stealth leaving me 45 meditation.

Focus is redundant like Yelena said, total refresh makes sure you never need it. Well I always play elves because I always RP elves :)

MR has a bonus from INT as well, well at least that's what uoguide told me. Both UOGuide and Stratics tell me I have 0.63.

Mana Regeneration - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia
UO Stratics - Meditation

Int is 35 meditation is 45, 0 focus and no item bonus as we're in RP gear.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
oh don't get me wrong... you need focus if you rp playing a tin can cause you will get no mr at al from med while in tin canness armour.... but bare in mind while in tin can armour you will only get a maxium of 6 mr from 120 focus

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Celedrith

Celedrith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
tin can? I always wear Leather Armor which is medable, I reckon.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
i always wear leather also cause my templates are like a mixture of melee and some magicial skill or another and since my fel templates don't have med or focus on them and just have MR on the suits i have mage armour or leather to get myself an extra 3 mr from joat focus and meditation

also all leather armour is medable with the exception of that nasty studdied stuff

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rodan

Rodan

K^S Guild Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
If I remember right, the human trait Jack of all Trades no longer gives you a mana discount when performing special. However the trait functions like it should with other things.

Quoted from UO Guide.com

"The 20 skill points from humans’ “Jack of all Trades” will no longer apply to the skill points required for the mana discount on special moves. If players do not have 200 or more modified points in various combat skills (Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Throwing, Parry, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido, and Ninjitsu), their special moves will use the full mana cost"

Read Publish 64 notes here Publish 64 - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Sincerely,
Rodan

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
yes i knows that but joat is still better

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]