Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Are these items worth much?

- - - - - items worth

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Cybercossack

Cybercossack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
As i don't have a clue about magic weapons I found three items that to me look decentish but could be free in packets of cereal for all i know, please advise.

Item 1)
Sceptre, Air elemental slayer, 14-17 damage (100% physical) speed 3.5, Durability 177

Item 2)
Executioners Axe, Orc Slayer, luck 3, use best weapon skill, 15-17 damage (10% Phys, 60% fire, 30% cold) speed 3.25, Durability 120

Item 3)
Mace, Blood elemental slayer, Defence chance increase 5%, 12-14 damage (100% phys), speed 2.75, durability 108

Thanks in advance

Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
Those all three are junk. The things you want on a weapon are:

Damage Increase: 35% or over. 35% because that is the minimum for an Exceptional quality weapon crafted by a player craftsman. It's possible, but uncommon, to find weapons as loot with 35% or over.

Life, Stamina and Mana Leech: anything over 30% is worth having.

Hit Fireball or Hit Lightning: again, over 30% is worth keeping. Hit Harm and Hit Magic Arrow don't do much damage at all.

Super Slayer: two of your weapons target particular monsters. Those can be useful if the weapon has other good attributes, yours don't. Better than these are Super Slayer weapons, which target an entire group of monsters. These include Undead (all skeletons, zombies, liches, ghouls, etc.), Arachnid (spiders and scorpions, also Terathans), Reptile (dragons, WW's, Lizardmen, snakes, Ophidians), Repond (ogres, trolls, orcs, troglodytes, titans, cyclopeans, ettins), Elemental (all elementals), Demon (Daemons, imps, gargoyles, balrons, succubus).

Hit Chance Increase: anything over 20% is good.

Swing Speed Increase: 25% or over is good.

These are the things that make for a better weapon. The more of these properties that a weapon has, and the more intense each property is, the better. Some other general rules:

One-handed weapons are usually preferred, because they allow use of a shield. Your Executioner's Axe is a two-handed weapon, and therefore should have more properties on it to compensate.

In general terms, the faster a weapon is, the better. A halberd is a fearsome-looking weapon, but they are so slow that you can be killed between swings. Same with lances. Daggers are fast, so are katanas, krysses, butcher knives and cleavers. Try finding some of those. For mace weapons, the minor artifact Cavorting Club is perfect, it hits hard, hits fast, never needs repair and can be purchased for 5k or less nearly anywhere. It's great for training up a macer.

Look at the special attacks each weapon has. You get two per weapon, one at 70 skill level and the other at 90 skill level. They use mana to work, and can be devastating in their effects. These effects vary from Bleeding, poison infliction, double hits, etc. You can see them all by pulling up your paperdoll and clicking on the dagger symbol in the right hand corner.

That should be enough to get you started. :)
  • Damin likes this

Posted Image

GPXtC02

GPXtC02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
simply put - to sum up what has changed -, just about everything that required skill (mages) (slow swinging weapons [axes, hallies, bardies], (thiefing) (factions) (PvP) has been nerfed.

Cybercossack

Cybercossack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Thanks for the very detailed information :D I've just reactivated so this all news to me; quite sad how certained types of chracters have effectively been killed off

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
PPL have been trying to kill me for a long time, but lucky for me they are wusses. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
On occasion, you can find some items are worth more because of their use. Any halfway decent weapon with the "infecting" ability that has use best weapon skill, can be worth a decent amount of gold for those people who PvP with a poisoner. I've found a few of those items and deadly poisoned them then sold them off my vendor for 100k+ and people buy them. I'm assuming because they're too lazy or impatient to camp a spawn and try to find their own.

Also, some old school items have properties about them that don't spawn any longer. For example, old school shields that have resists on them. As well as some weapons that have abilities, such as clumsiness or weakness charges on them.

So for the most part, old items are worthless, but every now and then you find a gem, you just gotta be aware of it. I know I personally threw away a few shields that were worth a lot... one coming to mind, a tear kite shield with 12 RPD, 14 HCI, 15 DCI with I think 22 total resists on it, not quite sure on that number though. This was right when I got back, and I didn't know what the hell those properties were so when I deleted the character with all those nice shields... this went poof with them. Argh

SpFiota

SpFiota

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Halberds aren't good anymore? Man, they used to be the end all be all weapon.

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
I like my hally you just need one with a high swing speed increase and get your dex up.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
The best hally out there for a mage is the one called "Calm" This thing is insane and any mage using it rocks. We got a guy that uses his and its a great finisher with the hit spell on it.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Yea that's a solid weapon, too bad it's worth 100 million :P

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
he paid cash for his, cause there is just nowhere to find one ingame. Especially Baja...The only thing you find on there is stupid donation reward vendors and the same crap thats been on a vendor for a year....

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Well if he paid less than 50 bucks for it he got a deal, as sad as that sounds, haha. Yea, baja really sucks for finding items, but they're pretty good for power scrolls. I've bought a lot of powerscrolls from baja for real cheap and transferred them over to Atlantic then sold them for more. It was a great profit :P

I dunno though, Baja was such a great shard till 2001-2002 time period. Now it's just kinda bleh.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: items, worth