Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

PVP warrior template

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

zenchuks

zenchuks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Hello guys.

I`m making this post because i`m not sure for anything now. I have already 2 characters ( in total 5 day game play ) and bought fail.

After leaving first character i found that i have wrong stats
After leaving second character i found that i have wrong skills.

So in case to avoid it i`m asking for your help, i need good solo pvp warrior template.

I`m not rich, i do not play 4 years so please count it in means i do not have any scrolls or bonuses.

Please give me correct stats, skills & maybe some info about what gear i should use and weapons and what race i should play.

p.s. i found few pvp warrior template on google, but they are so different and a time has past, newest one what i found was 3 years ago, so i want to update it )

zenchuks

zenchuks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
this forum is dead)

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
forum not dead, it just that many players here do not pvp much.

You can adjust your stats by point one down and raising the others.

It really depends on what type of pvp character you want to play.

melee type - weapon based
mage type - magic caster
archer type - bow weapons
hybrid type - mix and matching of various skills of previous types listed, it can get complicated.

Also since you just started out, you are going to be at a great disadvantage since you have little to no gold to build a good suit that compliments your chosen play style. So you are going to lose most of your pvp fights. You need to find a guild that excepts new players and trains them in pvp fighting and how to work with other players.

a basic warrior template would be:
90 Strength, 35 Mana, 100 Dex/Stamina

basic skills would be:
100 weapon skill (swords, fencing, mace, etc)
100 Healing - so you can use bandages
100 Anatomy - boost to healing
100 Tactics - boost to damage
100 Focus - helps regenerate your mana/stamina
100 Magic Resist
100 Chivarly - minor heal spell, remove posion/curse and travel spell (though you do not need this skill this high)

Also you want to be a suit that gives you all 70s in your resists, if you can find, buy, beg pieces that also boost your str/dex/mana that is good too.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

zenchuks

zenchuks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanx. I didnt mean so bad, about forum is dead, it`s just because i lost my patient i wanted to faster make character.

Anyway i`m sure there should be more different builds.
Share your expirence

zenchuks

zenchuks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

forum not dead, it just that many players here do not pvp much.

You can adjust your stats by point one down and raising the others.

It really depends on what type of pvp character you want to play.

melee type - weapon based
mage type - magic caster
archer type - bow weapons
hybrid type - mix and matching of various skills of previous types listed, it can get complicated.

Also since you just started out, you are going to be at a great disadvantage since you have little to no gold to build a good suit that compliments your chosen play style. So you are going to lose most of your pvp fights. You need to find a guild that excepts new players and trains them in pvp fighting and how to work with other players.

a basic warrior template would be:
90 Strength, 35 Mana, 100 Dex/Stamina

basic skills would be:
100 weapon skill (swords, fencing, mace, etc)
100 Healing - so you can use bandages
100 Anatomy - boost to healing
100 Tactics - boost to damage
100 Focus - helps regenerate your mana/stamina
100 Magic Resist
100 Chivarly - minor heal spell, remove posion/curse and travel spell (though you do not need this skill this high)

Also you want to be a suit that gives you all 70s in your resists, if you can find, buy, beg pieces that also boost your str/dex/mana that is good too.

no parry ?

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
it all depends on you, I just sugggested a starter template, you have to decide if it will work for you or if you want to add and subtract from there. This headache of deciding what to squeeze onto your character is why UO has lasted for nearly 13 years, there is no correct answer. Some people swear by parry, others do not.

okay I will fit parry in:

100 Weapon skill
100 healing
100 anatomy
100 tactics
100 magic resist
100 parry
55 chivarly at this level, you will sometimes fail on some spells
45 focus some boost to mana/stamina regeneration not much though

You are still going to get beat most of the time, because you lack a good suit and no maximum stats and 20 less skill points than a 4 year player. Might I suggest you kill monsters, save up gold buy a good suit, try to find a guild to join and find one that pvps.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
For your final objective (gold permitting), you could try these:
120 swords (115 is good, 110 isn't)
120 bushido (110 is good, less isn't)
120 parry (100 is actually good, contrary to popular belief)
100 tactics
90 healing
90 anatomy
60 chivalry or meditation (700 point total)

Stats: 100 strength, 100 dex, the rest in intelligence.

Your primary weapons will be bokuto, bardiche, and butcher's knife. PvP warrior relies on your ability to use special moves, so pick your weapon based on that.

With proper use of bushido specials, this is a tough one to beat as another type of warrior (including archer).

Template idea #2:
100 or more ninjitsu
100 hiding
80 stealth (more is better)
110 or more fencing
100 tactics
100 healing
100 anatomy

This is actually a good starter's template, as this one is VERY hard to kill, even if you have less than ideal weapons/armor. But it's also hard to kill people with it... which will make you more of an opportunistic killer. I can count the number of times a ninja warrior template has killed my archer outside of reskill with one finger. On the other hand, as a ninja, I had significantly higher rate of success with killing others. But I had an odd template which is better reserved for "advanced" play (see the bushido ninja tempate in my ninja template thread in the skills section here). I stopped playing that character because it wasn't my style.
Posted Image

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Honestly, I would suggest starting with a faction stealth archer. You can pop shot for points while you train another character. You can then use these points to buy armor for cheap silver instead of spending millions of gold.

Also, while you play a stealth archer you can see what everyone is running and get an idea of something else you would like to build on.

Most people start off with parry warriors. Just promise me you will eventually move on and play a more advanced template. You can die easier playing a mage, but in the field a group of mages with adequate cross healing can be unstoppable.

A good template I've seen work well is a fencing archer.

Honestly though, probably need to join a guild to help you get started. Would be the easiest. Especially a guild that has some imbuers!

What shard you on?

zenchuks

zenchuks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks for offer.
I`m playing on Europa shard and i have already guild, just today joined.

p.s.the idea with steath archery is very nice, but it`s too late for me. I`m already on half way and wont move back!

I really like that idea to make warrior with bushido.

Someone offered me instead of 90 healing make a 100necro. But this work only with good stuff.

zenchuks

zenchuks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
I`m playing now with:

120 swords (115 is good, 110 isn't)
120 bushido (110 is good, less isn't)
120 parry (100 is actually good, contrary to popular belief)
100 tactics
90 healing
90 anatomy
60 chivalry or meditation (700 point total)

almoste 520 skill points, 200 stats and yea very powerfull template.

I want to know bonuses of this template and what is minus. So far by my self i found that 60 chivalry is very annoying, i`m usually doing rotation with "Consecrate weapon & Divine Fury" and of course "Enemy of one"

It`s hard for m to cast "Enemy of one"
"Divine Fury" is going well average = 2.5 tries.
"Consecrate weapon" is good.

I can not trust at healing with "close wounds" because if it fails, i`m dead.

I have very very slow mana and hit point regen, but i have "Soul Seeker" what is imba. I`m wondering what stuff should i buy? Mana, hit points? Regen. What can u offer?

Posted Image

P.S. i`m now at "Troglodyte dungeon" and it`s very hard but i can manage it, died 2 times, so what should i improve to be better?

Lady Riley

Lady Riley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I was looking at your warrior template and i will say this much. Its perfect with the three 120's Parry,Bushido and swords are awesome together for pvm. Now with Chiv being so low your going to have a hard time using the one or two spells that really make a difference in pvm. EEO is and CC weapon for max dammage with your repond Soul Seeker is perfect for this. Next and this is probaly the one most important thing for a bushido holder in pvm..Honor..if you can set up a macro to involke virtue Honor and target your mob before you do dammage to it and are in a clear path to the target. You will notice a whole new outlook on things when the foe has fallen. Confidence when your health is going down and you got that bandage working away. Stamina is soo important to have at max all the time. if your not swinging at max swing rate because your stamina is down low then your going to take hits more it seems. HCI is another on your ring and bracelet try to get the highest hci and dci you can. Other things you will want to look for when your shopping for rings and bracelets are di and possably a chiv bump to get that EEO off. Also i see your stats are at 225 this can be a problem when mana and stamina are needed badly, look for stat scrolls that can help you +5's 10's are not soo expencive if your looting them trogs. I hope this helps some and i know DCI and HCI are important. even with parry,bushido and swords at 115 you will stay alive in the trog cave for many hours..even longer if your getting honor off on them one at a time. Getting this same template to work in PVP is a totaly diffrent task but not impossable to do either.

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
The Troglodyte Dungeon is called Painted Caves.

Your dexterity needs to continue to go up; keep training. In Painted Caves, stay close to the entrance at first so that the Troglodytes don't gang up. 2 spawn on the left side, 2 spawn on the right side and bad things spawn in the center rear area. I suggest that you stand only where the two spawn and that no others see you. Stay close to the front left side (along the south wall) so that only 2 see you and approach you.
Don't let yourself get overwelmed.

Look for armor that gives you all 70s resists (65+ is okay), night sight, hit point regeneration and stamina regeneration. 2-3 points of regeneration (stamina and hit point) should be sufficient.

Clex