Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Checking price on 2 things

- - - - - checking price things

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

hosstang

hosstang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I have a deed for a castle, not a mini house deed, an actual house deed...as well as a spellbook with more than 64 spells. I just returned to the game after a 3 year vacation, I remember spellbooks like this but I am not sure if they are illegal. I found both from an IDOC across the street 3 weeks after I came back. Would like just a basic value, and also to know if the spellbook is legal. They are on Baja if that effects the pricing. Here is a pic of the deed for clarification, I also hope this is in the correct forum (first post from a lurker)
Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
To a collector, that castle deed is going to be worth A LOT. Consider this. A castle, when bought back in the day like this, was worth 5 million. I would assume it is worth atleast 5 times that now, to the right person. Those house deeds are so rare now, especially a castle one (due to the fact that back then when purchasing castle deeds cost 5 mill, people usually used them. Not many people had 5 mill to throw around like this back then.), that there is no standard price. This is just a guess, but you may have an item there that only a few people in all of the shards put together have. You could fetch a very nice price.

The spellbook is one of those things that I personally have never seen before, so I can not give you a solid price on that. I would assume it's a bugged item, and therefore extremely rare. If you need the gold, sell it, but I would keep it. You may be one of the only people to have one.

edit: forgot. I would ballpark that castle deed atleast 25, to as much as 50, maybe more, depending on how rich of a collector you can find on baja. The spellbook is a glitched item, which in turn could fetch an insanely high price. I would refrain from selling that item out in the public, because it is a glitched item, and if reported to a GM, they do have the right to delete it without any compensation to you. I've had this done to me a long time ago, with the only explanation being that I had an item that didn't belong in the game, therefore it was deleted.

sorry one more edit. Just for note. These items are ONLY valueable to the right person. To the regular joe, such as myself, they aren't worth anything. You have to just find the right buyer, and take what you believe to be just compensation for the item, since there is no standard price on rares such as these.

Flames

Flames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Merc, you are so smart :grin:

And umh... that is the most painful avatar... yikes... but I can't help but stare at it...
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
A major Factor to take in consideration when pricing the castle deed is that it may not be xshardable. It's truly a rare find.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Not xshardable = valuable yes I agree

Really? You can't xshard it? cool

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

All legacy “house deeds” will be converted into house placement tools.

Character Transfers

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hosstang

hosstang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I appreciate all the info on this stuff, guess the spellbook will stay sitting in a chest ;)

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

All legacy “house deeds” will be converted into house placement tools.

Character Transfers

*is drinking and is also confused (sorry)*

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
no problem, dont spell your drink. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
I spell it *Jagermeister*

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Also I spell it *mining atm don't need to spell*

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Now spell your drink backwards. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
sbmobregaj

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
damin is still sober :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
yep

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
I think what it is saying is that if you do happen to transfer a "house deed" it will convert into a house placement tool on the shard you are transferring it to. So yes, this "castle deed" is non-transferrable, in that sense.

hosstang

hosstang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
here's a pic of the spellbook too...just for the curious
Posted Image

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
121 wtf.

hosstang

hosstang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

121 wtf.

yeah, inside the levels go up to 15, and some the spells are instant death, kill everything on the screen, loot before death, etc...(I only wish, I'm too afraid to open it and have it convert to a 64 spell spellbook)

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
I would hold onto that, if any GM sees that, it's going to go poof so fast you won't know what hit ya.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: checking, price, things