Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New playable race: Solved.

- - - - - playable race solved

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
Well, it's certainly fun to speculate. I guess we will just all have to wait and see what the devs have up their sleeves. Whatever race it happens to be will be a fun addition to the game. I look forward to it. BUT, I'll still be an elf. *winks*

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Flames

Flames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
If the gargoyles look anything like this one, I am a happy camper. This should be my new bf... I think I'm in love... lol

Attached Thumbnails

• half-dragon.jpg

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Thats not a gargoyle, thats a Feluccian Mongbat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
where is his Bukuto?

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
He got ganked and dry looted earlier. Poor guy, we will have to avenge him. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flames

Flames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Mongbat, eh? Ewwww... gargoyle had some mystique... Mongbat reminds me of my youngest brother's friend. Yikes! I think I will retract my comments but I was looking at the bod... heheh :grin:
Posted Image

Kratos Aurion

Kratos Aurion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I see people swinging both directions on this subject. Despite what Inu's clues have given us the conclusion that the new race is dwarves; whats so bad about it?

I see people saying its a rip off from other games, its not uo originality etc etc. Well for one thing, dwarves are apart of the original uo series. I believe in most cases, people playing UO want to play in-game races. This applies to a lot of people that have never played the original series.

And how is it a rip off? dwarves are fantasy creatures adopted by tons of games, fictions and so on. The source of them comes from fairy tales, not other games. I can almost garuntee that most of ultimas creatures can be found in similar games. Nothing in ultima is original *ok a lot of it isn't*. You can search on google a random creature in the ultima world and get 10,000 results pertaining fictions and stories and other games that pertain to that creature. My point is, just because its not in the online version of ultima doesnt make it un-original.

Tons of factors make ultima different from other games. How many games allow users to craft various types of armor, wear random clothing styles, or even pvp that isnt totally redundent? Its not the characters in ultima that make it original, its the game its self.

My opinion on this now is I dont have a problem with any new introduced race. It could be a slime and I'd be happy. The lack of player races in ultima is almost pethetic. Other games offer varieties of races to choose from to make players interact differently. Ultima has been strictly human based for 8 years until elves were introduced. I dont have a problem with dwarves and am almost looking forward to them actually being the race. They are one of my favorite fictional type characters specilizing in crafting *hint crafting fix anyone?*

Anyways, regardless of the new race, I'll be happy with what ever they give us as long as its not another slack job:cheesy:

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Maybe the mongbats will look like dwarves.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts

I see people swinging both directions on this subject. Despite what Inu's clues have given us the conclusion that the new race is dwarves; whats so bad about it?

I see people saying its a rip off from other games, its not uo originality etc etc. Well for one thing, dwarves are apart of the original uo series. I believe in most cases, people playing UO want to play in-game races. This applies to a lot of people that have never played the original series.

And how is it a rip off? dwarves are fantasy creatures adopted by tons of games, fictions and so on. The source of them comes from fairy tales, not other games. I can almost garuntee that most of ultimas creatures can be found in similar games. Nothing in ultima is original *ok a lot of it isn't*. You can search on google a random creature in the ultima world and get 10,000 results pertaining fictions and stories and other games that pertain to that creature. My point is, just because its not in the online version of ultima doesnt make it un-original.

Tons of factors make ultima different from other games. How many games allow users to craft various types of armor, wear random clothing styles, or even pvp that isnt totally redundent? Its not the characters in ultima that make it original, its the game its self.

My opinion on this now is I dont have a problem with any new introduced race. It could be a slime and I'd be happy. The lack of player races in ultima is almost pethetic. Other games offer varieties of races to choose from to make players interact differently. Ultima has been strictly human based for 8 years until elves were introduced. I dont have a problem with dwarves and am almost looking forward to them actually being the race. They are one of my favorite fictional type characters specilizing in crafting *hint crafting fix anyone?*

Anyways, regardless of the new race, I'll be happy with what ever they give us as long as its not another slack job:cheesy:

Agreed. All this it isn't ultima wah wah is really starting to get on my nerves.
Dwarves are in ultima. WoW didn't invent dwarves. Tolken didn't invent dwarves. and so on. Ultima didn't invent gargoyles dragons deamons elves humans even mongbats which are just renamed flying monkeys...

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I am mongbat sensitive. :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
*pats his shoulder*

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
:)

Attached Thumbnails

• monkey.gif

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
hmmm..... so its very possible that the Gargoyle evolved into the Mongbat. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Kimmy that siggie is just THE best,hehe.

Anyone who ' knows ' Agnes Nutter will know what I mean :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kratos Aurion

Kratos Aurion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Kimmy that siggie is just THE best,hehe.

Anyone who ' knows ' Agnes Nutter will know what I mean :P

I will pretend that I know what you mean. So yeah..:grin:

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

I will pretend that I know what you mean. So yeah..:grin:

Well if you look at the 'spoonful of sugar' dripping away there ,and imagine it laced with poison *winks* should give a clue :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Sorry, I am lost as to who the old hag is. It's not Inu's sister is it?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flames

Flames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Agnes Nutter is a character in the fantasy novel Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch (1990)

She was a witch in the 17th century and the only real witch to have ever lived. She wrote a book called "The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch" which was a collection of prophecies which did not sell very well because they were unspectacular and all were true. She in fact decided to publish it only to receive a free exemplar as the author. There is only one book left belonging to her descendant Anathema Device. She was burnt at the stake by a mob (because that's what mobs did at that time). The burning caused her hometown to explode, as she had forseen this and packed gunpowder and nails into her coat.

The book is a comedy though. Well, that explains the Old Hag, eh? I think she poisoned Mongbats too... hehe... j/k :grin:
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I dont do so well with witches and vampires. They seem to try and kill me, hex me or turn me into a "Moditor."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

I want to play a Dalek then, on my spaceship which I'll decorate using the Onkyo entertainment system vet reward. I want a pink & green Chevelle to drive around in and an AK-47..no make that a glacial Steyr AUG..to drive to the 7-11 I want them to put in Luna?

How ridiculous need ridiculous be before...oh wait, we're long past that point already.

I want a big breasted elven woman named Firiona Vie to lead me on A to B to C quests as I look for Zelda.

I want to wield a pair of elven scimitars as I defeat the latest instanced dungeon "boss": Homer Simpson.

I want a bio-human character named Samus to blast things with.

And I can sit here and pull reasons out of my arse-of-infinity as to why it all "fits within the world of UO".

The world of UO doesn't exist anymore. Garriott made sure Starr Long made a backup of it to smuggle out of the Austin offices in his CD wallet. I hope very much that Tabula Rasa goes well for the creators of UO and when give them cause or reason to revisit the worlds they created.

In the meantime, if you're smelling something, it's probably the Targ dung from the Klingon expansion slated for 2008.

It's been..no wait..it was, fun.

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: playable, race, solved