Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

[NOOB HELP] New to this

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

ShadowMidnight

ShadowMidnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey, I'm sorry if I am being an ignorant or disrespecting something in this forum.
But I have some questions and I want to stay on this forum.

The problem is: I used to play this game, since...2003 I think. The shard/server where I played used to be full and it was lot of fun playing on it, but years passed and the server started to be more like a ghost server, only having 20....10 players playing it. SO I quit playing.

Today I decided to search about this game, and some news, and I found the UO Hearld, and this forum, I thought this was death too but I found some posts and some members online, so I decided to register.

What I want is to know if there is any new expansion of this game, and if there is shards/servers with lot's of people, or even "official" shards/servers.
If so, please tell me what can I do to play this game. By the way, I prefer Roleplaying..

Thanks for the help... Sorry for bad english, I'm portuguese and sorry for the inconvenience...

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
If you want to talk to someone in your own language, Pitr (another forum member) is also portuguese.

I assume you're talking about private servers....this forum is largely about the official EA servers. Most of the EA servers have quite a few playing them, usually you can find people in New Haven or Luna.

ShadowMidnight

ShadowMidnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The one I used to play was private...
But I want to play on official ones, could someone tell me what can I do to...?

Btw nice PS3 games :P

Leo Madsen

Leo Madsen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Welcome!

If you find your way to the official shards then Europa is one of the most populated roleplaying shards. Take a look at the Militia of Yew if you're interested!

Welcome to Stonekeep

You'd need to download the client and then set up an account with them
Utlima Online - Mondain's Legacy

ShadowMidnight

ShadowMidnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well thank you! I promise I'll think about it.
For now I just want information about what official shards are there and so.
Then I'll join one or more.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

Hey, I'm sorry if I am being an ignorant or disrespecting something in this forum.
But I have some questions and I want to stay on this forum.

The problem is: I used to play this game, since...2003 I think. The shard/server where I played used to be full and it was lot of fun playing on it, but years passed and the server started to be more like a ghost server, only having 20....10 players playing it. SO I quit playing.

Today I decided to search about this game, and some news, and I found the UO Hearld, and this forum, I thought this was death too but I found some posts and some members online, so I decided to register.

What I want is to know if there is any new expansion of this game, and if there is shards/servers with lot's of people, or even "official" shards/servers.
If so, please tell me what can I do to play this game. By the way, I prefer Roleplaying..

Thanks for the help... Sorry for bad english, I'm portuguese and sorry for the inconvenience...

Firstly ,ShadowMidnight , very warm welcome to UOForums,we are glad you found and registered with us.

Secondly ,I think your English is admirable considering Portuguese is your first language so well done there.

You can find a list of all the official UO shards by clicking here

When I played UO I played on Europa shard as it was rich in Roleplay.

As the game has changed and evolved over the years so have the playstyles,and there are not as many roleplayers these days.

Having said that ,what Leo Madsen said about Stonekeep is true,and they are a very active Roleplay guild.

Another great Roleplaying guild to join is Vesper. They interact and roleplay with the Stonekeep guilds often.

There forum can be found here

I am sure you will get more people who will try point you in the right direction, and as Leo posted Pitr is also Portuguese and will surely post a welcome to you .

I wish you a great time where ever you make your home,and please do not ever feel a nuisance to ask any questions you need an answer to.

The members here are vastly experienced and VERY helpful

~~~~

Here is a full list of UO expansions taken from Ultima Online-Wikipedia

" Expansions have been released regularly, all of which add new content in the form of landmass, art, quests, items, or game mechanics."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Bem vindo ao uoforums!

A vantagem dos jogos online é que, algures, existe alguém da mesma nacionalidade...

Podes enviar todas as perguntas por PM (private message)

Terei o maior prazer em ajudar.

Paulo Mendonça.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Escaflowne/Balgus

Escaflowne/Balgus

Ironclaw Commander of Minoc [:M:]

• Members
  • 5,561 posts
Hey there Shadow :) I am Escaflowne GM of the Roleplay Guild Vesper [-V-] on Europa.

Like Leo said, Europa has one of the biggest RP Communities in the game.

Vesper is always recruiting, if you want to check us out visit our forums here:
Vesper [-V-] - Ultimate Online Forums

if you wish to speak to me personally to find out more my ICQ is 136-016-357

Heres a little description of our guild too:

"Vesper, a morally neutral, shady port city filled with back alleys, waterways and trade. But with trade comes the lust for profit and with this lust comes corruption and crime. The city is a haven for many criminals and pirates, in which they may walk free from the strict laws of the Kingdom, find freedom and escape nobility which is a rare sight in Vesper. With few good and straight people, the hardened army fights to keep order and peace within the city. Many different types of people from a variety of cultures and races call Vesper their home not just for the fact that it’s a Free Republic built on the principles of freedom, fairness and family; but also for the fact that it’s a city of industry and one of the major ports in the lands in which hundreds of people sail in and out of daily. The city is also known for its magical side, providing grand facilities for it’s the many mages. These magi are free from forceful religions and being burnt as wytches as in Vesper you are free to belief in what you wish.

Vespers freedom was defined by its rebellion from the Kingdom, and the wars fought to maintain their independence. As time has rolled on since the liberation of Vesper, they seem to increasingly lean toward the teachings of Lord Blackthorne and his virtue of chaos which defends people’s individuality and freedom of belief."

J06K4AG.png

ShadowMidnight

ShadowMidnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks to all for your help :)
I'll do this by order of reply:

- Thank you so much for the information, I had no idea there were such recent expansions :o I'll keep those guild in mind :)

- Muito obrigado pela tua disponibilidade, acredita que enviarei PM's a pedir ajuda :P No shard onde eu jogava, Burstfire UO, haviam bastantes portugueses por acaso, fiz grandes amizades lá.

- Hey I felt something reading that description, I like it ;) it's kind of my style...

Oh and yes, I'll be an active member, believe that...this game gives me some good memories, and listening to that good old music from the intro...it's like going back to my 13's :D Thank you all for helping me :)

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Suggestion:
Bug Escaflowne in Icq and teamspeak 3.

You will be in very good hands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ShadowMidnight

ShadowMidnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Bug Escaflowne in Icq?

Uhm a question, do I need to buy an account or something?

Leo Madsen

Leo Madsen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Communicate and find new friends on ICQ

ICQ is an instant messaging service, it's what most people who play Ultima Online use.

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
All the Europa Roleplaying guilds contain a good bunch of people, I guess that's why Roleplay on Europa is great.

Remember to check out Cove too! (Click the banner in my sig).

I hope to see you in game!

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Sorry about that CheesePlant... I completely forgot about the Baronship and how you guys started a thrend... which led to alot of rp and many players having alot of fun.

My humble apologies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Drayden Calamyr

Drayden Calamyr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Atlantic has some of the longest staying and largest populations. I've played on Atlantic since '05 and I've never had a shortage of players. There's also a roleplaying community that's decently organized called the Atlantic Roleplaying Community, all of them are really good at helping newbs that want to get back in.
Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards :: Home
!DRW is part of the Atlantic Roleplaying Community.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]