Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Kingdom Reborn FAQ

- - - - - faq kingdom reborn

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I just hope those that leave give me their stuff, and don't come back asking for it back.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

I just hope those that leave give me their stuff, and don't come back asking for it back.

Don't worry, you won't be getting anything. Deal?

XxCrimsonKnight

XxCrimsonKnight

Killing your brigands, one blood drain at a time.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
looks good, however if there was mmorpg in which i am most impressed with, (being both the ammout of time it has been around, and the ammout of people still playing) it would be UO. in fact i am rather suprised about the loyalty to this game and wonder if the game really needs a graphics overhaul. it seems people are content with the way it is. you really can't fix something thats not broken
why'd you have to go and break what's already broken.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Kingdom Reborn! NEW Screen Shots Show Horse Attire!

source taken from UO.UHall

Comment

I'm guessing from the new screen shots of "Kingdom Reborn" that we are finally getting horse blankets, saddles, and horse armor. YAY!

We have begged for horse armor for ages.

Now they've got me excited.

############################

Something is wrong with the perspective. It seems a little more top down than the others. Definately more top down than the current client.

Am I seeing things? I hope so...

############################
is that 3rd screenshot a dwarf??!!!

looks like a bearded man to me. it looks the same height as the other humans, who knows.

That horse armor looks sweet!

I wonder if ethies will be able to wear it, and how will it look on them. I also wonder if other mounts like polar bears will have mount armor too.

########################
They can make it look however they want. Part of my problem with the appearance is that some of the natural colours aren't vibrant enough. The terrain seems very reminiscient of Dungeon Siege to me - it just looks too washed out and dulled-down. The grass should be a bit greener, and the soil perhaps a bit darker. Aside from that, the landscape looks fairly nice.

As for the horses, I hope to god they don't make the blankets that colourful. The horses in those screenshots look like they belong to Gypsies, or little old ladies who like to knit. With the tail, the horses look like lego horses. I could live without the blankets - just give me a regular horse with a basic saddle and I'll be happy.

Oh, and I hope the Ophidian design hasn't been finalized. They look.....stupid. If that is what I was looking at during the Ophidian invasion, I would've let them keep the cities.

I agree with the comment about the "round" surfaces - they should be more elliptical in an isometric view. They just don't look right - especially the fountain.

Anyway on the most part, the screenshots look good - my biggest concern though is the appearance of the "living" things (players, NPC's, monsters etc). I feel like there is still work to be done on the way they look.

#########################

In those screenshots though, you see into both buildings as if they have no rooves. Is that how it will be in the new client?

#########################

CatHat UO Character/Environments Artist

Quick claification on this point.

Roofs were removed in the screenshot so we could showcase whats in the building to everybody.

The images are just works in progress to give you all an idea of how its coming.

( I like your before and after shots posted )

:) :) :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Lancefer_*

Guest_Lancefer_*
  • Guests
I agree, the colors seem a bit off, and also the old addage - don't fix what isn't broken.

I know it being the 10th anniversary it's time to do something drastic, or so the powers that be are thinking...but if it is to run in compatability with old clients, maybe you should consider just updating the images, additional items, quests, locations through the update engine. Which would guarantee compatability and not threaten us with having to learn things all over again. Which is something I dread.

True it is absolutely beautiful, but as a gamer I have learned it's not the look but the playability that really counts, and of course has kept me playing for 9 years.

I'd like to also point out that as a computer service repairman, I have introduced customers to UO for the first time...people playing World of Warcraft" and the like. Their first impression with UO, as they watch me play at work, is the graphics aren't "all that". However, once they play the game, they LOVE it, and are hooked.

Bottom line is, do NOT sacrifice any UO gameplay options for a new look. 2D is perfect for this game, 2D with a rotating camera would be bad news. Please remeber that most players are not wizkids and have a hard enough time learning how to understand the skills and status windows.

Things I look forward to:
Pet armor and the ability to create items for them using my BS or Tailor char. Especially saddles for all tamable creatures. Perhaps the ability to edit the pixels on the side of the saddle so people can "copywrite" a guild lable to be displayed on their horses, the ability to do so would only be possible through the guild leader and automatically appear on the horse owned by that guild member. Just a thought.

The new dungeon ? whoo hoo, but lets make the dragon the king of the jungle again (as it should be). Put a new tamable dragon with 30,000 hit points! Tamable but rare, I dont want to see them at Luna everyday.

Bag inscription, finally.Naming that bag full of reagents should have been developed 9 years ago :-)

A more detailed look at the surrounding areas of UO, grass, buildings, trees, dungeons etc.

Updated graphics for charactures, and movable objects without tampering with the standard usage techniques used today.

MANY more storyline quests. Please, at least one per town.

---
With those updates in mind, is it really neccessary to re-release a new UO. With the exception of just releasing a yearly version that has all the updates in place. (like a virus protection program).

Oh, and when you all start the beta program - PLEEEEASE let me help out!

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
There was a clarification on the horse blankets. They are Faction horses, the blankets color coded to each faction.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
What about the horse with the full body armour? Could that be the charger? Umm how many factions are there? :)

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Currently there are 4 Factions.

That could be the Charger of the Fallen

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: faq, kingdom, reborn