Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Thank you! a little story...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

BorikGL

BorikGL

UOForums Content EditorLover of all things UO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
After all the helpful posts i have read i upped my game last night... rather than hunting earth elementals for gains i switched to cyclopse and titans in Ilsh...

there i was killing for fun, they drop so fast with a soul seeker! then it happened... a paragon Titan popped right next to me... being a sampire i am now fearless and instantly brought up the honour gump.. target him and BAM. i pop a str / dex potion and press my LS macro like there is no tomorrow... it took me about 90 seconds to destroy the monster and all the while I only had to pop 1 heal potion... i did however use curse wep in conjunction with vampire form... this just goes to show how powerful a temp this is... i have just about 75 skill in swords tactics and parry and there i was killing a paragon titan... I can't wait till i am trained up! those blooming dreadhorns had better start to panic now!

thanks again to everyone for your posts and advise.

Farsight... you my friend are a legend.. your guide is helping me to build my dream suit!

Many thanks
Borik - Great lakes.

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
grats on your success!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
And dream suits are one heck of a lot easier to come by thanks to imbuing. Instead of the variable randomness of runics the only barrier is time invested gathering materials.... :)

BorikGL

BorikGL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
yeah, I feel that!
my sampire has taken a bit of a back burner at the moment due to my main char working new skills also but i am working on a suit for him too but need to get the stuff for a guildy to make them for me =)

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Cool :)

I have a guy I want to turn into a sampire, since I dont need more than one chiv archer :)

BorikGL

BorikGL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Cool :)

I have a guy I want to turn into a sampire, since I dont need more than one chiv archer :)

you wont regret it! for a sampire though it bust be a wep skill not archery as i don't believe you can parry with a bow...

if you need any help getting set up hit me up if you play on great lakes, i think i have a soul seaker and a dreads revenge spare that would greatly aid training.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Nah, I've got 101 swords stoned :)

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I think the latest version of our templates doesn't need parry and thus works well with archery as well as a melee weapon.

I recently made the following necro-warrior template:
120 swords
100 bushido
90 healing
100 anatomy
100 tactics
100 necromancy
70 chivalry
With about 30 points I haven't trained up yet (710 skill cap), but are reserved for bushido and tactics once I can get the scrolls (I estimate about a month on that at the rate I'm collecting gold). I could probably buy the scrolls with other characters, but I have this stubborn streak about all my characters being self sufficient.

I'll probably be adding that to my little guide soon, as it has been extremely effective.

But if I dropped swords and picked up archery, I'm not sure I'd be able to tell the difference, except that archers don't have the feint special which I abuse to the fullest (I love my leafblade!) or the whirlwind special which gets me out of so much danger. I imagine that the only situation where it wouldn't be as good as the other sampire templates would be in Doom against the Dark Father.

Anyhow, Corvak knows where he can go to get set up over here on Catskills. The alliance is good for things like giving things away when they could be selling them!
Posted Image

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Yeah, no lack of supplies, just a lack of time to play!