Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Questions about the 9th Anniv FAQ Page.

- - - - - 9th anniv faq page questions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source taken from UO.UHall

The FAQ is HERE for your reference.
It says one item (or item set) per token.

Q: How do I get my Early Buy gifts?

A: You will enter your upgrade code into the promotional tool, as described here. Nine tokens will appear in your backpack, which can then be used to claim

AND

Q: Do we get all four of the personal attendants?

A: You will get one personal attendant token that you can redeem for a personal attendant deed. (Truncated for my purpose)

AND

Q: If I enter my promotional code into the promotional tool in-game after the Early Buy program has ended, what will I get?

A: You will receive a personal attendant token, and a token each for the crystal and shadow furniture sets. (Truncated for my purpose)

OK so here is my question... based on the above it says as an Early Buy when you enter your code you get 9 tokens. We know you get 1 Personal Attendant token so does this mean we get 10 tokens with the Early Buy? Or 9, 1 Personal Attendant plus 8 Bonus tokens?

Also

If you don't use your upgrade code within the Early Buy period you get tokens for the "crystal and shadow furniture sets". These are not mentioned in the Early Buy Bonus area... so where do we get these tokens from? Do we have to wait until after Early Buy is over to get these OR are these ALSO included meaning we get 12 tokens for redeeming the Upgrade code during the Early Buy period? (1 Personal Attendant, 1 Shadow Furniture, 1 Crystal Furniture, plus 9 Early Buy Bonus tokens.) Or, are they Early Buy choices that you forgot to list?

My head is spinning.

I noticed this too, but never got around to asking.

So, hopefully you can get an answer for all of us!

Shadow and crystal furniture set????? *scratches head*
I thought that 9th anny box contains 2 housing tile sets (crystal and dark stone).
Did I misunderstood something?

Wilki UO Community Coordinator

Ok, here's how it works.

The UO9 code will give you this before the Early Buyer program expires:
- 9 Heritage Collection Tokens
- 1 Personal Attendant Token
- 1 Shadow furniture set token
- 1 Crystal furniture set token
- Access to the Crystal and Shadow housing tiles

After it expires, you will get:
- 1 Personal Attendant Token
- 1 Shadow furniture set token
- 1 Crystal furniture set token
- Access to the Crystal and Shadow housing tiles

Does this count the Attendant token? If so, then it's false to say Nine tokens will appear in your backpack and should instead read something like "You will receive 9 Early Buy tokens". But as it stands it says you only get 9 tokens.

The answer is in the context of the question. The question isn't "What all do I get?" but rather "How do I get my early buyer gifts?" The reason why it specifies 9 tokens is because the alternative would be one token that gives you nine choices, which would mean you would be stuck picking all 9 on the character that used the token, nor could you trade 1 pick at a time. The reason why it doesn't say 12 tokens is because the other 3 have nothing to do with the early buyer program, which is what the question is about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
What I was wondering about is do we get a piece of paper with an "early buy" code on it. I pre-ordered at Gamestop, and was wondering how this works... Do they send out a bunch of papers with them and they hand them out, or what???

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1088 posts
I remember the last time they gave out papers with a code on it for the green soul stones... I heard from people and reading in other forums that the paper codes were being abused in one form or another.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Thats what I got for the 7th anni or was it SE...God I dont remember exactly. I can imagine it would be totally abused, and this is why I dont know what to expect. With ML, you preordered it through EA and got a code sent to you and input it early and got the gift. How can you get a code early if you buy it from a store which doesnt release it until that day, which would make it not "pre" anymore......

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3882 posts

Thats what I got for the 7th anni or was it SE...God I dont remember exactly. I can imagine it would be totally abused, and this is why I dont know what to expect. With ML, you preordered it through EA and got a code sent to you and input it early and got the gift. How can you get a code early if you buy it from a store which doesnt release it until that day, which would make it not "pre" anymore......

Here ya go:

The code is the upgrade code that is in the box. You'll enter it into the promo system, and it'll make 9 tokens in your backpack that can be used to claim the early buyer bonus items.

Found on Stratics here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
So it will be considered an early buy if you input it the day its released? What about the people that buy it THAT day? That isnt a preorder in my book.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3882 posts

So it will be considered an early buy if you input it the day its released? What about the people that buy it THAT day? That isnt a preorder in my book.

Aye while not a true "preorder" as we know it. here the preorder codes will have a drop dead date, that date is now being moved back to accomodate the Euro/Aussie buyers.
So no you don't actually have to "preorder" the box. As long as you buy it and then load the codes before the to be announced drop dead date.

~ Se'an

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
And you do not need to pre-order to get the 9 tokens, correct? Just buy the expansion between release and Decemberish and it comes with a code to get the tokens?

b] Ando UO Live Assistant Producer [/b]
From the website

Purchase the 9th Anniversary Collection during the first 30 days of release and choose nine special in-game gifts from this selection of rare items from the history of Ultima Online

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9578 posts
That's good to know.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 9th, anniv, faq, page, questions