Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Building A Luck Suit: My Version

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Lykor

Lykor

Pixel Addiction? Me?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Much debate has raged on thru the years about Luck being broken in UO. While I have seen no proof that it is or isn't working, I've always wanted to try to create a maxed out Luck suit for kicks....

The introduction of imbuing has greatly improved the average joe's chance of making this suit and unless you are INCREDIBLY lucky with runics, the only way you'll get close to a "max" luck suit is thru imbuing...

For my purposes, I use this suit on a casting template, i.e. either my tamer/mage OR works well on my necro/mage as well.... SO, it's adding another wrinkle in that it needs to be 100% LRC and as high LMC as I can get.... (you'll see using the Armor of Fortune helps a lot!)

Here goes:

There are 8 standard pieces of which you can not really debate:

First off, you may choose either the Jester's Hat of Chuckles OR the Maritime Glasses from the Library turn-ins... I use the Jester's Hat for the better resists. Both have 150 Luck.

Secondly, the Armor of Fortune. While it's resists are shatty to say the least, you can not beat the 40 LRC and the 200 luck that it provides!

Third: Leurocian's Mempo Of Fortune - Luck 300

Fourth: The Bleue Luck Jewelry Set from the Spring Clean-Up: 3/6 Casting, MR2, and 400 Luck....whew. nice.

Fifth: The Vesper Order Shield from the Vesper Museum turn-in... 80 Luck

Sixth: The Royal Guard Survival Knife [Replica].... it's Spell Channeling and 140 Luck....
Know, if you dare to chance it, you CAN try to make a MAX luck wep called the Luckblade. It's a rare blacksmith recipe and gives +20 luck automatically, so if you were to craft one with regular ingots, AND the RNG were to give you 100 luck on the roll, then you have a blade with 120 luck which then in turn could be enhanced with Golden ingots to add another 40 for a total of 160 LUCK!!!! This is VERY VERY VERY hard to get, I will warn you.

and.... Seventh and Eighth: Conjurer's Garb, 140 luck and MR2, and the Soles of Providence 80 Luck.... ftw.

Resists so far: 30-26-25-25-31 with no arms, legs, or gloves... which will all be imbued.

Now, first thing we need to account for is LRC and luck.

I made all three of my pieces from regular ingots and crafted with tongs. All exceptional of course.

You must have 20 LRC on each piece to get your suit total to 100 LRC.
Next, I imbued 100 Luck on each piece, followed by LMC 8. 3 mods on each piece so far...
Some people may opt to also add some Mana Regen to one of the pieces if not all 3, but you may not get the resistance up to an acceptable level if you do this. After you've imbued all mods, hold a +60 Ancient Hammer in hand with your BEST Blacksmith Talisman and enhance each piece with gold which will obviously boost them by +40 luck...

The last step on each piece will be the resists, which will be up to each person to decide how to pattern should go.

Last, but not least, I added a Totem of the Void for an addition 10 lmc, which gives me 34 total LMC for the suit, not to shabby.

My account is 12 years old, so after I hit the luck statue, for +800 bonus, my total luck on the above described suit is 2710 with 100 LRC, 34 LMC, 7 MR, 2/6 Casting, and fairly decent resists...

There are other ways to increase luck that will stack here. You may "pay" the Sphinx 5000 gold to "tell them their fortune." If, after giving him the 5000 gold, it responds "Fate smiles upon you this day" your character will receive a 24-hour boost of from 1 to 80 Luck.

Another way, is to toss a few lucky coins in the Fount of Fortune in the Underworld for a boost of 400 LUCK!!!! But this affect is only temporary.....

I hope that this guide is helpful and that your LUCK in UO is better for it!
  • damkil316 likes this

Lykor

Lykor

Pixel Addiction? Me?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I wanted to expound on the imbuing part slightly more...

You have to decide the order of which to imbue the mods on the 3 pieces AND when to enhance the piece with gold....

I usually enhance after adding the first mod to the piece, then proceed down the list of mods, from highest "intensity" and work my way down.... saving the mod with the LEAST expensive special ingredient for the one to imbue last (one of the "residue" mods, probably the LRC mod last)... this last mod will have an INCREDIBLY low success rate, so this is my suggested way to go about making the 3 imbued pieces...

Anyone out there an expert artificier, please add your thoughts!

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Have you done this already? Or in plan to do?

Curious if you notice any difference.

Posted Image

Lykor

Lykor

Pixel Addiction? Me?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
My guildmate and I are working on the imbued pieces currently... VERY VERY hard to enhance even at the beginning... I'll post results of complete suit with resists...

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Suggestion: Ancient Hammer +60 in hand, but have a valorite hammer in your backpack and use it to get the enhancing menu up...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lykor

Lykor

Pixel Addiction? Me?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ok... that was one ROUGHLY expensive suit to build....

Until Pitr gave me the tip about using the Valorite Runic Hammer to bring up the enhance, I broke 20 STRAIGHT PAIRS OF GLOVES due to enhancing with gold and the ONLY mod on the gloves at the time of enhancement was 100 Luck.... eck....

So, after I found a Val Hammer and had the +60 ancient hammer in hand, I succeeded on the 3rd pair of gloves, the 2nd arm, and failed 5 times but NEVER broke the legs but succeeded the 6th time!

I wasn't able to get the max LMC 8 on the arms/legs because the automatically came with mage armor property on them, but the gloves have the lmc, but not mage armor... some give and take here, you'll have to decide on what you want on these imbued pieces....

Without hitting the luck statue:

Posted Image

After hitting the statue with 12 year Veteran account player which gives me 800 luck bonus:

Posted Image

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Enhancing also works like that for all other skills

heartwood runic for bows
heartwood saw for wooden items
Barbed kit for leather items

No charges wasted... higher % of success.

Good job with your suit!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

damkil316

damkil316

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Now go out and do some experiments...Hunt with and without the suit and compare loot drops...

Everything I have seen indicates that luck does not really help all that much...not saying there is no effect at all but just not worth the time and resources to build a suit such as you have described here...

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Hum, I'm sorry to disagree.

If you use a luck suit to get the rewards from:
- killing the dread horn
- minax orders
- sanctuary chain quest
- bulging museum rewards

the loot is absolutely amazing... and the talisman are awe striking.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

damkil316

damkil316

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

- killing the dread horn
- minax orders
- sanctuary chain quest
- bulging museum rewards

It seems I may need to build me a luck suit then...LOL...The suit I had tried it with in the past I think only had around 1200 luck and it wasn't practical to hunt in because of horrible resists...I could not afford the resources needed to build a high end suit...with the introduction of imbuing this will be much easier and I think I may need to give it a shot!

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
You can undress, put on the luck suit, collect the rewards...

Undress the luck suit, put on the pvm suit and go back to questing...

I forgot the Minotaur Quest.. also great rewards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

damkil316

damkil316

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

You can undress, put on the luck suit, collect the rewards...

Undress the luck suit, put on the pvm suit and go back to questing...

I forgot the Minotaur Quest.. also great rewards.

This is true and with the enhanced client this would be extremely easy...no so much back when I tried the luck suit...definitely gonna look into it and try it again i think...

Digitali

Digitali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
I really want to give building a luck suit a go...it's one of those things on my "to do list" since returning! This was a great read for me, thanks for sharing!

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

- killing the dread horn
- minax orders
- sanctuary chain quest
- bulging museum rewards

I know a lot of people take issue with a lot of stuff Pitr types on these boards...but he/she is ABSOLUTELY 100% CORRECT in this instance. Luck works wonders in all of these.

EDIT: I can add Melisande to the list. Kill her in Fel with a Luck suit and your eyes will bulge at the difference.

~M

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
Why in Felucca?
Disclaimer: This user may use metaphoric language that unintentionally leads to confusion; Real, but at times failed intention: to make you think out of the box, beyond serious, pragmatic and direct utilisation - within UO and outside. Be cautious. =)

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Why in Felucca?

You get twice the loot on her corpse in Fel. There's almost no risk, since you can just send a scout to the exit to ensure no one is waiting to gank you.

~M