Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Resisting Spells?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DTroll

DTroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
I have a Fisherman I've used for about 7 years now. On his template I included Resisting Spells to help against those Deep Sea Baddies. Recently I'm wondering if the 100 skill points might be put to better use than on Resisting Spells. Could you explain to me the benefits of having GM Resisting Spells? My armor's elemental resists are all maxed. Thanks! 8)

Reiver

Reiver

Preceptor of Silver Dawn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
it helps minimise stat loss from curses and debuffs. it reduces the duration on para spells. and helps totally resist the effects of the poison spell (i beleive it reduces it one step if its successfully resisted) thats pretty much all I can think of it doing. weather its a waste is debatable i know alot of pvmers don't bother.

Jessica Stareye

Jessica Stareye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
with me personally i have always thought resist is a waste of skill... it is only useful for the resists the poison spell completely... but for curses... there are apples and if you have chiv then there is remove curse...

back in the day resist was a must have skill...

Ezraben

Ezraben

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have 120 resist on my Olde School mage and even though I use protection (which lowers reset by 30) I am rarely paralyzed and resist poison 50% of the time. When I play with my tamer (0 resist) I get para'ed every time and poisoned every time. Like every skill in UO, it is a trade off, that depends on what you fight the most, vs. what other skills you have. The only way to know for sure is to store resist, and see how things go for you. Lots of work but, what part of UO isn't, besides Dying?
"That which we endure makes us strong!"

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I'd say it depends on your template. If you don't really need the skill points, resisting spells never hurts.

MegaMongbat

MegaMongbat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
I love having resist!
But then, I love running around naked too...
(which means the 40 damage resist comes in nicely)

Burzumuk

Burzumuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Depends on the fishermans template mate, shoot down what else he is stacked with.
I personally would use it on a treasurehunter/fisherman.
Posted Image
Go ahead... SHOOT ME! But if ya do, ya'll NEVER find outwhere the treasure's buried!....
It's a deal!