Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

RP on Europa is absolutely amazing

- - - - - absolutely amazing europa rp

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Sineal Walker

Sineal Walker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Let's bury that other, potentially harmful thread by circle jerking over how great our community is!

Seriously, I think we offer something uniquely satisfying in our RP. I personally was never really attracted to roleplaying until I came to embrace the ethos of our community, and other places i've tried since just don't cut it. Sure there's different stylistic preferences between guilds but that all overlies a common culture. The vast majority of us are trying to play deep and multifaceted characters with incompatible motivations and conceptions of the good, coupled with intense local loyalties. There's far fewer of the boring stereotypical characters that you find make up most RP communities, and god moding is comparatively rare. Amongst human guilds there's no morally naive and unrealistic distinction between purely 'good' and purely 'evil' guilds which most communities seem to embrace - each group has its own virtues and vices. Above all, we don't take ourselves too seriously and most of us are willing to let our characters look like idiots or break the forth wall on occasion whilst maintaining an overall mature atmosphere.

Yes, i've argued that we could make things even better through certain structural changes and that the golden age has gone for good. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what we've got at the moment. Europa ftw.

Shunsaki

Shunsaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
CoY > CoRE > ERPA > Atlanta > Elves

Henry Winter B^F

Henry Winter B^F

Brigand

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
UO introduced me to online RP. I have played many other games but each time find my self comparing it to UO Europa RP and it just never matches up! Just wish there were more players left in the community! I wonder sometimes how many there really are that play on a regular basis.

Posted Image

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women!

Vaughn

Vaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
The RP community is so good, that I can't stay away for good. I keep getting the craving for UO RP :D

Declan O'Connor

Declan O'Connor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
Nothing lives up to UO RP. Especially Europa RP.

Things are slower sure...

..but that's clearly the credit crunch and not the .. game. :rolleyes:

Van Cocidius

Van Cocidius

The World Is Mine

• Members
  • 4,221 posts
Totally! I purchased PCGamer many years ago and discovered a free trial for Ultima Online: Third Dawn! Being at the tender age of twelve, roleplaying was something I would mock and beat persons up for doing such. But to my surprise, in my first hours wandering around Old Haven as the noob known as Dragoonstorm.. I was recruited into the the roleplaying community of the ERPA branch in the guild called [ARM].

I got told off for saying "hehe" too much, but afterall I was new to roleplaying and wasn't aware that such words were OOC. And thus I went on and look around Europa. I've been around Europa for around eight years now, and I've seen guilds come and guilds go, but what has always been constant is the bold and impressive story lines which have captivated our imaginations and personal time.

The roleplaying on other shards isn't bad, not at all, but it's different. Europa is very military-based, town versus town, faction versus faction. Catskills is very fantasy which I personally do not admire because I've grown up with Europa. We're true to the heritage of the old Ultima games, with the exception of the Drow invasion (booo), and Elves (another EA fuckup). And then there was Samurai Empire, another damaging blow to the games heritage, I hope Richard Garriot is fisting himself in anger over those expansions. Since Age of Shadows (which was great for house customising), Ultima Online has been on the downslide, Kingdom Reborn will only keep it living that little bit longer but will not rekindle the awesomeness of Ultima. I can garuntee, Ultima will be going on for a long time from now, and the roleplaying on Europa will keep going just as strong until that day.

I love you all, I love you with my heart, my soul, my penis. By the way I have no idea what I've just typed so I hope it made sense and sounded pro-Europa! *Thumbs up?*

Posted Image

Reed

Reed

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,783 posts
Holy sheet, i started off with the exact same free cd with that magazine.
Posted Image

Gerek Darkheart

Gerek Darkheart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
I agree aswell. The RP of UO (especially Europa) is the only reason I still play this game. I've been trying other games. But always fallen back on UO.

The quality we have here is something that can't be found elsewhere. The end.
Posted Image

Escaflowne/Balgus

Escaflowne/Balgus

Ironclaw Commander of Minoc [:M:]

• Members
  • 5,561 posts
I wouldn't RP on any other game because it just wouldnt be UO RP, thats how good it is :) Viva la Europa!

J06K4AG.png

Devante

Devante

Who ?

• Members
  • 2,238 posts
Perhaps we could just burn off some copies of the free trial onto disc and smuggle them into magazines at our local shop ?

If we put enough into cosmopolitan maybe we'll get more chicks to cybor with ;)

Van Cocidius

Van Cocidius

The World Is Mine

• Members
  • 4,221 posts
Or we could go out and get laid fo'real?

Posted Image

Reed

Reed

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,783 posts
Its over rated....
Posted Image

Devante

Devante

Who ?

• Members
  • 2,238 posts
I can get that whenever i like really, i'm almost married.

Reed

Reed

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,783 posts
but then when you finaly do get married you will no longer get any.
Posted Image

Attorok

Attorok

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Overrated, overblown! By the way, Devante: HAHA! Now life's truely over ;)

But I totally agree, RP on Europa is great! It's the only reason why I came back- I got sick of WOW (RP is impossible...) and all the other MMORPG's, I thought I'll never play any of that again, but UO- RP is quite fun :)

Elise

Elise

Warning: Contains Irritants.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
There is no RP like UO RP, specially on Europa. There's just something about being on UO that cannot be replicated anywhere else. And trust me, I've tried looking for the past however long it is since I left.

[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/calluna/MyGirls.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Devante

Devante

Who ?

• Members
  • 2,238 posts
...Too long

Van Cocidius

Van Cocidius

The World Is Mine

• Members
  • 4,221 posts
Or not long enough?

Posted Image

Rangarig

Rangarig

Dragon in disguise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
Role-playing on Europa has always rewarded the attentive players and spectators with a wealth of deep and intricate story-lines and adventures. From personal drama to cloak-and-dagger plots to epic battles - there has always been something there for everyone. From your heroic warriors to your common thugs, from playful fairies to scary orcs, benevolent rulers to cruel despots - many have taken the time and toll to give their characters unique personalities and voices of their own.

Despite the limitations of the game engine - or perhaps because of them - many members of the Europa RP community have shown incredible skill and creativity at bringing stories to life - both in the game and here on F4G in player written stories, surpassing EM created events every time.

Thanks to the incredible dedication and staying power of members in the community and through various incarnations of role-playing organizations, one thing has remained constant - a wealth of lore and stories and a love for role-play. As times change, generations of players come and go, rules adapt to new players and client and server upgrades, the stories still go on. Guilds and entire communities have merged, role-play groups have consolidated.

Look at what has been accomplished:
  • a newspaper with in-character news stories, and countless stories on the forums
  • NPC cities imbued with life
  • player-created towns in all shapes and sizes
  • guilds, kingdoms, armies
  • events, quests, adventures - from assassinations to stories of redemption and virtue!

Role-play on Europa is unique, it is amazing and it lives on, since the dawn of UO until the Final Server-Down.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spirit of Rangarig, Venom, Velvetia and others.

Ditriteous/Locke

Ditriteous/Locke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
...It's okay i suppose

Posted Image

The views and opinions of this user are in no way affiliated with his respective guilds, in conclusion F**K OFF!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: absolutely, amazing, europa, rp