Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New playable race: Solved.

- - - - - playable race solved

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source taken from UO/UHall

I have read numerous posts from "It is a meer! No a juka! No a fuzzy! No a dwarf! No an evil efl! No a penguin!" and way too many "GARGOYLES GARGOYLES OMFG OMFG OMFOIGMFG GARGOYLES!!"

Please look at the pictures that EA has provided us. In TWO of these (2) we see a very very pecular character. In one he is shooting what looksl ike a bolt of frost (mindblast) and the other striking lightning down upon a monster (Lightning? ... duh?).
As much as we all WANT To believe that this is the new class, it is not. EA is smarter then that in knowing to not put the pictures of the new class in an apparant teaser. HENCE the word "Teaser". It is so apparant that the pictures displayed are of two characters in lich form casting magery spells.

So what is the new playable race?

Gargyoles.

Want more proof? Look at the lore of ultima. Notice how last expansion we got a good roleplaying class but we got too many people complaining it didnt fit into the lore of Britannia? Well then, how does a gargoyle fit? One could roleplay it, AND it fits into the lore. Win win win win situation (Four wins: business economy players and markee dragon).

And to add to this: Why would Wilki give us a 3d wallpaper of a Gargoyle? Why not a penguin or a polar bear or a dragon or Avatar or lord british or something korney (With a k)?

Yeah, thats right, we figured you out. Too bad it only lasted about a week and you couldnt "reveal all the secrets at a later time in the future".

Good day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just for that they will purposely change the race to something else to make you look like noob! hehe

Gargoyles became accepted in Britannia around this time in Ultima Prime.

And the wallpaper was of a Daemon, not a Gargoyle.

Gargoyles became accepted in Britannia around this time in Ultima Prime.

And the wallpaper was of a Daemon, not a Gargoyle.

Well, in doing a little research I found this review of Ultima Collections which is all the Ultima games in one little cd-rom (pre-online days). If we are sorta in the "same time period" maybe there are a few hints here.....

...Based on the Ultima VI game engine, the Worlds of Ultima games cast the Avatar in wondrous, new lands. Savage Empire, the first Worlds of Ultima game, pits the Avatar in a prehistoric setting filled with dinosaurs and Stone Age tribesmen. Among other things, the Avatar constructs rifles and gunpowder from natural items, sets a trap to kill an enormous Tyrannosaurus Rex, and befriends an ancient reptilian race.

Notice they say "an ancient reptilian race"? Also, kinda makes me wonder about the cannons we now have etc. I don't know. All speculations really, just thought I'd add this bit of interesting info

CatHat UO Character/Environments Artist

Why would Wilki give us a 3d wallpaper of a Gargoyle?

Uh Just to clarify - You're referring to the Wallpaper of the Daemon that Grim did a lot of work on. We put that image out just because we thought it looked so cool.

In the old UO it was this guy..

Posted Image

:) :) :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
As much as I wish it is gargoyles, I won't get my hopes up just yet... after all, elves didn't make any sense either and we got them anyway.

I really really do hope the devs hold true to their current trend of sticking to Ultima lore and don't bring in friggin' hobbits or something.

Posted Image

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
No hobbits...how a bout som Bobbits?

I don't care what the new race is, I probably wouldn't play it ... well, only on the Test Center. An ancient reptilian race....old Lizard Menses!

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

Are dwarves part of Ultima lore or not?

Wilki UO Community Coordinator

They were in prior Ultimas, and since we brought back the elves, a case could be made for dwarves as well. The reality is that there is no set canon to draw from, as what makes up "Ultima Prime" is open the interpetation. To me, I consider 4-7 to be the "core" of the Ultima universe, but I know others feel differently.

I can't really hint one way or the other, so that's all I'll say for the moment.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
Dwarves would be a wonderful addition. Now all those axes and hammers will be used by players...so long katana!
  • Damin likes this

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
I wonder if they would get a bonus to mining?

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Dwarf would be nice addition to playeable races, but I dont think CatHat wants to design the portable stepping stool so the Dwarf can mount his ride.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Couldn't they make one of the Heralds act as the stepping stool though?

I just hope that whatever new race comes out there is a disadvantage as well as a bonus to them.

I'm not too sure they leveled it out between elves and humans, but they tried.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
if a dwarf uses the veteran reward to make a statue, wouldn't that be the equivilent of a lawn gnome? :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
I would sit my dwarf on a log and put a fishing pole in his hands. :)

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Wouldn't a dwarf be better dangling as bait?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Well, I like it, for what that's worth. Meer... Drow... Dwarf.. those are cool ideas. I really can't see Gargoyles or Daemons or .. but maybe Orc... ??? Not that I would want Orc.. Good luck folks.. Hope it is something lots of people love when it finally is revealed... (still wishing Meer, Dwarf or Drow LOL)

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
The new playable race is......................................

(insider info here)

................................................................BARTON!

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
You guys are mistaking a Demon for a Mongbat evasion Mage, bokuto wielding polar bear riding Warrior.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

siobhan

siobhan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
I'm actually hoping for a dwarf :)

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
I guess Inu is rambling on about "stout bearded beings underneath the ground".

Way to go. Yet another case where we could have had something from Ultima's universe, but instead we get something to go WoW over.

I guess Ultima lore at this point is being set aside simply to get names from for new marties.

The new playable race could have been:
Gargoyles
Ophidians
Terathans
Dolphins (this was actually a very neat idea in my opinion)
Juka
Meer

Next year we'll get another new playable race: 40k Space Marines! Preorder in advance to get a Lemun Russ movable tank!

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I would love to see the Primarchs from WarHammer 40k run rampant on Sosaria. Long Live the Wolves of Fenris!! Long Live The Emperor!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I'm just hoping it comes sooner than later.

Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Just wanted to point out a possibility with the statements made by INU...

If anyone can recall back to the days before The Second Age was intro'd live one would remember a written story going on.... in the end the character DISCOVERED the lost lands........

We have INU now to tell stories to us and in my own opinion all she is saying is that there are dwarves doing digging.... now I ask you all where did the gargoyles reside in the old ultima games in the begining? They resided underground until they were forced to the surface world....

So the way I see what INU is saying is that there are these dwarves digging around ... they will stumble upon some strange tunnels... this tunnel/s will lead to the new (ingame) Gargoyle city (such as heartwood is the elven city) and in the new gar city we will find new quests and a gar that will give the change to a gargoyle quest to players...

Id also bet that the player gargoyle will be the wingless variety due to the simplification of creating clothing and armor graphics and in drawing all the animations needed for a character.......

Gargoyles are/were very important in the ultima lore due to their codex of wisdom and its effects on the world and the avatar.... gars are the supreme race in the Lore outside of the avatar.......

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: playable, race, solved