Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Physical resist.

- - - - - physical resist

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I have a mage, if in theroy my mage had armor/jewels that gave me 100% phy resist, could a warrior still do damage to me w/ his weapon?

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Correct, but, UO doesn't allow you to have over 70% in any resistance. (Think it's 70 or 75)

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Wut about sdi, can you have 100% sdi?

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Maximum you can have is 12% per item, not sure how many items in total can have SDI on it

http://guide.uo.com/...operties_0.html

siobhan

siobhan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
I want to say SDI is capped tho around 40%

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yea I thought it had a cap, wasn't sure what it was though, heh
Thanks Sio!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Actually no, in pvm there is no cap in SDI. I wear 43 SDI on my chiv/mage and notice a difference when I take off scrappers and put on mage weapon to pvp after we're raided and still killing off spawn. Just like there is no DI cap in pvm. The pvp cap for SDI is 10-15, not sure but its right there, and DI is 100. Hope that helped..

Just off the top of my head, here are some key SDI pieces
scrappers - 25
kasa - 12
pendant - 5
Spell woven britches - 10

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ah yea, thanks Bo!

Isn't that why people were/are hitting the dark father for insane amounts of damage? (something like 255?)

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
probably so. Also, the Word of Death hits him for insane damage, I've heard...

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
I understood all of the but ONE things... What is SDI?

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
spell damage increase

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
ooooh, I forgot the 10% bonus you get with GM inscribe too.

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
To get back to the original question, warriors' weapons can do any type of elemental damage too so even if somehow it was possible to have 100% physical resist, you wouldn't be protected from a warrior's swings. With Consecrate Weapon casted, the paladin would always hit your lowest resist.

So to be truly invincible, you'd need 100% resist in all resists which is impossible anyway. AND you could still be hit by attacks that cause direct damage, ie. bypass armor.

Posted Image

BISHOP

BISHOP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
what about the staff of the magi? is that a good weapon to arm? I think I read up on it and it has 50% damage or spell damage increase?....

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
staff of the magi is a great weapon for mages. Its -0 mage weapon property acts as a weapon skill. so if you have 110 magery, you are swinging as if you have 110 weapon skill. the 50% damage inc also helps because most mages dont have DI items or tactics, so it helps you get a bit more damage off.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Never knew about that. I always wondered what the appeal of that staff was, and now I see it! Thanks.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
the big appeal of it for a while was the fact that mages could have parry/bushido, and just equip that staff and evade. without having to invest any points in a weapon skill. But now they make it so you need 50 weapon points.

BISHOP

BISHOP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
well my character is as follows:

120 mage
111 eval
102 resist
120 med

just started working chiv and starting spell weaving. would it be beneficial to carry that? I honestly thought it gave spell damage increase. Im not really interested in using a wep i dont think although i was told a mage with bushido/evade is very hard to take down but i dont think im gonna get into that just yet.... wonder if i just shouldnt buy that staff from the vendor i saw it on..

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Using a Staff of the Magi saves you 100-120 skill points or so to use elsewhere, so yeah, it's definitely a good choice if you're not interested in using weapon special moves or attacking with a weapon in general. The Staff will let you defend yourself nicely without any weapon skill and it'll even do some damage when you hit with it.

I've been extremely happy to have one myself. I guess the only minor downside is that it's 2-handed, so you can't opt for a shield at the same time. But who cares, you're a mage anyway so a staff is way more appropriate than a weapon and shield :grin:

Posted Image

BISHOP

BISHOP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
now since its two handed can you still equip the scrappers compendium? And the staff basically takes 100% lowered requirement meaning as you said I can take an extra skill and gm it but only when I have it equipped. so instead of having 6 at 120 i could basically have 7 skills at 120?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: physical, resist