Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

SA client lacks of RP Support

- - - - - environment hotkey ui walking

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
You all remember the CTRL key function of KR, enabling to turn your char around without walking, at walls and tables aso?
SA does not support this in any way anymore, but I think this is essential for good roleplay!
I know the macro criers but why not just make that bindable to a custom key?

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Being that I have a Vesperian, do you know how painful it is to line up and do marching in SA? :(

Can we change this please?

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I missed it too in the beginning but a short right-click usually does the trick. Just make it a very brisk click, otherwise you'll walk one step.

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

I missed it too in the beginning but a short right-click usually does the trick. Just make it a very brisk click, otherwise you'll walk one step.

This would work in 2D but not in SA client.
You cannot turn towards tables and such this way using SA client :(

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
tapping an arrow key won't work?

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Nope, those clicking and arrow key things work in 2D only at present.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
Oh my.....That's a pretty basic function to not have!

-Galen's player

Finnias Yurl

Finnias Yurl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I just use the numpad. 2D 4tw.

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

I just use the numpad. 2D 4tw.

Hey Finnias, in 2D everything works fine as always. The problem is with the SA client only.

Marc Anthony

Marc Anthony

You will always remember this as the day you almost caught Marc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
It works in SA. But have to click very fast and lightly.
Marc Anthony
Pirate King of VTC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Sorry but no it doesn't matter how fast ye click, ye will always bounce of the wall or any other item blocking the way in the desired direction. Most RPers seem to use 2D, in that client this is no problem and it would work like you suggested.
I wanted to bring up this topic because I really need to use the nahanced client due to the screen resolution. In KR you could hold the CTRL key down to get a similar behaviour as it is in 2D but this has been removed/deactivated in enhanced client because of a so called 'macro problem'.

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
Just tested in my Enhanced Client, but for me a short (right-)click works fine to just turn... But only if I click close to the toon... When I click further away, it doesn't work.

But that makes sense, as (right-)clicking further away means running instead of walking...
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Just tested in my Enhanced Client, but for me a short (right-)click works fine to just turn... But only if I click close to the toon... When I click further away, it doesn't work.

But that makes sense, as (right-)clicking further away means running instead of walking...

Doing this with no items, walls or something like around it works or course.
Please try the following:
1) Stand in front of a table or wall
2) try to turn your char, to have it look over the table or against the wall
You will bounce of the wall or table and the char turns away from the table.

Good RP example would be: you are at a market stand; someone shouts and you turn around.
After a small talk you want to turn back to the table. This is simply impossible in enhanced client. If you got any fix/hack/cutom ui addon that can correct this behaviour. Please let me know.

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia

Doing this with no items, walls or something like around it works or course.
Please try the following:
1) Stand in front of a table or wall
2) try to turn your char, to have it look over the table or against the wall
You will bounce of the wall or table and the char turns away from the table.

Good RP example would be: you are at a market stand; someone shouts and you turn around.
After a small talk you want to turn back to the table. This is simply impossible in enhanced client. If you got any fix/hack/cutom ui addon that can correct this behaviour. Please let me know.

See, there's additional circumstances you did not mention before... ;)
I can confirm that in those cases, there is indeed unwanted behavior in that the toon takes one or more steps in the direction they are facing!

EDIT: Interestingly enough, the CTRL still works together with the arrow keys, but *only* for the world's diagonals (IOW: It doesn't accept CTRL+LEFT+UP to face North, you'll end up either facing NE or NW, depening on which cursor key you pressed last...)
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: environment, hotkey, ui, walking