Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Request - Paladin for soloing?

4 replies to this topic

Alain

Alain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Self explanatory i guess :)
A good template for putting a Paladin together that can hunt some nice stuff alone. I've played for a long time, but i've been mostly RP'ing, and lately my girlfriend and I have been playing the game quite alot, hunting around. I have a swordsman with chivalry currently (115 swords) but not sure what else to take, and which skills specifically to use.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Paladins, played the proper role played way (i.e. no necromancy) can kill some pretty big things, but their talents stop at the top end of the game.
So a template which includes:
115 swords
100 tactics
100 healing
100 anatomy
115 parry
85 chivalry
85 focus
In a 700 point template can kill some awfully big things, including some of the prime hunting grounds like Miasma or Thrasher. The trick is to get the right weapons to go with your gear.

For example, if you use an arachnid slayer sword with no other properties, Miasma will use its mortal strike against you and you'll end up dead-in-a-hurry, but if you change arachnid to scorpion slayer, add in swing speed increase and life leech, you would do fairly decently against Miasma, with only a few "run away" times when remove curse or cleanse by fire get interrupted (fast cast 4 helps a lot there too!).

My favorite non-necromancy solo template is the bushido-paladin with:
115 swords
100 parry
115 bushido
100 tactics
100 healing
100 anatomy
70 chivalry(on a 700 skill point template, extra skill points are for parry)

This gives you the great bushido abilities of extra damage from perfection, confidence, counter attack and the best of all, lightning strike. This template can kill a lot more than the "pure" paladin template and doesn't compromise the paladin role-play image.

For ultimate power, take the previous template and replace either parry or healing with 100 points in necromancy and use vampire form. There is literally nothing in game that you can't kill alone with that template. (I had thought the Slasher of Veils or Stygian Dragon weren't really possible, but I've recently been proven wrong... I haven't killed them myself alone, so can't verify that 100%). But with necromancy and chivalry, you wind up in a role-played bind, as they're usually seen to work against each other.
Posted Image

Alain

Alain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Many thanks! :)=
I'll probably go for the last one, i like being able to kill big thingies, hehe =)
Just the equipment next, but that should come around once i get hunting i suppose.

Tfactor

Tfactor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
For your "Ultimate" suggestion with chivalry and necro. What would you recommend for stats?

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
http://www.uoforums....36-sampire.html
Posted Image

Reply to this topic