Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

verifying account

- - - - - account verifying

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Guest_berkhalter_*

Guest_berkhalter_*
  • Guests
decided to come back and give UO a try so I bought the ML upgrade, reactivated my account,.. double checked in the account management that everything is showing as it should,.. I patched to 5.0.4d but I get stuck at the verifying account screen.

I disabled my firewall,.. any suggestions?

thanks

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
What is the message you get?

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
Are you on a wireless network and getting interference that affects sending/recieving large packets? Whenever I get interference from my cordless phone (same frequency as my wireless network) it's enough to keep me from being able to log in all the way, but not enough to stop web browsing.

Are you trying to log in under 2D or 3D mode?

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Guest_berkhalter_*

Guest_berkhalter_*
  • Guests
2d client and Im using a netgear router, but the PC im trying to log in on is plugged directly into the router

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
And it just hangs at "Verifying Account"? You're not getting any type of message as Damin posted above?

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Guest_berkhalter_*

Guest_berkhalter_*
  • Guests
yep, it just hangs at verifying account

Kratos Aurion

Kratos Aurion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Try viewing my reply to Sio's thread here

http://www.uoforums....ead.php?t=21773

Guest_inferno_*

Guest_inferno_*
  • Guests
Also try my reply to the above post. Quoted here for convenience:

I'm guessing you use a router to connect to the internet ? This is the likely explanation for your problem. You will need to open up ports 7775 and 7776 on your router and point them to your UO computer's network IP address. My friend had this problem and this solution fixed it. Worth a try :)

Guest_berkhalter_*

Guest_berkhalter_*
  • Guests
re installing fixed it thank you very much everyone

Gravitate

Gravitate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Also try my reply to the above post. Quoted here for convenience:

Hi there,

I have a similar problem and was wondering how I open up ports and on my router? I can get to enter the port start (7775?) and port end (7776?) but I don't know what a port map is. As soon as auto patch comes up it goes to not responding and eventually comes up with the message:

Could not connect to patch server 159.153.197.91:8888
Could not connect to a patch server
Make sure you have an active connection to the Internet via an ISP or a direct connection.
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

Does this sound like a port forwarding problem to you guys? (it works fine at my GFs house with her modem so I figure it has to be my router or ISP?)

Cheers

Gravitate

Gravitate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I managed to open the ports but it didn't help so I pratted about with ipconfig/flushdns and my firewall (zone alarm) and it suddenly started working. This all happened last night and I just got in from work looking forward to a good go on ultima at last and it's doin it again and it's driving me mad! AHHHHH! Does anyone have any suggestions at all apart from shooting my laptop?

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Oof, no idea man :(
I've never had the port issue and my router has a built in firewall and everything.
Hrm, have ya tried running UO with zonealarm turned off?

Gravitate

Gravitate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Still not working, I have tried switching off all firewalls, virus scans etc. I think it must be something to do with my ISP or router as it works fine using a modem at my girlfriends.

Does anyone else have a problem using pipex?

As I say, I believe I have forwarded all the ports I need to.

Is there anything else that would cause UO not to work when everything else does?

Cheers,

Guest_davie_*

Guest_davie_*
  • Guests
hey did u guys work out how to work this could not connect to patch server thing out as im having it now lol :@?

jagg

jagg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
It may be that your isp is blocking ports, not sure if you and your girlfriend have the same isp. I had this problem and once I changed isp's it has worked fine ever since. Thing of note, I called my isp and they swore up and down they didn't block ports, but amazing how changing isp's UO suddenly works with np now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: account, verifying