Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Quick Question

- - - - - question quick

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Droeden

Droeden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
is KR any good? i've suddenly got the urge to come back to britania after a while away due to lack of the old interweb and the fact that summer was around the corner, or so i believed. i read about KR in its early stages of release and know it had its problems but have some of those at the very least been ironed out?

or is there still no competion for the good old, 10 years is it now? 2D that got me hooked so long ago

also whats the best way to buy game time as EA for some reason don't like me card so i can't pay by that

Cheers in advance

Droeden

Henry Winter B^F

Henry Winter B^F

Brigand

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
Ello Dro, I've only tested KR a little but some who i've spoken to like it and some dont. One of the major complaints i've heard is it's basically an entire new set of controlls, like learning to play a new game! Then again some people really like it. Only way to find out is pay for a month and test it your self. As for game time, no idea sorry.

Posted Image

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women!

Achenar

Achenar

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

is KR any good? i've suddenly got the urge to come back to britania after a while away due to lack of the old interweb and the fact that summer was around the corner, or so i believed. i read about KR in its early stages of release and know it had its problems but have some of those at the very least been ironed out?

or is there still no competion for the good old, 10 years is it now? 2D that got me hooked so long ago

also whats the best way to buy game time as EA for some reason don't like me card so i can't pay by that

Cheers in advance

Droeden

In short, no. It's no good at all. Makes me wonder why they even bothered.

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
I think you should take up one of the free game time ideas and try yourself.

Myself i like many features but find many very frustrating but that could also be because i have played UO in 2d mode for way too many years and i am too set in my ways.
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

qasim

qasim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I know there's plently of features considered unfinished, and items as well. however, allow me to be the contrast and pour my heart out...

I like, I like it a lot. The graphics are very good when it comes to animated characters and monsters. some items they have had great success redoing, and some not.
The UI is right up my alley. It has a very powerfull macro system which actually makes it much easier for me to survive when fighting monsters. It's all new yes, when you get the the hang of it, it will fall natural. Key word for the new UI is also unlimited hotbars with close to unlimited macro's. The crafting menu is simply amazing.

Conclusion is though, they should have not made it gold yet.
there are many bugs, and the developers know. They tell us it will take lots of time to fix it all. Considering how many expansions this game has, houses of all sized and shapes, more clothing then all other mmorpg's combined and the amount of functions/skills they have my deepest sympathy. From a game developers point of view, managing this must be close to a nightmare. I was quite amazed that they bothered to develop the game at all, imho. The first years of ultima might be considered the beta for all future mmorpg's in the customer size above 100k, and there must be a sea of programming issues they must overcome.

Posted Image
"..the first lesson: that we must be
powerful, beautiful and without regret.."
- Armand

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question, quick