Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Need advice for a great farming spot

- - - - - advice farming great spot

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I have a peace/tamer & I want to know a great location to make money and loot (solo and group).

Please dont tell me to go to Montor, I went there yesterday with a couple friends and we got are butts kick by a paragon dragon and while we were running around a paragon slayer took us out in 30 sec. That place is way too hard.

I have 108 music(118 with braclet) and 103 peace (113 with ring).

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Trogs or Blood Eles

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Where are Trogs located and is there a better blood elem spawn other than Shame?

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
BTW, how much gold do Trogs drop?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
500ish apiece, but they spawn super fast, and you can get upwards of 100k+ an hour. I have been able to get 150k an hour there before. They are in the painted caves. If you do it in fel, its better tho, less people and quicker spawn...

There are 2 blood spots in Spirituality, east of the gate in the dungeon along the 2 long hallways in the 3rd level down I believe. There is 1 spawning on each side, and you get Paras alot too.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
A great spot when you are by yourself and just want to relax is the Sphynx. It came be pretty camped up but its really nice for a peace tamer and for training your pets.

Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Does the sphynx give bad karma when you kill it?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
no it doesnt if I remember correctly. I think he gives like 5k gold too. Or is it you give him 5k gold to give you your future? dang its been sooooooooo long since I killed the bugger!!!

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Farming Melisande is very profitable, and a decent party will have no problem accomplishing the task. Melisande is at Blighted Grove.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

erect4dayz

erect4dayz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I have a peace/tamer & I want to know a great location to make money and loot (solo and group).

Please dont tell me to go to Montor, I went there yesterday with a couple friends and we got are butts kick by a paragon dragon and while we were running around a paragon slayer took us out in 30 sec. That place is way too hard.

I have 108 music(118 with braclet) and 103 peace (113 with ring).

:( yea lol you bastich...bendavho told us dude we gotta check out this place i hear its a lotta fun so the 3 of us go there and i wanted to choke the life outta him for that...lol...i think i got my arse waxed 4x in about 5 mins, so yea wont be heading there anymore...:-/

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
I think I'd recommend Onis in Sho Toh. That would be on the island of Homare-Jima in Tokuno. Onis are easy for a tamer and even easier for a peace tamer, they give good gold (about 1,5k) and decent loot as well. One Oni spawns at a time in Sho Toh and you can sit there killing it for ages.

Other than that, the blood elementals in the Blood Dungeon (the abovementioned one east of Spirituality in Ilshenar) is a good place, assuming you don't have trouble dealing with the odd paragon blood ele or daemon.

Posted Image

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
There are Trogs in a cave South West of Trinsic...near the waterfall.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Finding a good hunting spot is also shard specific. You can not find a good hunting spot for yourself on atlantic during peak hours. There will be atleast one or two others who you don't know hunting at the same spots that you would want to solo. I've found Swoops are the easiest for my warrior, and if I'm alone, which is rare, I can pull in over 250k a hour depending on how fast the spawn is. The sanctuary is also a good spot to get money as well, though the spawn is ridiculous at times, with 3 titans, 3 ogre lords, 3 cyclopean warriors, 2 changlings, a doppleganger, 2 ratmen archer/mages and 3 ettins/ogres being spawned at once in a small area. Not many people go there as a result of the ridiculous spawn, but if you get the hang of it, you can solo it with a warrior, mager, or tamer.

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
On Pac, at the swoops, if there are one or two people there, they don't mind taking turns. I haven't run into any jerks there yet.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Oh, if you do try swoops, and you are the one doing the damage, in other words, not using an animal or summoning EV's, make sure you have a bird slayer talisman. Makes a world of difference.

Oh, and most of the times people take turns on Atlantic as well. However jerks seem to frequent it a lot more once 3pm hits, till about midnight... I wonder why? :P

Im Free

Im Free

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
On Pac go to the Oni's in Tunkuno, Blood Eles in the Blood Dungeon East of Spirit Ilsh Gate, WW's in Ice Dungeon, or Dragons in Destard are the best places I have found yet. Miasma's are a good option as well...
Im Free, Legendary Smith of UBB

Paragon

Paragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
Someone reccomended doing swoops just the other day. So um... where are they? lol

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
entrance to the Twisted Weald. Go to Ilshenar, Spirituality shrine. turn left and follow the mountain wall to a vine covered cave. Enter the Weald through the sparklie teleporter in a side alcove of the cave. Swoop spawns just to the right before you enter the desert area. You'll recognize it by the crowds of people :-/ . First get the dreadhorn quest from the lore keeper in Heartwood if you don't already have it.

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
I honestly wish they would have them spawn in atleast 3 locations. No offense to any tamers out there, but I'm tired of seeing them overcrowd that small area with their pets. Leave the swoops to the poor warriors! We're much more efficient at killing them! Oh, and I'm so glad they don't spawn as paragons. Jeez that would suck.

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
I've never killed a single Swoop thus far. Not that I wouldn't have liked to try those too, but the place is so lame and always camped by tons of people so I haven't even bothered.

Miasma works just fine for camping a named meanie... the crazy undead things in Bedlam are fun too, particularly Ladies Jennifyr and Marai.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advice, farming, great, spot