Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A difficult question.....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Rodan

Rodan

K^S Guild Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
Does anyone know how much stealthing is needed to succesfully stealth thru a platemail gorget? (Every other piece in a suit is med-able/mage armor)

That means without being revealed from failing.

Sincerely,
Rodan

Oriana

Oriana

Guildmistress, Gentle Rest Inn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Does anyone know how much stealthing is needed to succesfully stealth thru a platemail gorget? (Every other piece in a suit is med-able/mage armor)

That means without being revealed from failing.

Sincerely,
Rodan

Rodan, I am not positive but I think by 90-GM stealthing successfully in the suit you propose would be possible.

This is the armor UOGuide suggests for training at various levels. There are metal armor pieces for training even at fairly low levels, although the plate gorget (plus other metal parts) is only introduced at GM.

65.0 - 84.5 Ringmail Gloves and Ringmail Sleeves, Leather Gorget
84.5 - 95.0 Ringmail Gloves, Ringmail Legs, Leather Tunic, Studded Sleeves, Studded Gorget
95.0 - 100 Leather Legs, Chain Tunic, Studded Gorget, Leather Cap
100 - 120 Chain Tunic, Ringmail Arms, Plate Gorget

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I don't believe you can achieve 100%, but I think you can get close.

Oriana

Oriana

Guildmistress, Gentle Rest Inn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
Rodan, I have an overgarment that gives a nice boost to stealth. If you'd like that (free), let me know.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I think Rodan is the one looking to stealth, Oriana :)

My stealther is still in training.

Rodan

Rodan

K^S Guild Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
I heard from Pitr last night that I would need 120 staelthing to achieve 100% success or 102 for 90% sucess.

I had mine locked at 80 and I had all mage armor, no leather, works good.

I shall test this out on TC1, and If it works ill take ninjitsu out and put it in stealth.

Thanks for your offer Ori.

Sincerely,
Rodan

Rodan

Rodan

K^S Guild Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
Okay, found out that all is needed is 80 stealth even if you have a non-mage armor platemail gorget on (Jackal's Collar is what I mean).

Went into stealth mode about 100 times, never got revealed once from just walking around.

Had this on

Spirit of the Totem
Jackal's Collar
Rune Beetle Carapace
Platemail Legs (Mage Armor)
Platemail Arms (Mage Armor)
Platemail Gloves (Mage Armor)

Weapons, shields, clothing, jewlery, talismans do not affect stealthing as far as I know.

Sincerely,
Rodan