Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Stratics: Reported attack page!

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Hope they can sort the mess.

Posted Image

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Likely a SQL injection attack.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Nice to see private staff forums posted on Uoforums. *Two thumbs up*

What do you mean? If you're referring to my original post with the "hi team" bit, that was actually posted in two public places.
UHall Off topic and the front page of Stratics.com.

Mapper

Mapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
Been told the Stratics forums are all clean, Might take a few hours for the browser warnings to stop however on Chrome for me they are already gone.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mapper - Egan - Tari Seregon - Aeldur
Europa News Manager on Stratics

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

Been told the Stratics forums are all clean, Might take a few hours for the browser warnings to stop however on Chrome for me they are already gone.

Afraid there not. Ive just tried logging in there and didnt know about this thread,and Ive just fled off the site after getting the red boxed warning :(

Very bad juju who ever has done this.

and OH MY DAYS @ Halifax !!!!!!!!! THATS my darn bank :o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mapper

Mapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
It's clean, but as I said, it will take a few hours for the warnings to go away.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mapper - Egan - Tari Seregon - Aeldur
Europa News Manager on Stratics

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Given how many people they've really pissed off over the years, some justly, some not, they should have been better prepared for this. Stuff like keeping your version of Apache, db, CMS and forums software up to date and being on dev mailing lists for new versions and patches is a no-brainer. Then again, if they hadn't taken(or checked!) a backup since Feb something like this was going to happen, just a matter of when. I'm sure the TGN guys are thinking wtf??

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Afraid there not.

The site can be clean and you will see see those warnings - they are generated from the Google webpage diagnostics, and until those decide that all is clear (which can take a little while, since quite sensibly they don't simply go 'it's clean today so it's perfectly safe now') the warnings will still pop up.

If you hit the 'why was this page blocked' message on the Google warning, you get to see what it was that had triggered the warnings in the first place, and when the site was last checked by Google - in this case,

"Of the 109 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-05-28, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-05-27."

So far, one clear check, once Google builds up a few more and convinces itself all is clear, the popup warning boxes will go away.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Bing doesnt do that, lol

Llewen

Llewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Well, they managed to piss off some smart sociopaths this week, and their site security is problematic.

Cyric

Cyric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Well, they managed to piss off some smart sociopaths this week, and their site security is problematic.

I dont think it was anyone that they pissed off.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Given the people Llewen is speaking about and their other actions since they were offended.

I wouldn't put it past them at all.
Posted Image

Cyric

Cyric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am one of them. It isnt us.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I wonder how EA/Mythic is feeling about their favorite fansite infecting their paying customers, kinda embarassing at the very least.

Llewen

Llewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

I dont think it was anyone that they pissed off.

I am one of them. It isnt us.

Well, seems a rather large coincidence that the week the **** hits the fan over the closure of OTNHB, Stratics' forums get hacked. But you may be right, it might have just been the perfect storm and an all round bad week for Stratics. I know I have attacks on my tiny, insignificant clan site every day, so they just come with the territory when you are hosting a website.

Cyric

Cyric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Well, seems a rather large coincidence that the week the **** hits the fan over the closure of OTNHB, Stratics' forums get hacked. But you may be right, it might have just been the perfect storm and an all round bad week for Stratics. I know I have attacks on my tiny, insignificant clan site every day, so they just come with the territory when you are hosting a website.

Trust me I know the timing looks bad. TBH its prolly easier to blame it on us. Yeah we spamed UHall and made them lock down all forums to be moderated for any post, but thats about as far as we went.
We are laughing about the timing.

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Bing doesnt do that, lol

Well no, it wouldn't - and neither will Google, if you are just using their search engine. :)

However, Google also do some other stuff, like their web analysis tools, which is what is picking up this problem, and you need to have your web browser set to security options that include using Google analytics to get the warning.....

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Strangely similar to when we started to take over Felucca from some players... and then the suits started to fall due to some weird coincidence... and finally the devs added a new insurance system...

Some people will do anything to defend the status quo.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

The site can be clean and you will see see those warnings - they are generated from the Google webpage diagnostics, and until those decide that all is clear (which can take a little while, since quite sensibly they don't simply go 'it's clean today so it's perfectly safe now') the warnings will still pop up.

Im not trying to access UOHall from Google.I am linking to it from Stratics main page.Does that make any difference ?

If you hit the 'why was this page blocked' message on the Google warning, you get to see what it was that had triggered the warnings in the first place, and when the site was last checked by Google - in this case,

"Of the 109 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-05-28, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-05-27."

So far, one clear check, once Google builds up a few more and convinces itself all is clear, the popup warning boxes will go away.

That makes sense.TY for explaining :)

Well its now 17.00pm in UK and 6 hrs since I tried to use Stratics but there has been no change :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guido

Guido

Ultima Franchise Managing Editor and Site Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,005 posts

Im not trying to access UOHall from Google.I am linking to it from Stratics main page.Does that make any difference ?

That makes sense.TY for explaining :)

Well its now 17.00pm in UK and 6 hrs since I tried to use Stratics but there has been no change :(

Both Firefox and (I'm presuming since it's the same reaction) Chrome have integrated the diagnostics from Google as sort of a primary level of safe surfing. The option, at least in Firefox, can be turned off, although nobody in their right mind would recommend doing it.

Esse Quam Videri
Out on the road today I saw a Black Flag Sticker on a Cadillac...

fs_pc.png