Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Battle of the Void Shadow

- - - - - battle shadow void

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
This Saturday all players on Drachenfels are requested to help in any way that they can, as our hero's attempt to kill the Void Shadow.

This news is taken from a post by Medea[DF] the Drachenfels News reporter on Stratics

Event Schedule: Saturday, Sep 23, 2006

Today we want to challenge the "Void Shadow" and his followers.

We meet at 2pm (14:00 german time) at the Luna gate and heading for Illshenar afterwards.

I wish them luck and hope they succeed in this monstrous task.
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Good Luck Drachenfels!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Let us know how it goes! Also, let us have some clues as far as strategy! lol

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
All you need is Myself and a few of my friends. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

stormysky

stormysky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Please check out this link for strategies regarding the fight!

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Good luck Drachenfels!

*wonders if he should awaken his warrior there to join in.*

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Welcome to the UO Forums Stormysky and you are doing a great job at helping to organizing this event.
Maddux and Dip if you can spare the time please come and join in and anyone else that can make it. This looks like it could be a very large event as far as I know lots of players are going to participate in this task, as I see it we have the abillity to make about 50 golems so everyone can take one with them into battle.
I will try and keep you updated with any news. :)
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

I am sure that Drachenfel's Tinker's are the finest craftsmen (women included), but lets not forget about Drachenfel's Alchemists. Greater Confusion Blast Potions and Greater Explosion Potions are useful as well. Together with Legendary Bards playing their wonderful music (peacing, provo, discord), much can be accomplished. Do not worry Drachenfel's, my suggestions are free for today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Here are some useful tips for defeating void shadow.

1) You need a SUICIDE TEAM to go in and lure the monsters to other side of the room.

2) A team MUST hold the entrance. This team will consist of mages. Thow up those energy feilds folks!!! That is all they weill do boring, but EXTREMELY necessary or else more troops cannot come it.

3) Have a mage or Paladin stay at gate for mass rezzing. There will be A LOT of ghosts....lol

4) You must get someone to stand on all the virtue tiles. A mage who can invis on tile or a stealther is even better. Someone has to stand on tile in order for the void shadow not to heal.

5) Bring a lot of troops. Initially have warriors bring golems in room so u can double your numbers instantly.

6) Have people work in teams (spellweavers, warriors for crossheals etc.)

7) Have someone at entrance tell you if gate is clear so you don't pop in and just die.

8) HAVE INSURANCE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will die A LOT so make sure to have money to pay for all the insurance. A lot of people were screaming that they had no more moeny and they needed to get back to their bodies( I know all you Fellucians are smileing from ear to ear :grin: )

If I remember anything else I will post again. Good luck.

To my Fallen Brothers
Fidelas Ad mortem

stormysky

stormysky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you all very much for the best wishes and thank you Araevin for the good hints you provided here! They were build into our "war plan" immediately! The virtue thing is very valuable information!
Best regards :)
Terowyn

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Drachenfels have killed the Void Shadow
We did it and it only took 1.5 hours,I think everyone enjoyed themselves even those who dead a lot of times.
I would love to post pictures but being a legendary coward and useless fighter, all that I could do was help at one of the rezz points.
Our fighters were lead by a great team, which did a lot of preparation for the battle. So thanks must go to Stormsky, Frarc, Watcher, and all the rest who helped win the day, with a special thanks to Areavin for his helpful post.
Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Woot!

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
Congrats to the fine citizens of Drachenfels! Got any tips for those of us on Pac?

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Congrats!

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Congrats on defeating the void shadow and I am happy to hear my information was helpful. Your shard defeated the void shadow fast!!! It too chessy around 3 hours!!! Congrats once again!!!

To My Fallen Brothers
Fidelas Ad Mortem

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
No screenies? :P

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Congrats!

Wish I could have made it, but playing blind would do no good as I'm sure I would have been running around in Tokuno somewhere thinking I was doing something.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Congrats, my blindness would not have been much help either. I probably couldn't find the mouse, let alone the power switch for my computer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battle, shadow, void