Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Poisoning Skill

- - - - - poisoning skill

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I am currently working poisoning up to 80 for the chance for lethal poisoning. Is it worth the time for a PvP character and is there any benefit of working it to GM?

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Higher chance of raising the poison level and it's a skill to think about depending on your game and pvp style.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I really do not have much of a style since i am new to PvP...right now my style is dying and feeding the coffers of other people w/ my insurance money...lol... Just thought it went hand in hand. Also, does poisoning skill effect dark glow or parasitic poison?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
those poisons are equal to dp, so they will work at that level. I am in the process also of working up poisoning, it has gone slow and is very pricey. Luckily all I've had to buy was the nightshade, and a buddy made the kegs. I had tons of kegs to use. I would reccomend only doing 80 poisoning if youre gonna have 120 weapon skill, or 120 magery, other than that you will want to raise it higher.

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Thx for the info. How does poisoning effect a mage or a necro when they poison someone?

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
for a mage it upgrades poison fields, not sure about the necro.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
It also bumps effectiveness of the Poison spell.

Does damage depending on the formula ((Magery + Poisoning) / 2):
Less than 65.1 : Level 1 poison
65.1 to 85 : Level 2 poison
85.1 to 99.9 : Level 3 poison
100 and higher : Level 4 poisoning

Id assume this holds true for the Poison Strike necro spell too, but I didnt see anyhting factual on that...

Posted Image

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
THX for the info. Aprreciate it. Is is even good in PvP anymore. I talk to some they say no and some say yes. It seems really split although theyhate the fact that mages seem to cure being poioned easily as well as a GM healer or above.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
"Arch-Cure" will always cure poison regardless of its level. I forgot what publish brought that change around.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Well, to me poisoning is just another way to interrupt someone from healing themselves. If you do get it strong enough to do lvl 4, which would mean you have to have 80 poison then either 120 mage/weapon skill, cause the total skill points invovled has to be 200+ in order to achieve that level of poisoning, then it is worth getting. You hit someone enough with poison, it does get effective.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Yep, interrupting is important when you are fighting someone who may end up OoOOoooOOing you..Now harm spamming in a duel is crap, but on the field, interrupting is key. Poisoning, bleeding, mortaling, Holy Lighting/Withering. Those are things you want to be able to do.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
any way to keep opponent from healing is key...poison is simply one of those ways...
also there are some nice weapons that have infect and disarm (butcher knife!( and disarm is also key vs evade gimps.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
it also helps when you can disarm a 4/6 chiv and screw up their timing...that will make em change their tactics up a bit

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
K guys thx. So, if I have 120 w/ wep and 80 poison I wil lethal poison every time I assume. Also wondering, someguys use a low level poisoning so they have more hits since they are doing just what you said using it to interrupt heals. Does anyone else do this? I think I should hit w/ the high level even if it does only a little more damage since that could mean the difference in lfe or death.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
yah, some may use a lower level poison to get more uses on a weapon. Like my swdsman doesnt use DP on his cleavers or kryss's cause he doesnt have poisoining, but its on there for the special to be able to be used. My nox/macer will be using DP cause of the 200 total points, and for serious disruption.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
at 120 weap/80 poison you should (according to stratics) do level 5 (lethal) 4 times out of time...or 80%.
its not quite every time, but i have 120/80 on my guy and its plenty effective.
maybee at gm it would be every time, dont know...but I do fine w/ 80
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
woot! Just hit 80 last night. This has taken FOREVER for me. I havent been able to work on it as hard as I wanted, with the baby taking alot of my time away from the game, but its done finally!! Thank god. This skill sucked to build. The only skill I have had take longer was ninjitsu...

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Congrats Bo! I'm still working mine, which is sitting at 73.1 and only taking daily gains (with 2 a day occasionally).

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I worked it pretty agressively for about 2 weeks, but was going through kegs left and right. Then I slowed down to close to 2 or 3 times a day since I only had about 400 points on the char, I was still gaining every few hours

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
poisoning fish ftw

only took me like 3 days
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poisoning, skill