Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Kingdom Reborn FAQ

- - - - - faq kingdom reborn

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Kingdom Reborn FAQ

The UO team is hard at work re-building Sosaria and soon much more will be revealed. For now, we want to answer some of the most asked questions and give you yet another glimpse of what’s to come. We’ll be adding to this FAQ regularly so keep an eye on www.uo.com for updates.

Q: What is Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn? Just a new client or more?
A: We are re-drawing the graphics and building a new user interface that will be easier-to-use for players new and old. (At the same time, we’re working to give long time players UI options that will let them play almost exactly the way they play now.)

We are also adding new content that you’d find in most other UO expansion packs, such as a new player race, new features, a new dungeon and other surprises.

We will be polishing and improving some areas of UO game play, but the core sets of rules, systems and content will remain intact.

The idea is to give current, former, and new players a vibrant, thriving world that looks and plays like it’s new, that also takes advantage of Ultima Online’s nine years of features, content and culture.

Q: Will there be a beta? If so, when? How long will it be?
A: Yes, we will have a public beta test. Dates will be announced on www.uo.com.

Q: Is the new client 2d or 3d?
A: Yes! In a way, it is both. It’s a 3D engine that will look and play like a 2D engine, except for some special effects, lighting and other small details.

Our goal was to preserve the look and feel of Ultima Online, while also providing the benefits of a modern graphics engine.

Q: Will we be able to rotate or otherwise change the camera angle?
A: To preserve the charm and feel of Ultima Online, we’re re-building the world with highly detailed 2D tiles. This allows us to have the visual detail we want, but does prevent us from creating a rotating camera.

Q: Will the new special effects be scalable? If I have a fast computer, can I enable more cool effects to make the game look better?
A: There will be some effects that will be scalable according to what 3D card you have. However, our goal is to give players with low system spec machine a visually vibrant and inviting game.

Q: Will we still be able to play with the old 2D or 3D client after Kingdom Reborn launches?
A: Yes, we will continue to support the older clients after the launch of Kingdom Reborn. However, the long term plan is to support a single client for the game.

Q: Can we see new screenshots?
A: Sure. Here are three!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Moonglow ??? Trinsic ????

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
Wow!

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

Wow!

Not WoW, its Ultima Online. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
Ohhh. I thought they had upgraded WoW. Bugger. I'll just try this thing then, what did you call it? bUltima Offline?

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
I ......Want.........Those.....Horses.............

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I wonder if all the rides, will have some sort of saddle.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
It's sooooo pretty! :)

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I'll have to get a matched team of horses for you Eowyna. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
*smiles* You spoil me so, Maddux!

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
It is you who spoil me, and if there is something I can do to make you smile, consider it done.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
I am looking forward to this! I just hope that EA put out an entire art book of the original UO, of all the towns and special well memorable spots of dungeons and whatever else that would be cool. Also be put our in Hard back so it looks all so pretty!

And then they can also release a real life tarot deck they got in game I have seen here and there I love to have those.

But other than that ready for the new client! =D

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I look forward to all the new items that I can give as gifts to Eowyna. As many times as she has helped me out of a tight situation, she deserves every pixel that makes her smile.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Q: Will we still be able to play with the old 2D or 3D client after Kingdom Reborn launches?
A: Yes, we will continue to support the older clients after the launch of Kingdom Reborn. However, the long term plan is to support a single client for the game.

So in other words...no.

Cripes, I'd respect all this more if they'd just come right out and directly say no, you will not be able to keep playing the original game/client.

As "still being able to play" is not the same as "we'll give everyone transition time".

Oh well, at least we managed to pry that out and get it settled.

Are those humans in those screenshots or dwarves? I honestly can't tell. They have really colorful barding on their mules, though.Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'd imagine they'd phase out the old 3d/third dawn client first, then MAYBE 2D.

I personally would prefer the old 2D client over this one, well, I say that, I might love this new client, hehe.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
Thats moonglow btw

The lyceum where you Start/Finish the human to elf quest.

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I say all the flowers and leaves on the trees, definitely makes it trammel as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
I wonder if those who stay will lose the ability to turn off desolation in Felucca. Entirely new client so who knows.

Flames

Flames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
*whistles* BOOtiful!
Posted Image

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
can't wait!! Just hope my puter will be able to perform... :huh:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

I wonder if those who stay will lose the ability to turn off desolation in Felucca. Entirely new client so who knows.

Those you stay where? UO? Felucca?

If it's UO you mean, I fail to see masses of folks that are threatening to leave. :huh:
On the contrary, I see the majority excited about the new client and the future of UO.

As for the newer information, well I figured that down the line the old Third Dawn client (can't really call it a 3d client) would be canned. The 2d client is a horse of a different color. I feel a lot of folks are deeply into the 2d look, and it's going to take a lot of effort and good work to get it down to one final client. I see that being a couple of years off.
In any case I'd say there is still a ton of information we have yet to see and definately a hands on try at the new client before making any stand on the 2d client.

IMHO, of course.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: faq, kingdom, reborn