Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Stealing Help

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

candice lovelace

candice lovelace

DJ Paris Rapture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
I go all day looking for these stealables, is there a trick to this, are they only available at server birth or is a spawn time from when it was stolen last? what is the best way to work my theif?

thanks
Candy

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
You raise your Stealing skill by attempting to steal heavier and heavier items as your skill gets higher. This is most easily accomplished by going to Felucca, buying a packhorse and loading it with gold in the proper amounts(by weight) and repeatedly stealing from it.

More info on Stealing, including how to raise it, here:
Stealing - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

As for stealables, there are many types. Server birth rares only appear once, ever - when a shard is first brought online. There have been no new shards in like 5 years and I seriously doubt there will ever be a new one given how sparsely populated several shards are now where there is plenty of land for housing and such.

Other stealables respawn daily and there is a real race to get them first the second the shard comes online early in the morning after daily maintenance.

Other types of stealables will spawn in chests inside NPC shops in various towns. These often appear every few hours, usually depending on if the previous contents of the chests have already been removed to make room for new items to appear.

All the above-mentioned stealables were "unintentional" by the original game developers. Not quite bugs, but not quite intended features of the game. As those sorts of things became popular among players, the devs eventually added a system of items to steal with the Stealing skill. Many, if not most, of these items have the "rarity" tag attached to them. The ones that appear in the dungeon Doom were the first introduced with this "system" and later more were added in Tokuno and the Stygian Abyss when their expansions were released. The respawn timer is based on the rarity value. The higher rarity items, like the Ruined Painting, only appear once every 4 months! You would be hard-pressed to get gains off waiting for that one! Also, if youre interested in stealables(as opposed to stealing from other players), you'll need to get at least 100 Stealing first and 120 Stealing if you want to compete. Some people, some call them cheaters, know exactly when said items will appear and will have hidden characters there running a script trying to steal the items faster than you can try. It's really the main reason why I abandoned my stealables career.

Lastly, the somewhat new array of monster stealables introduced some months ago lets you steal items off monsters which some people are willing to buy, the Gem of Salvation especially.
Monster Stealables - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

candice lovelace

candice lovelace

DJ Paris Rapture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
My theif is 120, im just trying to find the stuff to steal and never can, it seams they spawn at all hours of the day.