Contest for the summer.

Here are some important days coming up...

• June 12 - Independence Day (Philippines)
  • June 14 - Flag Day (United States)
  • June 15-17 - E3 Expo (Los Angeles, CA
  • June 20 - Father's Day (United States)
  • June 25-27 LfG Expo (Looking for Group Expo, Minneapolis, MN)
  • July 21-25 - Comic-Con (San Diego, CA)
  • August 5-8 - SOE Fan Faire (Las Vegas, NV)
  • August 17-22 - SouthWest Washington Fair (Chehalis, WA)
  • September 3-5 - PAX Prime (Penny Arcade Expo, Seattle, WA)
  • September 6 - Labor Day (United States)
  • September 16 - Independence Day (Mexico)

...just saying. =)

They're nearly all American holidays, you have something for everyday of the year it seems!

unionjac.gifVery British! unionjac.gif

burns_cottage.jpg

0 May Corpus Christi2 June Coronation Day (1953)

3 June Commemoration of HM The Queen's Golden Jubilee (2002)

4 June Founders' Day (Eton)

5 June St. Bonniface

8 June Official Birthday of HM The Queen (2002)

9 June St. Colomba

10 June Birthday of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh (1921)

11 June St. Barnabas

13 June St. Anthony

14 June St. Basil

15 June Magna Carta Signed (1215)

16 June Fathers' Day (2002). Liberation Day (Falkand Isands)

18 June Battle of Waterloo (1815)

21 June Birthday of HRH Prince William (1982). Summer Solstice

22 June St. Alban.

24 June Midsummer Day. St. John The Baptist

29 June St. Peter & St. Paul

:D

I should point out, it needs to be a contest/event for all, not one country, or one state within a country

But with that said, it doesn't have to be a specific holiday/date, it can just be a themed contest for the summer

So what kinds of contests can we run for a summer theme? House decoration? (We tend to do those to much imo though heh)

a stampede race might be fun.

Just have everyone tame 5 cows each, go to Fel, have one or two 'leaders' who run ahead of everyone and the cows , all kill on the leaders, then a footrace through the herd of cows (its in fel so they'll impede movement)

okay thats not very summer-y, but what about a bagball tournament during the World Cup?

Is it ever an RP-ish, in-character contest?

If so, essay contest on Freedom and the Virtues?

Goes with Bastille Day, U.S. Independence Day, Mexican Independence Day, signing the Magna Carta, and other days being all within a few months of one another.

I have to admit that I've never paid any attention, far as I can recall, to your contests, so I don't know how relevant my suggestions are.

The other obvious theme, as someone else has also pointed out, is the season itself: Summer. The season of contradictions wherein some things grow and others wilt in the heat. Lots of potential essay topics in there.

But, again, I have no idea or recollection of what kind of thing you normally have.

-Galen's player

I think we need 2 contests in light of the comments so far as yes we forget while it is summer here in the UK it is of course different in other parts.

I think the garden design is a great idea,as we can have either summer or winter/autumn etc,and the bbq idea is good also.

Then for those who are not into designing,the essay idea is also good.

So it could be a joint Design /literacy contest to draw more people in

hopefully ?

I like the ideas so far,well done those who came up with them

Was thinking along the lines of a where is Waldo contest .... have in-game pictures with a clue about each location ... players must find the location and take a pic of themselves in game along with the coordinates & location information ... example ... Moonglow conservatory (Fel - facet if necessary) 100o 'N 55o 'S ... then post their findings (or submit by email to be posted by staff) ... could post one picture a day for 5 days ... and set a time limit for entry of each day location ... or a time limit to submit all location ... post traveling pics Monday - Friday ... deadline to submit itinerary Sunday midnight ...

Title ... Waldo's (Adams) UO Holiday ... vacationer map itinerary contest ...

Location clue:

Waldo/Adam (or whatever name for tourist/tripper) wants to reach the stars by visiting this strange directional creation ....

*that's it for now ... java juice time ...

Was thinking along the lines of a where is Waldo contest .... have in-game pictures with a clue about each location ... players must find the location and take a pic of themselves in game along with the coordinates & location information ... example ... Moonglow conservatory (Fel - facet if necessary) 100o 'N 55o 'S ... then post their findings (or submit by email to be posted by staff) ... could post one picture a day for 5 days ... and set a time limit for entry of each day location ... or a time limit to submit all location ... post traveling pics Monday - Friday ... deadline to submit itinerary Sunday midnight ...

Title ... Waldo's (Adams) UO Holiday ... vacationer map itinerary contest ...

Location clue:

Waldo/Adam (or whatever name for tourist/tripper) wants to reach the stars by visiting this strange directional creation ....

*that's it for now ... java juice time ...

LOVE this idea :)

Also vacations are big during the summer! So why not do a "what I did on my Summer Vacation" You find a beach or something in game set up a little area and take a screen shot of it and add little story! You can submit one a week, you can then have votes each week, and on the last day of summer, who ever got the most votes over all is the Grand Prize winner! Just a thought.

Also vacations are big during the summer! So why not do a "what I did on my Summer Vacation" You find a beach or something in game set up a little area and take a screen shot of it and add little story!

Nice idea as well :)

Vesper are banned from entering this one tho :P

• 1 year later...
Summer Theme?

UO House decoration. Best BBQ wins.

Quite!

When I say summer contest, I didn't mean celebrating a specific country's special holiday, I meant a summer themed contest for all to take part in.

There's little point in doing a contest geared towards a specific group, or country :P