Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

No Faction Forum?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Lord Strahd

Lord Strahd

Grandmaster Templar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I know that there is a pvp forum, however factions are a specific system within the PvP system. It basicaly a version of PvP, just like the flag system where murderers can be flagged red for killing innocents. Or guild wars system where everything is assumed consentual.

This system is plot driven with story archs and keeps getting updated. So I assume it should be the major story line conflicts going on. However it seems to hardly get promoted, discussed, updated enough or used.

----edit wanted to add some more thoughts here------

At the very least shouldnt there be sub forums in the PvP area? How about....

PvP General
Faction Wars ...TB / SL / Min / CoM...Faction Story Arch
Guild wars...
Leader Boards Discussion

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Nay, there's little activity in the PVP forum as it is, adding more subforums for specific areas of PVP would make it even more inactive, imo.

Lord Strahd

Lord Strahd

Grandmaster Templar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Maybe its because there isnt a focus for something to talk about?

If you want feedback or specific conversation sometimes separating those specifics can draw attention or encourage those talks.

So while you make it sound as if " We dont have any chatter so people must not be interested" I see it as " Maybe if we had better promotion or facilitation it may spark intrest for people to get involved"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
Personally, I think its got more to do with the type of player who uses UOF. Faction PVPers are generally the more 'hardcore gamer' types, while UOF tends to have more of a casual-gamer userbase whose UO activity is generally confined to RP and PVM, rather than PVP (although of course there are some exceptions). Its the 'other site' (the evil one) that attracts that crowd.

.... also, this thread should be moved down to the UOF Support section.

*burns incense for the UOF hivemind*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Lord Strahd

Lord Strahd

Grandmaster Templar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Dont stereo type Hardcore gamers with Factions. Im a roleplayer and I love story archs and I like pvp, especialy when it has some meaning behind it. I see alot of "hardcore gamers" come to roleplay and HoCs especialy when its open invitations. People are people.

How can this system be anything more or change if you try to shoot down any notion that its a viable system that should be worked with or get attention.

This is major code in the game it has had some thought put into it in the past. It follows at least loosely the history. It seems to be getting some updating and changes coming up with the new patches... IE: i hear there are only going to be 3 factions?

As it stands Factions is all but dead, at least on Chessy, so you have two choices. Let it die or try and revive it. And if your going to the trouble of updating and changing it in future patches, it seems like you wouldnt want to let it die out completely. Or maybe your wasting your time with that too? Ever think about it from that view point?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Typically, subforums are based on demand. If a few more people ask about it, or respond that they would use such a forum, it could be added. Currently, the lack of a factions forum probably stems from how factions arent discussed much here, even on the PvP forum.

Get some more people to ask for one, and it might appear :)

Lord Strahd

Lord Strahd

Grandmaster Templar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

.... also, this thread should be moved down to the UOF Support section.

Posted by Belanos

That forum says "not game related questions".

This is just a smaller point... but factions are very much a part of the game. I also would like to point out this is a suggestion forum and im making a suggestion.

The forum you refered to would be better suited for problems I had with existing forums and need support?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lord Strahd

Lord Strahd

Grandmaster Templar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Typically, subforums are based on demand. If a few more people ask about it, or respond that they would use such a forum, it could be added. Currently, the lack of a factions forum probably stems from how factions arent discussed much here, even on the PvP forum.

posted by Corvak

I already stated before and without going in to many circles...Asking for an extra forum because it has to much conversation going on seems alittle self defeating. I would think that adding a forum to generate conversation would be a better coarse of action, now it realy comes down to

*IS THIS SUBJECT WORTH PROMOTION OR TRYING TO SPARK INTREST*

If the answer is yes then lets get cracking. If it happens to be no, then why even bother updating the system. Just let it die out completly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Why not wait until EAMythic gets done with the faction overhaul before you add the subforum? I have no idea on the eta of that, but I do recall that they have been test the 3 new bases for the factions.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Lord Strahd

Lord Strahd

Grandmaster Templar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Why not wait until EAMythic gets done with the faction overhaul before you add the subforum? I have no idea on the eta of that, but I do recall that they have been test the 3 new bases for the factions

posted by warsong

I guess imput or conversation about the subject before it is implemented would get in the way? Get in the way of what? Im not sure I understand this line of thinking....

Could someone clear that up for me?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Belanos

Belanos

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

I guess imput or conversation about the subject before it is implemented would get in the way? Get in the way of what? Im not sure I understand this line of thinking....

Could someone clear that up for me?

Unfortunately, EA doesn't care what we lowly UOF-users think. A fact that they've made very clear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lord Strahd

Lord Strahd

Grandmaster Templar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
So your saying that Developers dont get involved with people who pay to play this game?

Then I have to ask the question now...

What is the premise of this specific forum? If its somekind of sick joke ....im not laughing. Your pretty much shooting down the whole credibility of this place by making that comment.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Belanos

Belanos

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

So your saying that Developers dont get involved with people who pay to play this game?

Then I have to ask the question now...

What is the premise of this specific forum? If its somekind of sick joke ....im not laughing. Your pretty much shooting down the whole credibility of this place by making that comment.

Its an unfortunate fact. EA is extremely biased when it comes to their fansites, and there is exactly one site that they pay attention to. And much as I hate to say it, this isn't it.
Although I will say that this site without a doubt has the best community of any UO fansite.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lord Strahd

Lord Strahd

Grandmaster Templar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Very well then could you please mention the site that they pay attention too? And another suggestion while im here. I suggest shutting this suggestion forum down as it serves no other purpose other than a wish catelog apparently.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Here you go: UHall - Stratics Forums

that is the site they answer. As to my point, they are completely overhauling factions, why set up a subforum to talk about something that we know little to nothing about. Only thing known for sure is that there will only be 3 factions and none of the bases are going to be in town.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Unfortunately, EA doesn't care what we lowly UOF-users think. A fact that they've made very clear.

Sorry to disagree... everytime I contact them on these boards... I do get an answer. =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
They do visit, on occasion, mostly as guests though and if they are signed in, it's just to read and not reply.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Now I feel special... :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]