Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Ultima to Ultima Online Lore

- - - - - lore online ultima

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
also the names were given to the facets because the way you traveled between them was by using moonstones. the moonstones were linked to the 2 moons of Sosaria. you could find Felucca and Trammel moonstones. if you were in Trammel you needed to use a Felucca moonstone to open a gate to the other facet.

*side note the stones would change color depending on the phase of the moons.

now however you just step into a moongate to travel between them or recall. when the "new" facet was discovered you could not recall or gate between them you had to use a moonstone.

the facets Trammel and Felucca where given their name because of the stone used to access them. you used a Trammel moonstone to get to what we now call Trammel and Felucca moonstone to get to what we now call Felucca.

hope that helps clear things up:)

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
*waits for the kingdom to be reborn*

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Thanks Som, I knew of the whole moonstone business but didn't connect it with the facet names. Makes lots of sense too.

The thing I gotta wonder about is how much is contained within a Shard? The "official" wording is "a perfect likeness of Britannia", but since clearly also Trammel and Felucca are present... some part of space around Britannia is within each Shard. The question is, how much space? Could there be entire other planets? Is it limited to Britannia's own orbit? What if there was a can of cola dropped from a passing Kilrathi space ship floating around in orbit when the Shattering happened, is that floating in space on every shard now?

Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
O_o Wow man it can be very indepth conversation really... this is so fasinating! *contuines to read if more contuines to reply*

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Thanks Som, I knew of the whole moonstone business but didn't connect it with the facet names. Makes lots of sense too.

The thing I gotta wonder about is how much is contained within a Shard? The "official" wording is "a perfect likeness of Britannia", but since clearly also Trammel and Felucca are present... some part of space around Britannia is within each Shard. The question is, how much space? Could there be entire other planets? Is it limited to Britannia's own orbit? What if there was a can of cola dropped from a passing Kilrathi space ship floating around in orbit when the Shattering happened, is that floating in space on every shard now?

I have my own idea about it but EA has not released to much info so it would just be my own thoughts on what happened when the gem shattered.

Hmm... I think I'll go look around for a Kilrathi vendor selling Cola :grin:

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Here's a good old site on the Ultima series.

Auric's Ultima Moongates

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
That is a cool website! Thanks Silverfoot!

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lore, online, ultima