Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Post Your Custom House Designs Here

- - - - - custom designs house post

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Lovely designs sekigahara, they don't come across entirely Japanese but that doesn't take away from their charm. I especially like the Samurai warriors.

Bono

Bono

The Glorious Bono of LS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi everybody. Here is my waterfall house that is a work in progress.

Posted Image

Posted Image

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Interesting waterfall :)

Has anyone designed a house in the new gothic or rustic house tiles?

Elegante

Elegante

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Wow sekigahara, those houses are amazing!

Jimmy Pop

Jimmy Pop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Sekigahara, Just as an observation... the two houses are brilliantly designed, but seem to be more identical. With two plots together like that you should consider some type of "flow" between the two plots.

Water from one that continues through the other for example. And the designs shouldn't be of two completely separate houses, but two parts of the same property.

Just a suggestion...

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I am attempting to build a cathdral style church wi the new gothic tiles but im having some trouble. not sure how to take a screen shot yet so need to do that before i can get help

sekigahara

sekigahara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Sekigahara, Just as an observation... the two houses are brilliantly designed, but seem to be more identical. With two plots together like that you should consider some type of "flow" between the two plots.

Water from one that continues through the other for example. And the designs shouldn't be of two completely separate houses, but two parts of the same property.

Just a suggestion...

Thanks for the advice, i did it but its not very clear, i used a small road between the both house but it small and discret.

With water if would be more clear, i will try it if i have the courage to move everything :)

Elegante

Elegante

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I basically somewhat copied cheeseplant's design, but with more space.
(thanks for the inspiration cheeseplant!)
There's a windchime in the tree, for some reason the quality of these pictures sucks.
There's a secret door to easily get to the basement area from the entrance (blue goza mat near it).

Posted Image
By yomiguel at 2011-08-16

Posted Image

Posted Image

neozinho

neozinho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
chaos in my house custom shard (Brazil) ancient mystic!

+- new system deployed - one month!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Elegante, I love that design it looks very cosy :)

neozinho, sorry but I'm not a fan of square designs but thanks for posting the pictures.

Here is my latest designs:

Abandoned Church, it had a underground crypt too but I didn't get any screenshots:
Posted Image

Wildheart Lodge (currently designing):
Posted Image

Has anyone else created a design recently? If so post it here!

Syndael

Syndael

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
After all my years of playing UO I took the time to deco and take pictures of the house, All though I wish we could customize castles we still can not :( so I have done my best with what UO gives me

Front doors

Posted Image

Main room
Posted Image

Posted Image

Roof top Garden

Posted Image

Library
Posted Image

Bedroom one of my favorite places
Posted Image

The kitchen I also spend alot of time here

Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Syndael

Syndael

Syndael

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
The hot tub it can get ooh so cold out in the snow.
also of the North pole, you cant forget about Santa lol

Posted Image

The Room of pain
Posted Image

Random loot from hunting
Posted Image

Alchemy
Posted Image

Fishing
Posted Image

The study along with another bedroom
Posted Image

Tailor room
Posted Image

Last the blacksmith along with servant quarters
Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Syndael

Escaflowne/Balgus

Escaflowne/Balgus

Ironclaw Commander of Minoc [:M:]

• Members
  • 5,561 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

J06K4AG.png

Jipcy

Jipcy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I am posting a floor-plan only house design. This design is intended for an 18x18 house plot. There are improvements possible, which I will detail in the pictures. This house conforms to optimal roof building guidelines.

Posted Image

Design features:

Large, Japanese-style villa. Large shoulder extensions on the first floor, currently designed with open walls.

Roof lines do not extend much past the maximum roof height of a single-story building, even though this building plan is a full three stories + roof. This preserves views of the natural surroundings, benefiting yourself and neighbors.

There may be some opportunities for expanding the floor area of the second story, while still being concealed by the roof-line of the highest roof.

Obviously the doors and windows on the foyer extensions could use some tweaking.

The windows in the Wood and Plaster Walls set integrate well with the Japanese-style Plaster Walls. Some of the glaring white tops of wood posts from the Plaster Walls tileset could be eliminated with similar wood posts from the Wood and Plaster Walls tileset.

The roof line of the north-east corner might be improved by moving the main structure of the house south by one tile.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Optimal roof-building guidelines:

Based on the architecture of the classic Ultima houses, optimal roof design is as follows:

Most (if not all) roofing tile types have a specially designed center-line tile. Thus, you should design most of your larger rooves to compensate for this. Therefore, the size of your major rooves should be an odd number: an EVEN number of ascending roof shingles on either side of the center-line, PLUS your center-line shingles.

Again based on classic home architecture, your roof should be designed as follows:

Build your home's walls to an EVEN number of wall tiles PERPENDICULAR to your roof's major axis. The maximum size of a wall (perpendicular to the major axis of the roof) to be compliant with classic design is EIGHT wall tiles. This allows NINE roof shingles above this wall section. This is because in classic home architecture, roof tiles start at height 2, ascending up to the maximum of height 6, and then descending again to height 2. (6 - 2 = 4. 4 x 2 = 8. 8 + 1 [center-line tile] = 9. 9 - 1 = 8 (roof overhangs 1 tile to south and east of wall tiles).

Why is the roof ONE tile larger than the wall beneath it?

According to the classic Ultima home architecture, roofs should be placed above walls as follows:

For the NORTH and WEST walls of your structure, place your first row of roof shingles directly above the wall sections, at a height of TWO. For the SOUTH and EAST walls of your structure, place your first row of roof shingles one tile to the SOUTH / EAST of your wall sections. Build up your roof until you have reached the center, ODD section of roof shingles, then add your special center-line roof shingle.

For Japanese-style graduated / stepped rooves:

This requires quite a bit of trial-and-error. If you decide to use a special center-line roof tile, your FINAL (highest) roof must be an odd number of tiles (perpendicular to the major axis). Working your way down from the top, your first set of walls must be an even number. Then, you will place whatever number of roof tiles surrounding the first set of walls down from the top roof. Then, step back your next lower set of walls by one tiles on the SOUTH and EAST sides. Furthermore, if you want the stepped roof to wrap around on all sides of the walls above, make sure to compensate for this.

Another example of optimal Japanese-style stepped rooves:

Your highest roof is 9 tiles wide perpendicular to its major axis. Build your walls one floor beneath the roof eight tiles wide, so that the roof overhangs one tile each to the south and east. Build a single tile wide edge roof around this floor of walls. Make sure continue the roof line around the NORTH-EAST and SOUTH-WEST corners of your walls to achieve full effect. Go down another floor. On this floor, the ideal size of wall (perpendicular to the major roof axis) will be (9 - 1 = 8 + 2) = 10. Continue until your reach the ground floor.

Illegal single-tile width roof?
If you're having trouble with the south-east corner of your single-tile stepped roof, place a roof tile at height 1 immediately to the north-west of the offending corner. At height 1, this roof tile will be completely hidden by the corner wall tile in front of it, and make your visible roof legal again.

Edited by Jipcy, 05 September 2012 - 10:57 PM.

• AirFluff likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom, designs, house, post