Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

RP on Europa is absolutely amazing

- - - - - absolutely amazing europa rp

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Reed

Reed

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,783 posts
Oh dear god, Elise!!!
Posted Image

Elise

Elise

Warning: Contains Irritants.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Ya. Just when you thought it was safe. :)

[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/calluna/MyGirls.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Vierna

Vierna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
My god!!! Elise!!!. Get in touch with me!!!

Posted Image

Lyim

Lyim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
When I first started playing UO, it was on Chessapeak. I got my first taste of RP there, started some guilds of my own, tried some Dwarven guild RP that flopped, the list goes on. I learned many things. My mother, of all people, pointed me to Lake Superior and a big RP development going on there, some major rebellion and such. Thats when things really took off and I became a pretty narsty RPer as well as RPvPer, at least back then.

I would just like to make a quick plug here for anyone interested at what can happen when EMs, GM's et all get pumped up by RP to visit Trinsic Felluccia on the Lake Superior shard. Head to the Keg. It's neato!

Anyway, Lake Superior was fun, but I had to go to school and thus left my RPing days for a while, to return to Catskills where I found the RP...interesting. Like someone said above, a lot more Fantassy, and I made the double S on purpose... Decent fights, good storylines, PKs to fend off, but again, something was ... missing.

I head RP was good on Europa, so I thought I'd scope it out and see what the buzz was about. It also worked for my odd schedule at the time that the server was +5 hours.

All of that mush above is to say this: I have never had a greater time RPing, in any funtion, in any medium, with any people, more than I have with all of the folks I met on this shard, in this community.

Only in Europa was I able to actually attempt a snarky, cunning middle class bastard street rat, and eventually watch him blossom into an underworld kingpin, a prosperous real estate owner, a respected(?) doctor and scientist, a powerful mage/necromancer, a senator, and eventually a leader of a major rebellion - all while being a total drunken womanizer!

The depth of character I was able to explore, thanks to so many people just telling me to go for it, was beyond the scope of anything I could have fathomed. I'm waiting for a computer to get fixed so that I can join you all again and see if I can't come up with something new to try.

I still tell stories about my UO RP, and 99% of the tales are from this shard, this community.

Thank you all so much!

(Shameless plug: At work we use yahoo messanger. my SN is matt.girtler and I don't do much work. Feel free to pester me if you like, I'd love to chew the fat, and we can't download ICQ here for some reason...)

I'll see you all in game soon enough dernit!

Arman Stark

Arman Stark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
I started on Lake Superior in September/October 2000. I live in the UK, not really sure why I picked a US server *shrugs*. Sadly I missed the whole Rebellion/Divided Lands saga. I never got involved in RP until near the end of 2001. I have fond memories of a lot of it though a lot of the RP/pvp warring degenerated into massive OOC conflicts. Also the standard of RP was far below that of Europa at that time and has only degenerated since. I spent a year as a Councillor in the High Council, a well-known establishment, it even got an in-character letter from Lord British (Garriott) when the Trinsic Rebellion kicked off. Callyndryl, who became a UO Dev and designed of the second attempt at UO2, was the IC instigator of the rebellion and an OOC organiser of it back when he was just another player.

I first came to Europa in September/October 2005, joining BoC. I lvoe the freedom of UO, being able to create homes and custom buildings, custom uniforms and the freedom to run storylines and set up events.

Sadly there's never really been a successor to UO. Star Wars Galaxies tried but lacked the freedom, and you couldn't place items on the ground.

Age of Conan looks awesome, has good lore but is unbelievably restricted. There's no freedom to do stuff.

Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 have some good persistant world RP servers, with perma-death which really adds consequences and allows for good RP, especially with DMs running events. Sadly the interface and engine feels clunky and it lacks UO's freedoms in a lot of ways.

LOTRO looks good, has good lore and is quite good for RP, but you're pretty much forced into playing the 'hero' role.

My main hope for a game to give the RP freedom as UO is World of Darkness, which is likely still a few years away.

Until then, UO-Europa seems to be the best all-round RP engine.

Rabid Bogling

Rabid Bogling

A Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Mortal Online is often heralded as the "successor" to UO. That remains to be seen, of course, but I suggest you give it a look.

Van Cocidius

Van Cocidius

The World Is Mine

• Members
  • 4,221 posts
Yes, I checkedd out the trailer last year and have to say it looks rather good. Not cartoony like WoW, but seemingly just as good. I hope they have something that has that sandbox feeling to it, only then will it dare to say it's the successor to the throne! I'm still confident it'll be a good game.

Posted Image

Arjenin Karjaar

Arjenin Karjaar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
The RP community on europa is far from slow...the turnouts on recent events have been mindblowing!

Ive been RPing on Europa for 10 years or more, theres nothing quite like it...the atmosphere is unique.

Van Cocidius

Van Cocidius

The World Is Mine

• Members
  • 4,221 posts
Yeah totally, I turned up for a -V- event last night which was just purely Vesper, and we had like 20 people turnout. In comparisant to the 3-4 that we had only months ago, this is brilliant! Looks like things are on the up, even if it is going to be just for a while..

Posted Image

Devante

Devante

Who ?

• Members
  • 2,238 posts
Yep Vesper is good fun at the moment, it has been on the up since the start of this year with the civil war.
We're also bringing in our own currency system soon which we hope will provide more RP opportunities for those that want to RP less combat involved characters, such as merchants, crafters, thieves etc

Reed

Reed

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,783 posts
I think it got better when we got rid of that crappy Chanselor
Posted Image

Van Cocidius

Van Cocidius

The World Is Mine

• Members
  • 4,221 posts
Learn to spell.

Posted Image

Arjenin Karjaar

Arjenin Karjaar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Vesper is a busy town:)

Park Su-mi

Park Su-mi

The voice of common sense.

• Members
  • 1,957 posts
Europa RP died the day Crem quit SoY.

Posted Image
Don't swear, kids!

Van Cocidius

Van Cocidius

The World Is Mine

• Members
  • 4,221 posts
Lies.

Posted Image

Rabid Bogling

Rabid Bogling

A Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
By Jove.. the Guardsmen Militia is the largest guild on Europa. The Baronship of Cove isn't so far behind, and -V- is 5th. Awesome. :cheers:

Park Su-mi

Park Su-mi

The voice of common sense.

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

By Jove.. the Guardsmen Militia is the largest guild on Europa. The Baronship of Cove isn't so far behind, and -V- is 5th. Awesome. :cheers:

Because everyone who doesn't RP has fooked off to one of a million other MMOs? :P

Posted Image
Don't swear, kids!

Sineal Walker

Sineal Walker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Well, almost doubling our members in the last year didn't hurt either ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: absolutely, amazing, europa, rp