Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

From the Producer

- - - - - producer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Posted to UO Herald by Aaron Cohen 27 Jun 2007 19:07:54 EST

Welcome to a new Britannia, a legendary kingdom re-imagined and rebuilt by a dedicated team who believe that an amazing game, created almost ten years ago, has a future brighter than its past. It represents more than a year’s worth of hard work and investment, an investment in the vision of a thriving UO that provides an experience no other virtual world can offer.

Later today, we will give Kingdom Reborn to the world and invite veteran players and those who have never adventured in Sosaria to experience the new Ultima Online. The new client is available for download at Setup-uokr and Fileplanet.

Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn is completely free, works on every server, every character and for every account. There is no entitlement to deal with, no upgrades, and no hassle. Just download, install and login with your regular account. You can download the client at any time. Players with the Kingdom Reborn client can play hand-in-hand with players using the traditional Ultima Online client.

Does that mean we are done? Absolutely not. There are many developments to come, as our dedicated, passionate fans have given us a long, healthy list of features to add. Our goal is to continually polish and publish, using your feedback as a guide.

With today’s launch publish, we have added several fan requested items. To name a few:

1. UI size slider bar, allowing you control of the size of your interface
2. Brightness control, allowing you to make the world as bright or dark as you like
3. Scroll wheel map zoom, a convenience many have requested
4. New music added throughout the world, along with many new sound effects
5. More optimizations to make UOKR faster on all machines and more friendly to lower end machines

What can you look forward in the weeks to come?

1. A new female paperdoll in a more feminine pose
2. Windowed mode maximization
3. More macros and action buttons, letting you streamline your style of play
4. More improvements to the chat system, with more options, easier channel creation and more access to global channels
5. Map feature enhancements, with more options and customization features
6. And more fan requested features. We listen, we prioritize, we build – all based on what you are telling us

See you in a new Britannia!

Aaron “Darkscribe” Cohen

Producer

Ultima Online

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veggy

Veggy

Human Vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
So its actually finished then now hmm? Ah well Ill have to wait a couple weeks till I can get home to download that. Not going to do it on me mobile card, much anguish and swearing would happen :/
Posted Image

The Tyevers, [A^K]
Vavanai Lanore, [L~U]

Corona.

Corona.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
2.3GB download! Win. :(
Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

So its actually finished then now hmm? Ah well Ill have to wait a couple weeks till I can get home to download that. Not going to do it on me mobile card, much anguish and swearing would happen :/

Though they have made vast improvements to it from the Stage 1 beta tests,its still got a fair bit needed doing to it.I wont be playing on it full time yet,so dont get rid of your 2d client just yet :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sally Buttons

Sally Buttons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
I couldn't even try the beta, it crashed every time I logged in. Does this mean that I won't be able to play at all when it comes in?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kimi

Kimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
They've fixed an absolute ton of crash bugs...
Hell, it's even pretty playable on my computer, which hovers a tiny way above the minimum spec.
Saying that, it's not perfect.
Improvements aside, I feel that like with Third Dawn, they released it too early. Only this time around, they've got a Bug Report feature in:D

Cal Soulshadow

Cal Soulshadow

Quitter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
How long does it take to download? (I have a 2MB conn).

Posted Image

Sally Buttons

Sally Buttons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
About three months
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corona.

Corona.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
I left it on over a day, was finished when I came home. (2mb con)
It's kinda crap, really. I got the feeling I was back in Baldur's Gate. Why can't they realize that the cartoony graphics of UO is CHARMING? :(
Posted Image

Cambylobacter

Cambylobacter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I always thought the graphics in Ultima Online where part of the appeal. I've only seen youtube footage of the new client but from what little I've seen, graphically it looks awful.
Posted Image

Gwen Irima

Gwen Irima

Lost elf

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationHolland
I have the same problem as Sally :( it crashes to desktop each time i try to log in

Posted Image
-oOo- About Elves -oOo-

Sally Buttons

Sally Buttons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
Hmm..... I opened UO-KR and holy guacamole, how bloody long does this damned patch take to finish?????????????? I've done a load of housework and cooked and eaten dinner and it's STILL not done!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

seon

seon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Wait, wha if i had kr already installed? Just the updates wont do the job?

Haleorn

Haleorn

Vesparian

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
Some people love the new graphics and others don't. Charming though the current client is, I personally think its a fantastic improvement, and I'll be swapping over as soon as its properly playable (which indeed boils down to it being released before it should have been, to make room for Stygian Abyss).

Hanse Davion [-V-], Haleorn [DDi], Angfan [Clw]

1998 - 2010

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: producer