Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What to craft w/ tailor...

- - - - - craft tailor w or

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I have a few barbed runic kits I am going to burn through but want to know which material to use and what difference will a talisman will make int he items I am going to craft.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Talisman will let you have a better chance of making exceptional armor (if it's on the talisman) which will give you a few resists.

Material all depends on what you are looking for, for max resists, use barbed, for higher fire resist, use horned, for (40) extra luck use spined.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
k thx for the tip. Dammit, but I keep hearing for every one good thing you will probably get 14 peices of junk....lol....

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Yep, that is the case unfortunately :)

That's why really good barbed armor can cost a fortune to get, because more than likely someone burned many kits to get that one nice piece.

I would avoid making chest armor, because most players just wear the rune beetle carapace and focus on building barbed gear around that piece. I would stick with legs, sleeves, gorgets, and maybe gloves. The head and chest areas already have solid choices, like armor of fortune, rune beetle, spirit of the totem, hat of magi, and such that people mostly avoid wearing barbed gear on their heads and chests.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Also if it is a difficult piece to make (samurai gear comes to mind) then a talisman will help there too (with regular crafting bonus).

I agree with Mercenary too, stick with sleeves, legs, gorgets and possibly gloves. If your going to make armor specifically for a character that will never use Meditation then you can make studded stuff, but generally just stick with regular "leather armor" so it won't effect anyone with Meditation.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Oh yea, forgot to mention, the talisman's can go up to 30% in chance for bonuses and exceptional. So if you find any talisman with a 25 or higher chance get it! It does in fact help a lot, it's actually really noticeable as well.

If you can't afford the barbed kits, horned kits can lead to awesome armor as well. So much so that two of my characters are wearing more horned gear than barbed. It is just random, but just because barbed seems to be better, doesn't mean horned can't be good either :)

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Is it worth enhancing woodland armor and what do you use to enhance it?

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
If the piece is solid, it is worth enhancing. You enhance them with carpentry, and a runic dovetail saw. You can get some AMAZING gear. I'm wearing some ridiculous woodland leggings on my pvper that was upgraded with bloodwood.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
No need to use a runic when enhancing.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I am a firm believer and very vocal advocate for woodland armor here! I have in my possesion 3 pieces with over 70 resists on them, sold 1 with 80(for 12 mil) and have several more REALLY nice pieces that just dont fit. I have a friend that is EXTREMELY lucky when it comes to enhancing with his carpenter. I am the lucky one on leather, so he and others come to me for leather.

I have burned 5 Barbed kits in my time. My crafter was never over 115 tailoring at the time (I think hes 117+ right now, just never remember to work on him, shoulda 120ed him prob 6 months ago) I have a 26/25 tali, and wear it just for an added extra punch, although I imagine I am already maxxed out on 100% exc chances, and have gotten atleast 50 out of the 75 uses turn up really nice pieces. I give alot of it away to guildmates and new pvpers that aren't fully suited up yet, so alot of the stuff is gone. I have heard of people who get 15 crappy pieces and then there are the 2-5 good piece folks, then I have heard of others like me where they make 7-10 good pieces every time. The stuff that I wouldnt consider "great" for pvp purposes still is decent stuff. I mean it has 3-4 nice mods on it, but resists are all low, which would work on say a tamer or bard. My tamer is suited up with a nice LRC resist suit from them.

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Thx for all the crafting tips. Damn, now I have to train carpentry. All this info was very helpful. Thx again guys.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: craft, tailor, w or