Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

mage/spellweave/mysticism training tips.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

BorikGL

BorikGL

UOForums Content EditorLover of all things UO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I am reworking my mage as well as developing my sampire.

I have finally go myself set on a template and just wanted to see what everyone thinks about it... his main use at the moment is peerless/champ spawns with my guild (normally 5+ of us doing them... this char will remain a group char and will not be too great for solo stuff but will do massive damage to chams and enable you to work spawns well with a team... ev's are your best friend, you will do awesome damage with slayer spell books and rising colossus will be a close second best friend :) as well as other spells when i figure out how best to use them hehe.

gift of life and gift of renewal will aid you and your party as well as the awsome word of death for those pesky champs and peerless bosses! there are a bunch of others in my guild running this temps and we rock the spawns and peerless bosses!

Here is my template.

Magery 110
eval int 100 atm but unsure if i will afford a 120 any time soon.
meditation 120
spellweave 120
mysticism 120
imbue 120

690 skill points, my account gets 710 so will eventually save up to scroll eval int to 120

my magery is 101.5 but i use a tome of lost knowledge so is at 110 for when i casting.
for times when you are faced with mobs that like to pound you i find a nice -0mage wep does the trick.... do yourself a favour though carry str dex cure and refresh pots... the small swing speed boost is good and the others need no explanation (if you do need me to explain just ask)

the main 3 skills i am working at the moment are spellweave / mysticism / imbuing

magery / eval was simple. just used the guid on UOguide and wore a good lmc/lrc suit and cast till i was insane I used jewels to enhance my skill then when the gains slowed down i took off the ring and did the same again, once gains slowed I took off the brace and got my magery to 80 this was in just a few days I then put on the jewels and my book to keep me at 110 then was activly hunting for eval gains. Meditation works itself so no tips for this. at early levels i would recommend hunting monsters that cant dispell, even a blade spirit can cause devestation to the right monsters.... I would recommend riding a beetle then going and clearing out lvl 1 of despise... the spined leather can sell OK or if you have a crafter you can keep it for them. this can be said for any leather dropping mob though i just chose these because they are squishy.

I am working spell weave the most atm... its not the fastest skill to gain and i am so fat at 43 skill.. i am waring my main suit that give mana recovery / mana inc and lmc I am casting reaper form untill i get to 45 then i will switch to summon fey from there untill 55 skill (keep reading this tread for updates on progress.)
between this i am working mysticism.. I am doing 1 full mana burn on SW then 1 on mysticism. I am currently at 42 skill... i bought to 40 last night and worded it for about 20 mins. I am casting stone form ATM.

now, for the money making bit....

Imbuing! i am currently at 71 imbue and i have not imbued a single piece... heres the trick...

Go to the tomb of kings. say ORD at the fire bit then run all the way through... There are 2 monster types in the room at the end... Undead guardians and silver serps. I run through the room into the tunnel at the end then simply pre cast EV and drop 2 in the room. wait until they are all dead then loot like mad. in 15 mins you should have used a bag of sending at least twice for the gold and be at max weight in items!

make sure there is nothing you want to lose in your pack then go back to a soulforge and unravel container on your backpace... watch the gains fly! you get lots of res and essence and the gains are still coming nice for me at 70 skill... my guild mate still gets gains from unrav and he is at 108 skill!

you make money fast here and get undying flesh, silver ser skin and venom and changa mushrooms spawn in the tunell at the back.

once i have done more work on imbue and mysticism i will work imbue last as i will have a shed load of gold and lots and lots and lots of imbue material.

I will keep updating this as i go along. any questins please feel free to ask. I will help where i can,

Borik. (aka Razic)

BorikGL

BorikGL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
what to cast and when...

Mysticism

0 - 40 - Train at Mystic vendor in Ter Mur

Alternative: 0 - 30 cast Healing Stone, 30 - 40 cast Eagle Strike or Sleep on yourself

40 - 55 - Cast Stone Form
55 - 72 - Cast Spell Trigger (UOAssist can make a macro to cast and select spell option)
72 - 90 - Cast Cleansing Winds on yourself
90 - 110 - Cast Hail Storm
110 - 120 - Cast Nether Cyclone

spellweave

0 - 20 Arcane Circle Stand on an Arcane Circle, Pentagram, or Abattoir.
It can be anywhere. The roof of the Umbra mage shop is always a good place to Mark a Rune. Now cast! That's it.

20 - 33 Immolating Weapon Equip any melee weapon to cast. Immolating Weapon casts faster than Thunderstorm.

33 - 44 Reaper Form Make sure you are wearing 40% Lower Mana Cost and as much Mana Regeneration as possible. Keep in mind Lower Reagent Cost is not needed for Spellweaving.

44 - 60 Summon Fey/Fiend It does not matter which you cast, but Summon Fiend causes Karma loss.

60 - 74 Essense of Wind

74 - 90 Wildfire Target yourself. It will not do any damage to you, but will increase skill level.

90 - 120 Word of Death Target yourself and heal as needed. To reduce damage, discard the Arcane Focus crystal if you have one

dlwiii3

dlwiii3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
At 82 Spellweaving, trying to get to 83 so I can cast WoD. But the gains really slowed down around 81, and it is taking me excruciatingly long to get any gains - maybe 1 a day!

I am casting WildFire on myself.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
you could always go to the satyrs to lower your spellweaving and increase your gain rate.

if you don't know about the satyr trick, have a look over here

BorikGL

BorikGL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
another thing that seems to make skill gain slower is if you are at your skill cap.... I would suggest if you have a soulstone and a skill you are not using that is set to drop then stone off the skill you are dropping, this should help a bit but also the satyrs trick should do it.. i have not used this yet myself but once my gains start to slow I will deffo do it as it is a great tactic.

My SW and Mysticism are both at 52 now hehe.

all being well i will be where you are soon...

BorikGL

BorikGL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I also missed something in a previous post... I have elected not to skip the summons section for gains... arcane focus crystals are great but if you have one in your pack... drop it. reason being that you will then only summon 1 at a time. more you cast more you gain. also there is no need to release the summons 1 by 1 they can all be zapped with mass dispell if you have a mage, if not cast them in an area where there are monsters to kill them.

BorikGL

BorikGL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
got to 56 in both mysticism and spellweaving last night... I may just focus on 1 at a time now untill i am high enough to cast WoD then work mystic, but i hear mysticism is easier so i may work that first.

BorikGL

BorikGL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Not been on much this last few night but on saturday I decided to go find me a satyr and try the trick out... I have magery and a tombe of lost knowledge (+ 15 magery).

Head to spirituality and go through the sparkle gate leading to the twisted weld... find yourself a satyr... there should be one close to where the sand starts

The easiest way i found is to do the following..

Go into combat mode, Double click to attack and as soon as you attack from 4-5 tiles away cast invis... dont target yourself yet. head back towards the sparkle gate and once he has hit you with discord invis yourself.. Hit alt + click the satyr this will then set to follow.

when i was hit with discord my spellweave and mysticism were reduced to around 41-42.. for mystic this was a doddle as all i had to do was spam stone form and simply meditate once in a while to regain my mana pool... I did this till at 65 real skill (still a bit to go before i have to change spell.

For spellweqving it took a bit longer as at this level the best gains come from reaper form, which een with LMC is fairly mana intensive and as the satyr likes to move around it can make meditation hard... I decided that what i would do was wait till i was low on mana then remain in reaper form... you get a mana regain boost and if you med this is better. I did this until i was at 43.2 skill (should cast reaper form up to 44 really) then changed to summon fey.. the pixies ake very little mana to summon and if you are casting mass dispell you will get magery gains too! I was getting 4 x 5 summon pixies/mass dispell before i was having to meditate. again i did this until i was at 65 skill as it was getting late.

I stil have around 6-7 full skill points using just these 2 spells before i have to change... at which point i will train mystic out of disco as spell trigger annoys me for this i will use something like bombard and target myself then cast cleansing wind to heal damage as both those spells require the same base mysticism.
but for spellweave i will move onto essence of wind once i reach 60 skill in SW while discord'd. and so on and so forth.

The satyr method saved me a whole lot of time and i was chatting with guildies that were gathering DH keys while doing it so i didn't even get bored.

Thank you for reading

Borik.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Imbuing won't be necessary for mysticism next patch - you can replace it with Focus if you want an easier training time.

BorikGL

BorikGL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Really! thats cool, i have 120 focus stoned for this char... just thinking though i may as well keep it then stone it off for when i make my crafter... thanks for the heads up though