Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UO Farmers??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Robert Falcon

Robert Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Ok I was thinking!
With this entire cutthroat fighting over Jack O’ Lanterns and such what if?

When customizing your home you could use the same dirt plots as they do for fields, and actually grow things??

You could make a vegetable garden and grow your own food; those with cooking skills should love this. So when events come along like with the Jack O’ Lanterns, you could have a percentage chance of getting one based on the number of tiles you had on your plot!

We could take it one step further! One of the dirt tiles to select from in the customizing mode could be a seed tile! When placed on a home plot, you could plant a seed in it (just like you would in a plant bowl) and could grow any of the seeds that are in game. The planting of the seed would count as a lock down as it is with the bowl until the plant is harvested. While in the ground, it would still have to be tended normally as if in the bowl!

A system like this would spawn a whole new type of home construction, the green house / nursery.

Could also spawn a whole new class of character, the Farmer!

Like I said, just a thought.

* Signed *

Edward Striker

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Well Ed this is a great idea and I would use it too. I've always liked having a farm.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Great idea, especially the possibility to plant seeds. Gardeners would love that!

Malkavian

Malkavian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Hey and you could get a scroll book that is for farmers only.

All are nature based.

Earths Core=A fire based Spell
Ice Calm= Cold related or Para spell
The list can go on.

Legendary can cast a spell like SS and get health back from trees around him. Or a spell were roots trap and harm a person.

LOL ok I need to get back to work cause my mind is on over drive on this. Sounds cool though, well like I tell my wife. It made sence in my head lol.

Malk

candice lovelace

candice lovelace

DJ Paris Rapture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
OMG I totally love this idea. You should pass this onto ea and the GM posting boards as a suggestion so they do this in their next update.

Candy

Robert Falcon

Robert Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

OMG I totally love this idea. You should pass this onto ea and the GM posting boards as a suggestion so they do this in their next update.

Candy

Give me the web address and I shall! I thought thats what this fourm was for? But if not give it to me and I shall sent ASAP!

Elaine

Elaine

The Poison Pixie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
Actually, you could just use plant bowls and lock the things down on the dirt tiles while they grow. What I'd really like to see is things like cabbage, turnips, etc implemented as plants that give the vegetables as ressources and more seeds! It's annoying being so dependant on the NPC farmers.

Personally, I think farmer based spells is overdoing it. But this would certainly give a little more love to the gardeners and cooks around here.

Posted Image

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
I am unsure how often if at all the gms visit here?