Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

PvM Template help

- - - - - pvm template

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I have a character that is wandering around very confusededed. He is just not sure who he wants to be. He started out as a tank (mage/fencer), then added some chivalry to go with the fencing. Now he has good magery, good fencing, and good chivlary, but he has the dex/int problems associated with that.

His dex is too low to make much use of the weapons but if I lower his Int he won't be able to use much magery....what to do? Anyway here are his numbers. What would you do with him? (please don't say delete and start over)

Str 100
Dex 50 (55 w/jewelry)
Int 95 (98 w/jewelry)

Eval Int 110/110
Fencing 95.7/110 (105.7 w/jewelry)
Magery 105.4/110
Meditation 102.9/110 (104.9 w/jewelry)
Anatomy 100/100
Tactics 58/100 (93 w/jewelry/armor)
Chivalry 90.5/100
Focus 54.7 going down
Total 717.2/720
47 points in jewlery and armor (I am against profenciencies for sure :grin:)

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
you could very well get along with a Kryss or any 2s weapon and have lower dex and have NO problems at all. The cap is 2s and with even 50 dex you should be alright. You can get rid of anat and put your tactics up to 110, get rid of chiv and add bushido, you could also probably get rid of your med too, and go for MR and mana leech and probably do fine as well. There is plenty of potential to be an awesome damaging character there. My vote tho is for a kryss or ubws katana, cleaver, skinning knife, bokuto. Anything under 2.5s and you are just fine. with 60 stam, a 2.5s weap swings at cap, without ANY ssi on it, now if there is the slightest bit of SSI on it, you are fine at 50 dex/stam.

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I've never even looked at Bushido. I guess I should see what it offers.

Posted Image

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
Bushido is geat with parry.

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Bushido is really only useful if you have parry, atleast if you want to evade any spells, which is my main reason for getting Bushido with any of my chars. Anyway, if you just want to PvM, you should figure out if you want to be a mage or fighter. I've tried the whole tank mage template in PvM and it doesn't seem to succeed as much. My main PvM warrior has a template like this:

120 swords
120 Bushido
100 Parry
80 chiv
100 healing
100 anatomy
100 resist

He can pretty much solo anything except Dark Father's and Peerless fellas. He's got 121 str, 140 dex and 40 int. So he can 4 second heal, parry almost anything(spells and direct dmg) and attacks super fast with 148 stam.

If you still wanna be a tank mage, I would drop anatomy. Having anatomy without healing is like having eval without magery. You can drop chiv down to 80, and i would raise tactics and add parry.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I would recommend looking into bushido or ninjitsu, they are great damage modifiers. Yes it is useful with parry, but that is for evade, and if you are pvming, you dont need to worry bout it AS much as pvp, where everyone is an evade "naughty word" Think of every archer out there with bushido and no parry, and they seem to do just fine..
And like I said before, get rid of that Anat, and also the focus, and use very speedy weaps. You should do AWESOME once setup.

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I have full mages, and full warriors. This guy was an experiment as a tank, it wasn't going very well. My dedicated character types work a lot better. I will look into the bushido and ninja aspects and see what I come up with. I haven't tried either of them before.

Thanks for the ideas.

Posted Image

Guest_AngelsBreath_*

Guest_AngelsBreath_*
  • Guests
Do the old tank mages templates still work all mage with a big hit hally or axe and gm or beter tack. We used to set 3 spells of run in and time the swing speed hope to kit and 0o0o :)

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
There's a delay in hitting when you throw on a weapon, but i guess that won't apply if you had a spell channeling halberd. I do remember those days where you would do exp/fs combo then run in with a Vanq halberd. That was enough dmg to kill anyone in less than 2 seconds, haha.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
You could use 2 event or super rare hallys like a guy in my guild does. He uses Calm and its insane. There is also one called Pacify that is pretty intense. Excellent mage weapons (not mage weapon property) but sc no neg and great mods.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Isn't pacify a spear? I saw it the other day for 100 mill on a vendor in luna, and yes, it's quite disgusting to say the least, haha.

edit: just in case you guys were wondering what Calm looked like, here it is:

Posted Image

NASTY!! DELICIOUS!! SPONTIFANTAGULOUS!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
oh it may be. I just saw someone selling it in luna for like 150m or trading for some ruined bookcase. The guy has been spamming for like a week. I hate seeing xsharders trying to make a profit on my shard!

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
I don't think it really matters cause it's a UBWS as well :)

Haha, it's funny if he wanted to make a profit he should bring it to atlantic. I gurantee someone would buy it for 150 mill. The one in luna didn't last for long for 100 mill.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Its cause we all have soo much money but NOTHING to spend it on. It is by far the worst Luna of all the shards. Nobody sells anything worth a crap. They horde their doom arties, and all you see are obviously scripted museum items. It doesnt help that Luna is basically monopolized by 1 person

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts

*snip*
It doesnt help that Luna is basically monopolized by 1 person

Who?

Join Cove!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
We used to have a giant vendor spot called Skymall, but she sold it, and pretty much uses it for BOD storage now, and she bought up all the vendor spots in Luna. I dont know her name, as each house is owned by different accts, but every setup on every vendor is the same with the same cheesy selling tag lines "save coin over full stone" for frags. All the prices are the same on all the vendors. It sucks...No variety anywhere.

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
The poor baby might just want to earn a dime :o

Join Cove!

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Thus you should bring back vendors to Brit! heh

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Aye, Bo is right, I've been there and seen it for myself first hand. I've even spent time lookin and asking for vendors that sell high end arties, and apparently those don't exist on baja. The only thing I found useful on baja are cheap powerscrolls, after that, there's really nothing else. All it has is vesper museum items and soulstone frags, and the prices aren't even that good.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
We have a guild on Baja that just LIVES in doom, and get most if not all the doom arties. UTB and AFK, they are allied guilds and its all they ever do. I wouldnt be surprised if they have the timer down and know when to get them all. The vendors are absolutely horrible. Most havent been updated in near a year ALL over Luna. There are no good vendors anywhere else either. If I wasnt soo established here, I would have xferred a long time ago...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvm, template