Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

My First Character: Archer! Any suggestions/changes?!

- - - - - archer character suggestions or changes

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Citan Uzuki

Citan Uzuki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Heres my first character: Bush/Chiv Archer, works very well right now(has a nice hiryu companion too). I sit back with enemy of one and lightning strikes so my arrow always flies straight! I kinda split my skills funny, anyone have any suggestions to make it better?

100 arch
100 tact
100 Ana
67 heal
100 MagRes
68 Focus
90 Bush
75 Chiv

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
well, what are you doing with 67 healing? =/

drop focus and get a good stam suit :)

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Citan Uzuki

Citan Uzuki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I was thinking about dropping focus, its just that I use Lightning strike every attack, and some chiv skills, afraid ill be out of mana all the time. You think droping focus wont hurt that much?

Something like this?

100 arch
100 tact
100 Ana
100 heal
100 MagRes
35 Focus
90 Bush
75 Chiv

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
if u use a med armour u can get medition instead

Join Cove!

Citan Uzuki

Citan Uzuki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

if u use a med armour u can get medition instead

Ill look into that, thanks.

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
I'm glad to help. If test shard is open, you should test it all before implying (?) it on your main chars and what not

Join Cove!

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
You just PvMing?

Citan Uzuki

Citan Uzuki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Yeah, been just PvM'ng. Wouldn't know where to start for PvP or if this character would even be viable.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I would raise your weapon skill to atleast 110-115. Go 110 anat/tact. Focus is such a waste of a skill in this game, that you dont need it. You can get your mana back by wearing MR pieces and having mana leech, although on archery you get less mana leech from the current nerf, which is why I would get rid of archery and use a real weapon to start with. Other than that, you got a good start.

Citan Uzuki

Citan Uzuki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ok, I thought about it and I really do want to keep archery. I might switch later to swords. This is what I came up with:

110 arch
110 tact
110 ana
100 heal
100 MaRes
90 Bush
80 Chiv

Ill just get mana regen items to make up for focus. Maybe leech on bows.

What you guys think?

If I do switch to swords, should I switch a skill for parry?

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Keep archery, you can still shot and move and upset them meeleers. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
Citan, you don't have to listen to everyone who plays with sharp objects. (I am thinking Bo runs with scissors. )J/k.

Keep your bow, you will like it. :)

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I just never was into archery, I have been a swdsman since the day I started UO. The reason I say drop archery is cause of the severe leech nerfs they did to them. I have only noticed leech problems with the soulseeker, but none of my other weapons.

Plus they mentioned they are doing pvm, so archery wont effect my playstyle....hehe...

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
I was just joking Bo. I respect your choice of weapon ;). I, too, have noticed a problem with mana since the archery leech nerf.

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Mana Regen > Mana Leech Its just a matter of finding the right combination of armor and you will be ok. I made my change from leech weapons when elven composite bows were nerf'd.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
you gotta remember tho, they said this is their first character, meaning new acct or newer acct, prob not lots of money for high end items or arties. decent weapons are easier to find than the perfect setup of armor w/mods.

No offense taken, I am proud of my swords heritage..hehe..I am just now making my first ever macer, so it seems soo foreign to me. I tried the archery at one point, but HATED it. I started too late and missed the Great ML GODLY bow giveaway and made it after the damage nerf and quest nerf.... I just made the archer to kill the other archers that were blasting away with the WOD/AI combos and the 140 criticals. Figure if you cant beat em, join em....

The sound of that flushing of 116 archery on the stone was like music to my ears!!!!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Just Imagine a Ninjitsu-Archer, a balanced Bow, a macro throwing DP Shurikens, and a Death Strike. Now imagine throwing bolas without disarming. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Citan Uzuki

Citan Uzuki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Great, thanks for the info guys, if your an archer on baja watch out, the badest, meanest and most importantly coolest archer is in your backyard! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Go get 'em :)

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
If ur just PvM'ing, archery is a great skill. With archery, you want high stamina to shoot faster, and max tactics and anatomy for higher dmg. I would also recommend getting 120 archery, but one thing at a time, eh. You only need 100 healing, and 60 chiv just so you can do all the basic spells. Enemy of one would be castable, you'll just fizzle a lot :P for now you can try this :)

110 arch
120 tact
120 ana
100 heal
100 MaRes
90 Bush
60 Chiv

edti: max out ur dex to atleast 140 for 4 second heals. Get some MR items and lower ur intelligence. You won't need much if ur just going to pluck away at monsters
  • Damin and Unsupportable like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: archer, character, suggestions or changes