Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

transfer between chars?

- - - - - chars transfer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

XanderK111

XanderK111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well EA finally fixed my account, and im going through things and im wondering how do you transfer things between characters on your account? I'd like to give stuff from my old char over to my new one that im using to learn the game.

Thanks for anyhelp, I forgot how intimidating this game is.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

uothief.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Most people use houses.

I remember transfering items as a new player when there was still a housing market and I was poor.

Used to hide things in a bag behind a tree and log off and on as fast as possible. A couple times the bag got picked off.

Every once in a while I see someone doing the same thing in Luna in one of the cabinets in the inn upstairs.

It would probably be easier to go to a empty city and do it.

Arjuna

Arjuna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Remember never ever to use the containers or bags in public areas unless the containers or bags are in your pack when you put stuff in and out of them.

Otherwise everyone on the screen will see the animation of you putting stuff in and out and will know what you're doing.

I highly advise against what I used to do as a newbie which was putting stuff under a tree and switching chars as quickly as possible at an in--because usually it IS visible to someone without you realizing it.

Best way is house.

Second best way is someone you really, really trust.

Cybercossack

Cybercossack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
if you do the bag switch just do it in an isolated part of a city; there are certain places even in britain that are rarely frequented by players

Tovladian Soltyr

Tovladian Soltyr

Timeless Treasures Co-Owner

• Members
  • 1,521 posts
Yeah back b4 I got my house I would just go to one of the deadest city Inns and do it there.

First I would get on the char that needed the items and go park them at the Inn I was going to use and log them out. Then I would get on the character that has the items right now and put them all into a bag and make it to the Inn right where the other is logged out. Set the items on the ground and quickly change over and pick the bag up. While I was doing that b4 I had my house I didn't have a mishap of items being tacken but I don't risk it now that I have a house lol.
Posted Image
Timeless Treasures Auctions on Legends Grand Re-Opening to be announced - Contact me for more info

XanderK111

XanderK111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Wow, I didnt think the methods where so risky. How much does a house go for anyway? my old char seems to have a fair bit of gold, it could be enough for a small home. I live on the Chesapeak shard

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chars, transfer