Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New In-Game Items at UO Game Codes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Greetings!

Today we have several new items available on UOGameCodes.com just in time for the holidays! We’ve provided details below, visit UO Game Codes to purchase.

Smuggler’s Edge

The perfect thief needs a perfect weapon! The Smuggler’s Edge has a 5% chance to proc a stealing attempt when fighting a mob. If the proc is not successful you have a chance of gaining skill in stealing instead. If you have natural stealing skill you have a chance to steal one of two new stealable rares:

• Smuggler’s Tool Box – Produces lockpicks daily
  • Smuggler’s Lantern – Has Spell channeling, faster cast, and is hued
Undertaker’s Staff

Thisweapon is perfect when you’re in a jam! (Or just don’t feel likerunning.) The Undertaker’s Staff can be used to retrieve your corpse ifit’s within 40 tiles and you are not a criminal.

Merchant’s Earrings

Whoneeds to haggle with a set of baubles like these? The Merchant’sEarrings are a charged pair of earrings that discounts player runvendor costs per day. Deducts one charge per day, thereare two versions: The 40 use version grants a 10% discount and the 90use version grants a 5% discount.

More...

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Wow, talk about last minute Christmas shopping, lol

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
That staff sounds pretty cool :) (I die a lot).

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
Smugglers Edge is UBWS... Good thing! My stealthy thieving archer has successfully stolen a few things with it. Can't wait to start getting some stealing gains from it. :)

[SIGPIC]http://www.uoforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic8169_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
Ooohhh Undertakers Staff... That is going to piss off some rez-killers! =)
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
How, exactly, does the blade work? I'm a bit confused by the description...

~M

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia

How, exactly, does the blade work? I'm a bit confused by the description...

~M

AFAICT when you hit monsters with it, sometimes it will sneak in a steal-attempt. If it succeeds you get something (gold, loot?), if it fails you get a chance at skill-gain in stealing...
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
And we see micro-transactions make more headroads intot he game.
Mind you I'm not against it at all, just saying.

Hell that setup has made a difference in DDO.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Salivern Diago

Salivern Diago

Ultima Auctions Broker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
I got to say, I'm all up for these mini transaction items via uogamecodes. Would be nice to see some more deco items in there or even special housing... *thinks* now that would be something...

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
really wish if we are going to go down this road, and it appears that we are that for example the undertakers staff you should get 2 for that price, something that can not be recharged (at least I do not think it can be/will be) would drive more sales. At this point I might buy one, leaning to not purchasing right now.

also I would like to see them add more deco items, for all you crazy decos out there. or maybe add like 10-20 deco items at a time, where you do not get the items but your account is able to craft them.

cause really how much time does it take to add properties to a rehued item? just asking?
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I find it insulting that Stealing has now been lumped down together with the melee skills in terms of ease of skillgain.

On the other hand, perhaps people smacking golems afk in Luna will also concurrently be working their Stealing skill and thievery will become popular to nuisance level.

If theyre going to do this to Stealing, then I expect a similar speedy-bladed item next month that lets the user gain at Animal Taming, Imbuing or Remove Trap.

Dear devs, plz stop twinking UO.

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Have to disagree with you here tancred,

if you think about it, stealing on a weapon while you are in combat kind of makes sense.

if you have a robber come at you with a knife and they stab you with it, while at the same time grabbing your wallet/purse you get a weapon/stealing check.

at least that is how I see it.

you rarely see stealing anymore on characters, even in fel during pvp. Way back in the day, nearly every person I pvp against had stealing to grab regs or bandages off your character to stop you from healing or recalling out.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Hmmm...re: Tancred and Warsong... while this idea of adding a skill gain feature to a weapon struck me as a bit care-bear-ish (as Tancred said - then let me have taming gains while fighting!), the storyline logic (via Warsong) makes sense too. I doubt I'd be trying to make friends with a dragon while firing arrows at it, though I could totally see myself trying to steal somebody's loot while clubbing them over the head.

OK, fine. I reluctantly admit, for stealing, it does make some sense.

At any rate, I <3 UO!! :P Happy Christmas, everybody!

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
With LRC, reg stealing is no longer a big deal(or likely even to see someone carrying regs) and other spell schools don't even require regs. Bandages can be kept in huge(weight) or multiple stacks, also negating an opposing steal effect. Insurance similarly defangs stealing against armor/weps. The only use I see for this will be for non-thieves to farm stealables at spawns, or perhaps the farmers to harvest stealables in addition to scrolls to have yet more items to peddle. Stealing and Thieves need some love, but this is almost the antithesis of it by allowing anyone to just swing away for hours in Luna to gain it for $5. Gems of Salvation, Seeds of Life and Mana Draughts were nice sellers but will certainly slope in price over the coming months.

I humbly submit the next, similarly themed, item suggestion:
Club of Matrimony
Cursed
Weight: 10 stones
Animal Taming
Libido Slayer
Faster Casting -1
Bank Balance Decrease 10%
Cold Damage 100%
Weapon Speed 3.5s
Strength Requirement 10
Two-Handed Weapon
Skill Required: Mace Fighting
Durability 20/20

Obtainable as drops from Ophidian Matriarchs or the UO Game Codes store, lol

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

With LRC, reg stealing is no longer a big deal(or likely even to see someone carrying regs) and other spell schools don't even require regs. Bandages can be kept in huge(weight) or multiple stacks, also negating an opposing steal effect. Insurance similarly defangs stealing against armor/weps. The only use I see for this will be for non-thieves to farm stealables at spawns, or perhaps the farmers to harvest stealables in addition to scrolls to have yet more items to peddle. Stealing and Thieves need some love, but this is almost the antithesis of it by allowing anyone to just swing away for hours in Luna to gain it for $5. Gems of Salvation, Seeds of Life and Mana Draughts were nice sellers but will certainly slope in price over the coming months.

not arguing that stealing can not be countered in todays UO. And those changes were brought in by players asking for changes. But is this not what we players are asking for? to make skills relevant/useful again?

Just swinging away in luna to gain? As opposed to what? sitting in some city in fel with my 3 packies loaded down with items and stealing from them? Because that is how I gm'd stealing before, though sadly this was before soulstones and I did not save the skill. Maybe this will encourage some players to actually go out and have some fun playing with the skill in game? Not sure but I believe that it will but it might. I think read that you can only get gains from champ spawns and in felucca, if so that eliminates the luna camping.

Thorodin

Thorodin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
I don't see many thieves in game. I have also Never played one myself. This has actually raised an interest in me and I will create my first thief character now.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
It's nice to have an incentive to play thieves and I'm no enemy of microtransacosn either. But as long as they stick to the monthly payments, items that can only be gotten by real cash should not offer any advantages ingame. Deco item? Bring em! But skill gains or items that change game mechanics (stealing while wielding a weapon) should not be there.

I will likely buy it nonetheless, the sucker for items that I am. But I am lucky enough that I can afford it. But generally they should either make cash item purely for deco or do away with the monthly fee and make even more bonus items available for cash. Currently it's somewhere in-between and that's never good!

Thorodin

Thorodin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

items that can only be gotten by real cash should not offer any advantages ingame. Deco item? Bring em! But skill gains or items that change game mechanics (stealing while wielding a weapon) should not be there!

I do have to agree with you there. Deco items and things like the engraving tools. I would add things that have effects but do not add any real gains, such as the statues that provide reagents. They add an in game effect, but do not a minor one that doesn't offer any real gain. Although like I said, I will get one, things that affect combat or skills like that should only be available in game, either as potential arty drops or a special quest.

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
Terrible website... good items... *SIGHS*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
All excellent points, and youre right about the swinging vs. molesting a pack horse all day in Fel. Perhaps they should make it more like Begging gains, or even better, you have to wander about further afield stealing from everything in sight. Maybe they should make NPC and crate stealing (more)dangerous, potentially rewardable and skill-gainable. Introducing a microtransaction item to perk interest in a skill is, to put it nicely, less than an ideal way to achieve that goal. However, I'm not entirely sure that was the dev's intention, more likely just to test the waters and test an active skill(as opposed to passive skills like Parry or Resist) proc as an item property. Perhaps bigger and tastier things are coming.

not arguing that stealing can not be countered in todays UO. And those changes were brought in by players asking for changes. But is this not what we players are asking for? to make skills relevant/useful again?

Just swinging away in luna to gain? As opposed to what? sitting in some city in fel with my 3 packies loaded down with items and stealing from them? Because that is how I gm'd stealing before, though sadly this was before soulstones and I did not save the skill. Maybe this will encourage some players to actually go out and have some fun playing with the skill in game? Not sure but I believe that it will but it might. I think read that you can only get gains from champ spawns and in felucca, if so that eliminates the luna camping.