Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Need Family Mage and Tamer builds suggestion.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

izakaron

izakaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
My main char currently is Magery/EvalInt/Med/Inscr. I have plans to add ResistSpells and Anatomy later for PvP mage build. Now I have started second account with Tamer Taming/AnimalLore/Vet, My idea was to add Music/Provo/Disc to the template that will be played mostly by my son and my wife together with my Mage.
From a week I have some idea to change the builds a bit so the templates can be more solo friendly and to forfeit PvP build of the mage. So my idea is something like that:

Magery/EvalInt/Med/Inscr/Music/Provo
+
Taming/AnimalLore/Vet/Magery/Music/Disc

So my question is where Provo and Disc will be more efficient? Will it be better to change Provo and Disc on the templates? Will it be better to make the original templates like:

Magery/EvalInt/Med/Inscr/Resist/Anatomy
+
Taming/AnimalLore/Vet/Music/Disc/Provo

That will make both chars less efficient as solo and in PvE at all, but I'm not sure how PvP is goin on Europa (my server) so I'm not sure if I'm going for PvP at all.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I would go with the first combination. Disco on the tamer and provo on the mage is definetely better than the other way around.

For PvP the pure mage is a viable template, although I'm not sure why you would want to put Anatomy on it... Leaving inscription and anatomy out and taking necro and spirit speak into it would give you a more powerful char imho.

My advise would be to take the family coop version and do some PvE and then build a second char only for PvP.

izakaron

izakaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
As I know 120 Eval Int + 100 Anatomy is equal to 120 defensive Wrest. That is a must against dexters in PvP, but maybe I'm wrong?

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I never heard of that, but that doesn't mean anything.

There aren't that many Dexers in PvP anymore, mainly mages and archers. Also a lot of PvP mages use a -20 Mage weapon instead of wrestling and thus save a lot of skill points. You can make up for the -20 with jewelry that has magery bonus. (Crystalline Ring is of course the most wanted item for this setup)