Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Skill bonuses?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Malicus Von Sinis

Malicus Von Sinis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm trying to find somewhere to tell me what bonus you get at which level for each skill. For instance, I want to know what the benefit of having Legendary Archery would be, as opposed to just GM. Is there anywhere that will break this down for me?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
There's no "bonus" per se, just a higher chance to hit your target.

Without taking into account Hit Chance Increase or Defense Chance Increase, you always have a 50% chance to hit someone else who is at the same skill level as yourself(and vice versa)

If you have 100 and they have 120, they have a 58% chance to hit you, while you only have a 43% chance to hit them.

Of course, in "real world" conditions, things like armor and other item effects come into play, as well as other skills, like Parrying or Bushido moves, not to mention they may have a lot of skill/item bonuses tied up in hit chance and less into damage.

Malicus Von Sinis

Malicus Von Sinis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I guess Archery wasn't a good example. You know how lumberjacking gives you a damage bonus at gm. Basically what I'm looking for is a way to measure the advantage of taking a skill from GM to Legendary and decide which ones are worth it. Where can I find that information?

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
your damage is a combination of factors, for example for a melee character it is based on your weapon skill, tactics, anatomy, any talismans you might be where so you total damage will very depending on what you skill levels are at for your combination of skills on your character. it also depends on what weapon you are using and if you are pvming is the weapon a slayer type which can grant it double or triple damage.

this link might help:

UO Stratics - PvM Melee Damage Calculator
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Before investing hundreds of hours in skill training or millions of gold in armor/weps/jewelry you can always hop on Test Center and try it all out for free in a matter of minutes.