Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

warrior question

- - - - - question warrior

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

erect4dayz

erect4dayz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
i post in ask a question but i think this is a more suitable spot...
ok im not lazy and ive looked quite a bit for some answers to warriors. as a warrior what should i have my int at? also im a sword warrior so what should i set me dex at and my strength. like ive said b4 i dont know to much about the player builds on this game...but kinda looking for some warrior feedback to what i should use. bah lol UO is down but i think i got my stats like so...
Lumberjacking 96ish ^
swords 107.4 ^
anatomy 109.6 ^
heal 90.3 ^
hiding 98.7 locked
magic resist 69.1 ^
umm since uo is is down the one that let me cast spells...is at 22.4 set to skill down
tactics 106.5
my base str 105
dex 112
int 28

see im not sure if i need more strength or not and what i need to get my other skills at...cause my goal is not to use any rings or bracelets to hit 120 only to use those that add to my strength and dex and hit point regen if you can follow what i mean. i appreciate the help thanks.

erect4dayz

erect4dayz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
been doing some reading for a couple of hours on here and im not sure if i need resist or lumberjacking and like i previously posted im lowering my magery. how can i get more paralyzing blows when i bladeweave? and what can i do to kinda hold my own in PvP. yea im a noob no doubt about that. its just the 2 guys i play with use casters and there pretty much useless when it comes to questions i have. i was in a big guild back in the day but there all retired soo yea lol.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
So this is your template, man trash jacking and resist?

Lumberjacking 96ish ^
swords 107.4 ^
anatomy 109.6 ^
heal 90.3 ^
hiding 98.7 locked
magic resist 69.1 ^
umm since uo is is down the one that let me cast spells...is at 22.4 set to skill down
tactics 106.5
my base str 105
dex 112
int 28

I would reccomend the following template

120 swords
110 tactics
110 anatomy
100 healing
100 bushido
100 parry
80 chiv

and get yourself a +25 stat scroll and get your str/dex up nice and high. You won't need a grip of mana since you're not a mage.
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

erect4dayz

erect4dayz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
magery is alreay gone as we speak and lumberjacking is on its way out as im working parrying as fast as i can. thanks for the answer and if anyone else can add what should i balance my dex and str and int at i can get my dex or my str up pretty high, and i use the soulseeker, i find it the best outta most the swords ive tried....
also to add in the template you posted no hiding? lol dam after i worked so hard leveling that up, what can i use to hide myself then? also to add drop my int completely?

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
Get your Str to 125..and like Rex said...you don't need that much mana. Also, make sure you have at least a 70 physical resist suit.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

Also, make sure you have at least a 70 physical resist suit.

Make sure you get some good mods on your armor as well as high resists. Mods like mana regen, stamina regen, hp regen, lower mana cost, DCI, HCI, and so on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

erect4dayz

erect4dayz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
ok i can do that but what am i gonna do for hiding?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
uh, stay and fight...

erect4dayz

erect4dayz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
umm that not what i meant lol we do on occasion pull to many mobs and my mage buddies really love to invisi themselves while there energy vortex clean up.....

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Use Invis Potions, but staying and fighting is better. Why die tired?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
thats what I say. Its only a few k lost, go get rezzed and come back fighting! I die ALOT but I wont run from a fight 9 times out of 10. Usually that 10th time is when I see a LARGE gank coming or the baby is crying and I have to go to a safe spot for a few min..hehe..

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Times to run......... you have that 120 magery scroll in your pack and you cant eat it because you already ate one before. So you tighten up and run so you dont suffer the humilation of losing the scroll.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
that is also a very good time to run. I had a house right outside of destard, so I always ran thru the destard teleporter and bee-lined to my house hehe.. I once ran thru with like 10 guys followin me and I was the solo Baracoon hitter and had like 2 115s and a 120(think it was archery). I was a runnin fool there!

erect4dayz

erect4dayz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
yea well a time to run or hide when i ran into something like a paragon dragon or a balron...sorry i hate getting waxed 4x in less than 5 mins, call me crazy but i know when im licked. whats chivalry do btw and where can i pick up more spells for bushido? or can i even for that matter?

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
There is a comprehensive list of paladin abilities here:

http://uo.stratics.c...abilities.shtml

This is a complete list of samurai abilities:

http://uo.stratics.c...lls/bushido.php

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Once you get the hang of things, your going to be laughing once you start solo'ing paragon dragons and balrons.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

erect4dayz

erect4dayz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
i was checking out chivalry and was kinda wondering do i really need it since i have hig healing? i mean holy light and consecrate weapon and sacred journey are pretty cool but i dont think id use any other skills. right now my timer on bandages is about 5 seconds and im pretty sure i can cure all poisons. also i normally can rez a person within 5 bandages. bushido seems pretty cool and im working it up pretty quickly, so i was wondering if i should substitue chivalry for something else.

erect4dayz

erect4dayz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Once you get the hang of things, your going to be laughing once you start solo'ing paragon dragons and balrons.

thats pretty funny already, is it even possible to solo those things as a fighter?

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Myself and a few others will agree it can be done, for we have done it. But those mongbats wielding Bokutos kick butt! If you see a paragon one, run fast.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Yes its very do-able as a warrior. There are not many AI mindlessed creatures in this game I cant take out. It just takes some practice, but it can all be done.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question, warrior