Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Ninjitsu

- - - - - ninjitsu

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Okay, well i went to the wiki portion and tried the recommendation they provided on how to train up this skill. Well it doesn't seem to work anymore. I always end up killing the horse in one hit. Anyway, with the higher end lvl spells being attack spells, like ki attack and deathstrike, how do i get this up without having to run around spamming it on every creature i see. Or is that how it's done now. Any suggestions? :)

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
make sure you are unguilded. If you're in a guild, then yah the animal will die real quick. Use a horse and unguild, and you can build it up no problem.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Ahh, that was the problem then, thanks!

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
lol wait... being in a guild makes you hit harder? That is... weird hehe

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
no being in a guild, you will do damage to your pets, but being unguilded, you can train on them without inflicting damage

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Ahh! haha I knew that!

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
How long did it take to hit 110 with this method?
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
not sure, havent gotten to work it yet. i was working poisoning and chiv while burning off the last few counts to go blue. I just went blue last night and havent gotten to work on it yet. I have been doing mirror images here and there to get up to 76. I will throw on a ring and do the horse method tomorrow after work and see how that goes. Another thing that helps is to get your skillpoints as low as possible so you gain quicker. The char has only like 300 points right now. If you have more points it goes slower due to the GGS method, which I am not sure is still in effect, I still believe less points total is better..

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Less skill points is better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
i was working it tonite some and was at 89 with jewels, about 79 natural and got about 5pts in about 3 hours with 300 skill points. I am probably gonna take more skills off to help gain quicker

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I often use a dummy char to train a skill on. lock everything down and train.once maxed, I transfer the skill over.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
That's a damn good idea, Maddux. I might do that!
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Dont forget to death strike a mirror image for gains now and then.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Dont forget to death strike a mirror image for gains now and then.

So let me see if I understand this, if you have a character with lower skill points it gains better than say a character with full 720 skill points?
Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yar, the lower your total skill points, the greater chance you have to gain.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
That's odd to me, not sure why.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
it just works that way, it raises the frequency according to the GGS chart. I have been clearing that char of all skills and working on 2 at a time, to stay down, but i am keeping chivalry so i can get around, so I guess its 3 skills....I just always try to stay below 300. it seems to be the magic number or something..

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I might make a bogus character and start him with 50 ninja and just work it up from there and then stone it off to my archer.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
there ya go, I wish I still had my throwaway char, but when I made my newest mage, it filled up the 6th slot as a fulltime char....

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Dont forget you can goto Twisted Yield and get Discorded by Satyrs to lower your skill for quick gains as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ninjitsu