Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Price Check on a "Book"

- - - - - book check price

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Its an open book, and you can't write in it or open it to any page. It looks like the book sitting on table in NPC Inn's. Any idea on its price or how rare it is?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flames

Flames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
You and me both... those are old. I have one as well. Someone offered me 1 mil and I was like... what?!?!?!?!?!? Hopefully, we can both get an answer.
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
You'd think people would learn to not carry such priceless items on them while travelling around in Fel.

Oh well, what's on one man's corpse is another (usually Maddux's) man's treasure.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
These little priceless items make Eowyna very happy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Those are super old, like pre UOR. You found a good one, Maddux.
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Tovladian Soltyr

Tovladian Soltyr

Timeless Treasures Co-Owner

• Members
  • 1,521 posts
They averagely go for about 3 mil, super old yes, but on the older shards they are considered an Uncommon more then a rare. Those would be considered really rare on my shard (Legends) cause the only way it would be over there is by transfer.
Posted Image
Timeless Treasures Auctions on Legends Grand Re-Opening to be announced - Contact me for more info

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
You used to be able to steal those in Buc's Den, Castle Blackthorne, and some libraries in 98. They are rare because you can't do that any longer, not like bottles and stuff like that. One is being sold on a vendor in Luna for 5 mill and it's still there, and I saw it go for 9 mill at an auction. It's one of those items that doesn't have a standard price, because not many exist, so it's really up to the buyer how much the price goes for. I would ballpark it at around 4-5 mill, though you may be able to get as much as 7. I think the 9 mill price tag was high because people at auctions like to overbid to "show off their wealth." As stupid as that sounds, it happens a lot.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Thanks Merc :) You just gave me a lead on making it a matching set.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tovladian Soltyr

Tovladian Soltyr

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

I think the 9 mill price tag was high because people at auctions like to overbid to "show off their wealth." As stupid as that sounds, it happens a lot.

This is so very true, being someone that rune and auction house I've seen a lot of people that like to flex thier wallet muscle to try and impress the shard populious. I don't complain though the more and Item gets bid up to, the high my 5% off the top will be :).
Posted Image
Timeless Treasures Auctions on Legends Grand Re-Opening to be announced - Contact me for more info

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
There are some Edan & N'Telquessar I will out bid each and everytime, regardless of cost. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tovladian Soltyr

Tovladian Soltyr

• Members
  • 1,521 posts
LOL yep we have some people that come to the auction just for the simple fact of out bidding someone they don't like that always comes. I find it funny really that people can hold a grudge that far as to waste thier gold just to make sure the person doesn't get something.
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
If I cant find them in Felucca to kill, I will kill them at the auction house or with my bank account. :) Nothing like the the satisfaction you get when an idiot I dislike is icq'ing me for an ebay purchase. It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts

If I cant find them in Felucca to kill, I will kill them at the auction house or with my bank account. :) Nothing like the the satisfaction you get when an idiot I dislike is icq'ing me for an ebay purchase. It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. :)

lolol, not only scary, but funny too. :grin:

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
:) Commerce is just another form of PvP.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
LOL, I don't PK anymore, due to various reasons, but I have had met a few people that I don't favor. The funny thing is, I've run into a few of them in Tram that would be on another character asking ME for aid, even though I'm on the same character they've tried to screw over. Needless to say, they don't get any help from me, haha.

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
Your so rude!

Join Cove!

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Haha yea. Funny thing is I normally pride myself with helping others, but man, how dumb are you to ask for help from someone you've knowingly tried to screw over when they know who you are. Some people are just dense, lol.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Rudeness matches my red tint. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts

Haha yea. Funny thing is I normally pride myself with helping others, but man, how dumb are you to ask for help from someone you've knowingly tried to screw over when they know who you are. Some people are just dense, lol.

Maybe some people doesn't release the wrong in their actions, even after. I do find out my wrongings after I've done them. But that's funny though :P

Join Cove!

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Well here's a lil example for ya. There is this guild called "Moose Mafia" on Atlantic that basically has members on it of the worst caliber. All they do is PK people and try to make others lives miserable. I had a house in Yew Fel near the moongate, and this one particular member was using an exploit to summon nature's fury's into my house as well as cast field spells in them to trap me. Now I don't mind being Pk'ed, that's part of the game, but to use an exploit to do it is pretty messed. So anyway, this guy, who uses the same name for all his characters, died a couple times in destard at the shadow wyrms and asked me for help... I mean, c'mon now, you expect me to help you after what you've done. Jeez, go back to school and get your learn on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: book, check, price