Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Live Event - In the Shadow of Virtue: Rise of the Bane Chosen

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Mary

Mary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Banes attack my gd, even when I was on their side, ophs not, and seem to make no difference if I have 1 or 2000 +points, banes still would attack it.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

I hope not, there'd be next to no in-character reason for that, indeed no in-character reason at all, and it'd make certain things way too problematic.

-Galen's player

Hum,
Ultima 6... (after killing the shadowlords)

Plot
Some years after Lord British has returned to power, the Avatar is captured and tied on a sacrificial altar, about to be sacrificed by red demon-like creatures, the gargoyles. The Warriors of Destiny suddenly appear, save the Avatar and collect the sacred text the gargoyle priest was holding. In Castle Britannia, the Avatar learns that the shrines of Virtue were captured by the gargoyles and he embarks on a quest to rescue Britannia from the invaders.
Plot
Some years after Lord British has returned to power, the Avatar is captured and tied on a sacrificial altar, about to be sacrificed by red demon-like creatures, the gargoyles. The Warriors of Destiny suddenly appear, save the Avatar and collect the sacred text the gargoyle priest was holding. In Castle Britannia, the Avatar learns that the shrines of Virtue were captured by the gargoyles and he embarks on a quest to rescue Britannia from the invaders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_VI

Ultima 6 Walkthrough

Ultima VI: The False Prophet Walkthrough - IGN FAQs

On a seperate note you can also play Ultima 6 here
The Ultima 6 Project - Home
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
I fail to see how that's an in-character reason. That's saying "this is what could happen if UO closely follows its source material."

We don't know that the gargoyles of UO, as opposed to of UO's source material, even have the myth of the False Prophet, and we don't know that, if they do have such a myth, that they think the False Prophet is the Stranger.

Even if they do on both counts, the Stranger hasn't been seen in generations, and the gargoyles already have lots more reasons to trust Britannia than to not trust it.

-Galen's player

Hum,
Ultima 6... (after killing the shadowlords)

Plot
Plot

Ultima VI: The False Prophet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ultima 6 Walkthrough

Ultima VI: The False Prophet Walkthrough - IGN FAQs

On a seperate note you can also play Ultima 6 here
The Ultima 6 Project - Home

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
It is always a pleasure to see your perspective posted.

What do you predict it will happen OR what would you do if you had the right to decide?

Do you think this Ophid/Banes war is the developers testing something to apply to a bigger scale (factions or a real huge war) or do you think it has a hidden meaning?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

It is always a pleasure to see your perspective posted.

What do you predict it will happen OR what would you do if you had the right to decide?

Do you think this Ophid/Banes war is the developers testing something to apply to a bigger scale (factions or a real huge war) or do you think it has a hidden meaning?

I should clarify a bit....

By itself, the source material isn't an in-character reason for the conflict you mention.

Obviously, it could be a hint to their thinking, and they could develop RP reasons for a conflict around similar fiction.

As to what I think will happen?

I honestly haven't the slightest clue as to their thinking.

I hope they don't follow the fiction you cite though.

Firstly, on a personal note, I like the gargoyles, and I like Zhah. On GL Dawn and Zhah were getting along fine as played by the Event Moderators, hopefully they still can.

Secondly, unless they write it with extreme cleverness and knowledge of the background, it'll seem forced and contrived. And, though the most recent fiction was a vast improvement over what preceded it (the story with Minax's "big red smile"), I am not convinced they can pull off enough skill to make that outcome convincing.

But we shall see.

I honestly cannot predict much of what happens next. I do have a theory about the Bane, based on the fact that this arc is supposed to be about Magincia, but it's best that I don't voice it, as it could too-easily be wrong.

-Galen's player

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Hey Spill the beans!!!

and thank you for your reply...!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Bane = taking over Magincia, maybe? Perhaps rebuilding it?

I'm just happy I was able to get a set of arms without too much thrashing....

~M

EDIT: @Adam - what are 'hidden images' and why do they warrant post deletion? (see deleted post above this one)

angelababy

angelababy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Karma isn't a perfect determinant of what's good and what's evil in the game, but it's a good start and it's among the better determinants we have.while I was on Bane Chosen side and neither lose nor gain any karma for killing my fellow Bane Chosen recruits. But from that dialogue the Bane so far seems deliberately malicious, for malice's sake.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Bane = taking over Magincia, maybe? Perhaps rebuilding it?

I'm just happy I was able to get a set of arms without too much thrashing....

~M

EDIT: @Adam - what are 'hidden images' and why do they warrant post deletion? (see deleted post above this one)

THREE POINTS for you!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
I would argue that the Bane Chosen's appearance in Magincia pretty much solidifies their status as Evil. Please note that they fight alongside demons. I mean, come on, the encouraging us to attack the Meer really should have solidified it, but if that didn't? If there were enough people (understandably, I suppose) still bitter over the accidental plague in Yew? Then surely the occupation of Magincia island and fighting alongside demons should do it.

-Galen's player

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
there is no good or evil.... only power and those willing to use it!

personally i would like to see the council of mages annilihate Dawn and that pathetic group of nobles that is in her court, the spell reverted so Felucca is the one true facet again, and then the virtues wiped and made punishiable by death to even utter a word about them....

bt then thats just me :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Minaxian now?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Hell NO!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
hehe

good to know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

there is no good or evil.... only power and those willing to use it!

personally i would like to see the council of mages annilihate Dawn and that pathetic group of nobles that is in her court, the spell reverted so Felucca is the one true facet again, and then the virtues wiped and made punishiable by death to even utter a word about them....

bt then thats just me :D

The last official fiction I saw for CoM had them actually wanting to bring back The Avatar.

I guess that on Europa you've taken them in a different direction?

-Galen's player

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

The last official fiction I saw for CoM had them actually wanting to bring back The Avatar.

I guess that on Europa you've taken them in a different direction?

-Galen's player

heehee, yeah.... but the last time there was any official fiction was years ago.... things change as the crown has done nothing but make one screw up after another.... the placing of the crystal in the throne room on full display was the most stupid idea, and Yelena at least blames dawn for the past couple of invasions due to her stupidness... doesn't bother me... I have a couple of counts of high treason that yelena sees as honours

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]